Lumberton 54 Evadale 6/FINAL

WOSgrad

2 hours ago, Coach #23 said:

Impressive win..lol. It is what it is. Got a game in. What gets me is beating up on a 2A school and not playing your bench more. Especially the seniors that won't get much playing time in district. And before someone comes to Babin defense, I know of some seniors who got 4 plays or less. Rediculous. Should've played them whole 2nd have. As he should've in Kville game. Guess big blowout more important than treating some kids right. And No...I do not have a kid playing..

If you’re always looking for a problem with the coaching staff then eventually you will find one.

25 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

I know that Mauriceville got hammered.  But what happened in Little Cypress?  Is it runoff from the Sabine that is causing flooding?

Cypress Bayou goes into Sabine River and usually causes back up in the Little Cypress area. Little Cypress homes were flooded probably 8 to 10 in the area I live.  Mauriceville was hit a lot worse and it’s a lot lower. Mauriceville lost both campus and to be honest I believe we should just combine schools to Little Cypress or they should rebuild Mauriceville schools up higher because it’s costing us a lot of money to remodel. LCM still has not got funded from FEMA from Harvey. FEMA is not coming for this new storm. LCM took around a 9 million dollar loan if I remember correctly too keep afloat. LCM is pretty bad off financially and honestly I don’t know how long it will last with the current storms.

23 minutes ago, LC-M said:

Cypress Bayou goes into Sabine River and usually causes back up in the Little Cypress area. Little Cypress homes were flooded probably 8 to 10 in the area I live.  Mauriceville was hit a lot worse and it’s a lot lower. Mauriceville lost both campus and to be honest I believe we should just combine schools to Little Cypress or they should rebuild Mauriceville schools up higher because it’s costing us a lot of money to remodel. LCM still has not got funded from FEMA from Harvey. FEMA is not coming for this new storm. LCM took around a 9 million dollar loan if I remember correctly too keep afloat. LCM is pretty bad off financially and honestly I don’t know how long it will last with the current storms.

Major drainage overhauls are needed thru out the county. Retention ponds, levee systems, you name it. It's a problem that going to continue. They trimmed over growth and did so dredging recently to Adams bayou close to park and Shangri La. It's my belief that this saved countless people north of there, the same devastation as they recieved from Harvey.

10 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Major drainage overhauls are needed thru out the county. Retention ponds, levee systems, you name it. It's a problem that going to continue. They trimmed over growth and did so dredging recently to Adams bayou close to park and Shangri La. It's my belief that this saved countless people north of there, the same devastation as they recieved from Harvey.

I don’t know why we don’t have retention ponds. 

21 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

A retention ocean wouldn’t keep up with the rainfall we got... just sayin. 

Not sure which area you are referring to. But we were speaking of orange county. You would be surprised what could be done to protect you and your family from future flooding. They need to quit throwing money at the problem like its the stripper's fault. Find and implement a solution so she doesn't have to stoop to that level.

I know people that have been flooded 12x since 2000. That's over $1,000,000 in insurance and FEMA payoffs. And the house is still standing in disrepair since Harvey. Obviously it is too low. But the state wont buy then out. Seems like they want it on the tax roll. They walked away after Harvey and bought a house less than 200 yards away. Thank God it was dry this time.

On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 8:38 AM, WOSdrummer99 said:

Not sure which area you are referring to. But we were speaking of orange county. You would be surprised what could be done to protect you and your family from future flooding. They need to quit throwing money at the problem like its the stripper's fault. Find and implement a solution so she doesn't have to stoop to that level.

I know people that have been flooded 12x since 2000. That's over $1,000,000 in insurance and FEMA payoffs. And the house is still standing in disrepair since Harvey. Obviously it is too low. But the state wont buy then out. Seems like they want it on the tax roll. They walked away after Harvey and bought a house less than 200 yards away. Thank God it was dry this time.

I know I'm only of above average intelligence, but for the life of me, I don't understand this comment or the point it's trying to make... I was intrigued by the stripper though.

9 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

I know I'm only of above average intelligence, but for the life of me, I don't understand this comment or the point it's trying to make... I was intrigued by the stripper though.

Sorry I was on my soapbox. Figured I might get some response with the stripper analogy. It worked. The point I was trying to make is that most major drainage projects could be funded with alot less than what is being paid out to flood victims.

Sorry to jump on the soapbox with you but I'll throw my 2 cents in...Mauriceville got HAMMERED, again.  It's not that we're low, it's the fact that record rainfall got us, again. And we're pretty much in the intersection of the drainage area...Cow bayou, Adam's bayou...you name it. The real problem here is the RR tracks...That's what floods most of Mauriceville (including the school) and the majority of Deweyville. When drainage water to the natural drainage backs up, the RR tracks serve as a levee.For those inside that levee, well...get ready to flood, again. My land drains very well. I'm one of the lucky ones. But we need reinforced flow gates under the RR tracks...spaced evenly.  As for our Evadale game...we were looking forward to that game above all else... I feel we wouldve brought it back...but oh well, glad everyone's safe and The 'Dale got them a game with Lumberton. Good job Rebs! Good luck in district fellas.

Evadale RB is a man-child.  QB was good also.  They had good athletes and good size. Evadale is going to make some noise against opponents in their classification.  Good luck to the Rebels.  I was worried about us playing down like that but it was really good for all these players and coaches to get this game in.  Both teams benefited from it and also took their mind off of the Imelda mess for a little while.

1 hour ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

Evadale RB is a man-child.  QB was good also.  They had good athletes and good size. Evadale is going to make some noise against opponents in their classification.  Good luck to the Rebels.  I was worried about us playing down like that but it was really good for all these players and coaches to get this game in.  Both teams benefited from it and also took their mind off of the Imelda mess for a little while.

Well put both Teams got a lot out of it. We as fans always look at games as wins and losses but there is more important things then just the wins and losses before district. It is execution and the coaches have to see if the players are going to execute and how they will execute the plays, even during adversity. When Evadale Coach asked the boys (my son is starting SR receiver) about playing they were all in for it. Some of them thought it was crazy a 2A playing a huge 4A school but they were just wanting on the field to play and then also getting to play on the turf field. I was proud to see them never give up even when the score got lopsided they continued to push through being tired, Hot and worn down. I know our coach walked away from that game knowing that his boys have determination to play at ANY level. Lumberton may not have gotten as much out of it but anytime you can get on a field and run plays and then the coaches watch video of the game you are getting something out of it. Proud of both teams and coaches for putting it together. Like you said for those few hours the boys, fans and coaches forgot about Imelda and got to do what they wanted to do, "Play Ball". After the game told the whole story, Rebel Players and Raider Players stood on the field and off the field talking and taking pictures with one another. Boy, if everyone could have that spirit instead of the attitude of Coaches being crazy and teams getting nothing out of it. To me if we watch how our teams, coaches and players act at the end we would get more out of it. 

Good Luck to the Raiders and Rebels Teams this Friday night.