Silsbee Vs Lumberton

Who That

On September 21, 2019 at 4:01 PM, Tigers94 said:

I just hope your football team is bigger and faster than the basketball team.

May want to change my 3TD prediction if they're not

The Raiders couldn't play with the Tigers, but they were big enough & fast enough to win 21 games.  Not to shabby.  

50 minutes ago, Physical Atmosphere said:

I predict that this game will be closer than expected, solely due to the Vidor offense that Lumberton is running and time of possession .

Silsbee 35-21 but I would prefer 54-6 after Lumberton went picking on Evadale. Get Em' Tigers !

Get over it man. Our team couldn’t make the drive, we tried playing Huffman but they had already rescheduled. So Evadale was option C. Good try though

51 minutes ago, Physical Atmosphere said:

I predict that this game will be closer than expected, solely due to the Vidor offense that Lumberton is running and time of possession .

Silsbee 35-21 but I would prefer 54-6 after Lumberton went picking on Evadale. Get Em' Tigers !

I guess you still don't understand that this was a last ditch effort type deal. They both wanted to get a game in after all of their plan Bs fell through. It would be different if Lumberton scheduled Evadale, but they didn't. This game was played due to the flooding of Imelda. At least they got a game in and didn't sit the week out. I commend both teams for getting their players and teams together after watching their families, friends, teammates get flooded. Before you bash any person/team on here, try learning a little bit about the situation first instead of making assumptions based on a whim.   

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 3:29 PM, Tigers94 said:

Lumberton has played a bunch of weak teams this season. They should be ashamed of themselves for that schedule and beating up on those teams.

Silsbee by 3 touchdowns. The Tigers aren't great, but they'll look like the New England Patriots compared to everything else the Raiders have seen this year.

I guess Newton should be ashamed for scheduling Silsbee...

Last year, the Raiders held up pretty good against the Tigers run attack.  The game got a little lopsided only after the Tigers started throwing jump balls over our corners.  I don't see that strategy working for the Tigers this year, but the Tigers also look better at running the ball this year.  I anticipate this being about a 2 hour game with the clock never stopping and the winner being whoever can stop the other team's running attack.  Either way, I think it will be low scoring and a close game.  Good luck to both teams and I pray both teams come out of it injury free.

41 minutes ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

Last year, the Raiders held up pretty good against the Tigers run attack.  The game got a little lopsided only after the Tigers started throwing jump balls over our corners.  I don't see that strategy working for the Tigers this year, but the Tigers also look better at running the ball this year.  I anticipate this being about a 2 hour game with the clock never stopping and the winner being whoever can stop the other team's running attack.  Either way, I think it will be low scoring and a close game.  Good luck to both teams and I pray both teams come out of it injury free.

If we are using last year as a basis of Lumberton hanging with Silsbee in a low scoring close game, then I have a couple questions:

1. How many Senior football kids graduated from Lumberton last year? (a lot, if you don’t know the answer...no Hooks or Mason on defense and no Cruse on offense either, btw)

2. Are Lumberton corners this year better than our corners last year (when Silsbee was, in your words, throwing jump balls over our corners)? If yes, what do you base that on?

3. If Silsbee’s running attack is better this year, and Silsbee beat Lumberton last year by 3 scores and answers to 1. & 2. above are not favorable towards Lumberton (which they are not), then wouldn’t predicting a low scoring, close game be more of a Hope than a Prediction? I know anything can happen, but if we’re being honest, then how can you not responsibly predict Silsbee by 2+ scores?

2 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

If we are using last year as a basis of Lumberton hanging with Silsbee in a low scoring close game, then I have a couple questions:

1. How many Senior football kids graduated from Lumberton last year? (a lot, if you don’t know the answer...no Hooks or Mason on defense and no Cruse on offense either, btw)

2. Are Lumberton corners this year better than our corners last year (when Silsbee was, in your words, throwing jump balls over our corners)? If yes, what do you base that on?

3. If Silsbee’s running attack is better this year, and Silsbee beat Lumberton last year by 3 scores and answers to 1. & 2. above are not favorable towards Lumberton (which they are not), then wouldn’t predicting a low scoring, close game be more of a Hope than a Prediction? I know anything can happen, but if we’re being honest, then how can you not responsibly predict Silsbee by 2+ scores?

Because he didn't. It's his prediction. You have yours, he has his. 

3 hours ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

Evadale moved the ball a bit on Lumberton and completed most of their passes. Evadale's defense couldn't line up with (or play with) Lumberton.  If Evadale's offense could do that what do you think Silsbee is going to do. "Them Tigers be comin" - old Lumberton proverb 

The only thing I will say about last year besides what’s already been stated is that our best safety (Alfaro) was also out for the game. He would have helped against the deep throws. Having Bridges and Conway out didn’t help our offense at all. This year is different and we’ve had some time to work on the new system. We’ll see what happens but it should be a better game than what some people are expecting. And if I’m wrong I’ll be the first to eat crow.

2 hours ago, gogo1734 said:

Because he didn't agree with you? He has his opinion, you have yours. A responsible prediction? What a joke. Dude, were talking about a football game. 

You're silly gogo1734. Silly stuff makes me laugh. Please say some more silly, silly things so I can laugh some more. So we all can laugh at (with) you... I love laughing at (with) you.

1 hour ago, SmashMouth said:

You're silly gogo1734. Silly stuff makes me laugh. Please say some more silly, silly things so I can laugh some more. So we all can laugh at (with) you... I love laughing at (with) you.

A prediction is just a guess. So its silly to think someone has a different prediction than you about a football game, and somehow that bothers you? I bet you've been stuffed in quite a few lockers over your lifetime with that kind of mentality. Please stay in your safe space, where no one has a different opinion than you and all will be ok. I promise. Geez.