Silsbee Vs Lumberton

Who That

The last real Silsbee upset that I can remember was in ‘16 when they lost to what turned out to be a decent BC squad that ran the slot T. That was the year that the Tigers had Tre Whoever at Qb, “the hands down best receiving corp in Southeast Texas,” and Calvin Tyler.

This group of Tigers hasn’t seen the Slot T yet this year. Lumberton might jack around and make it interesting.

1 hour ago, gogo1734 said:

A prediction is just a guess. So its silly to think someone has a different prediction than you about a football game, and somehow that bothers you? I bet you've been stuffed in quite a few lockers over your lifetime with that kind of mentality. Please stay in your safe space, where no one has a different opinion than you and all will be ok. I promise. Geez.

That's silly. Newbies are usually silly.

So, just cuz I like silly people, I'll give you some knowledge:

1.An hypothesis is a proposed explanation for an observable event, made on the basis of established facts as an introduction to further investigation and is considered to be stronger than a prediction.

2. A prediction is a declaration on what is expected to happen based on some fact and some evidence, but it can also impart a small level of a "gut" feeling usually based on either history or even more recent events.

3. A guess usually implies, "Hey, I just pulled this out of my butt, because I like this and that's how I want it to be."

So, while a prediction is a guess to an extent, it is more than that. It's like a guesses big brother and requires a little more thoughtfulness. And an hypothesis is like both of their Dad. I hope this clears it up for you sillygogo1734.

Besides, doesn't anybody ever give anyone else a hard time or even a light shove over their predictions (guesses) on this site? Of course they do sillynewbiegogoguessing1734! Relax and have some fun!

3 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Silsbee in a blowout that'll humble L-train supporters. 

Won’t humble me because it wouldnt surprise me.  I will support And root for my team, but let’s be honest; Silsbee has much better athletes. If people can’t see that they are either blind, or choose not to see it so they can come on here after and call for Coach Babin’s job. Watch and see...

8 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

Won’t humble me because it wouldnt surprise me.  I will support And root for my team, but let’s be honest; Silsbee has much better athletes. If people can’t see that they are either blind, or choose not to see it so they can come on here after and call for Coach Babin’s job. Watch and see...

He could lead them to a 30pt win tonight and they would still call for his job. 

4 hours ago, gogo1734 said:

A prediction is just a guess. So its silly to think someone has a different prediction than you about a football game, and somehow that bothers you? I bet you've been stuffed in quite a few lockers over your lifetime with that kind of mentality. Please stay in your safe space, where no one has a different opinion than you and all will be ok. I promise. Geez.

Smashmouth is a little too big to fit into any lockers, even way, way back then.

Ok, I'll admit I'm not always "responsible" with my predictions.  I'll try harder now that I know how important that is on this forum.

Zamean and Mason were big losses, no doubt.  But I think the Raider defense will be OK given the change in personnel from last year to this year.

I "think" our corners and safeties are better at this moment than they were at this time last year. 

I don't remember Smash's other bullet but I'm certain it was profound and worth re-reading, for someone else of course.

I should point out that the guesses and predictions that I made earlier and am making now are not based on Smash's level of research, film study, and examination of mounds of empirical evidence available on 16-18 yr olds in Lumberton and/or Silsbee.

I predict that Silsbee will break a couple of long runs and we won't catch them.  They may even complete a short pass that turns into a long TD for the same reason.  I also think the Raiders will pop a few long runs resulting in TDs.  We have a few kids that can go at the RB position (fast enough to outrun Silsbee in the 100m last year).  I predict this game will be decided by which line blocks the best and more importantly, which defense tackles the best.

4 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Silsbee in a blowout that'll humble L-train supporters. 

No humility needed.  I have a ton of respect for Silsbee and I know that the results of their games against PNG and Nederland were no accident.  They are big, strong, fast and physical.  We will have our hands full and then some.  It will be a great measuring stick for us going into our bye week before starting district.  There is a LOT we don't know yet and tonight will help us learn those things.  Good luck to both teams.

40 minutes ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

Smashmouth is a little too big to fit into any lockers, even way, way back then.

Ok, I'll admit I'm not always "responsible" with my predictions.  I'll try harder now that I know how important that is on this forum.

Zamean and Mason were big losses, no doubt.  But I think the Raider defense will be OK given the change in personnel from last year to this year.

I "think" our corners and safeties are better at this moment than they were at this time last year. 

I don't remember Smash's other bullet but I'm certain it was profound and worth re-reading, for someone else of course.

I should point out that the guesses and predictions that I made earlier and am making now are not based on Smash's level of research, film study, and examination of mounds of empirical evidence available on 16-18 yr olds in Lumberton and/or Silsbee.

I predict that Silsbee will break a couple of long runs and we won't catch them.  They may even complete a short pass that turns into a long TD for the same reason.  I also think the Raiders will pop a few long runs resulting in TDs.  We have a few kids that can go at the RB position (fast enough to outrun Silsbee in the 100m last year).  I predict this game will be decided by which line blocks the best and more importantly, which defense tackles the best.

Now THAT was a somewhat decent post (I can give you a few more tips if you want - free of charge). And yes, I was, and I remain still,  too big to shove in a locker. Haven’t met many that were brave enough to try in the first place. In all seriousness, though, I largely agree with your post above. If you replaced all instances of “think” with “hope”,  it would be even better. See, you didn’t even have to ask for the help!

3 hours ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

Well on that first big run he wast fast enough to outrun those Tigers.He got caught.  

14 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

The last real Silsbee upset that I can remember was in ‘16 when they lost to what turned out to be a decent BC squad that ran the slot T. That was the year that the Tigers had Tre Whoever at Qb, “the hands down best receiving corp in Southeast Texas,” and Calvin Tyler.

This group of Tigers hasn’t seen the Slot T yet this year. Lumberton might jack around and make it interesting.

That was one he(( of a game. I like how you down play that '16 BC squad. That was quite possibly the top two or three best team BC has ever had.  I like how you remember the names of the Tiger players. Oh, by the way we didn't throw the ball very much that year. Yeah, it was an interesting game. 

On 9/21/2019 at 3:29 PM, Tigers94 said:

Lumberton has played a bunch of weak teams this season. They should be ashamed of themselves for that schedule and beating up on those teams.

Silsbee by 3 touchdowns. The Tigers aren't great, but they'll look like the New England Patriots compared to everything else the Raiders have seen this year.

Patriots huh?? Still stand by that statement?