Newton@Gilmer who wins

EAGLEFOREVER

1 hour ago, Amphibious Rodent said:

BTW Who is the Big Star on Newton's team? I'm going with everybody or nobody, or everybody

I would say they’re all doing their part. KJ is having a heck of a season so far on both sides of the ball. Sylvester of course. Our young QB Williams has really been impressive. I’ll say we bounced back a lot quicker than I thought! 

2 hours ago, NEagles95 said:

I would say they’re all doing their part. KJ is having a heck of a season so far on both sides of the ball. Sylvester of course. Our young QB Williams has really been impressive. I’ll say we bounced back a lot quicker than I thought! 

Not quicker than I thought. Williams actually was the better throwing QB last yearas a sophomore. But he lacked confidence.  By the end of District Play he may have reason to strut like a peacock.  And let me say this now. They will be at the top of the heap next year as well. Having said that, they may not even win this game against Gilmer.  But after watching the Gilmer , Carthage game on YouTube,  I have even more confidence in Newton.  But it will be all out War. Newton doesn't have down years, as per say. Cmon, if you call a regional Championship a down year. IMO, Newton is actually on their way up. They will continue to improve their program year after year JMO. Only advice I would offer, and nobody's asking me. But like every other genius on this site. I'm going to give it. Develope throwing,  athletic quarterbacks.  That's been my only knock on the program over the past 50 years. Very few throwing QB in Newton.  Williams will prove to be by for the best and will be the measuring stick for Quarterback's in the future at Newton. I'll see all you Newton folks mid December at Jerry's.  Have a great Day!!!

2 hours ago, Amphibious Rodent said:

Not quicker than I thought. Williams actually was the better throwing QB last yearas a sophomore. But he lacked confidence.  By the end of District Play he may have reason to strut like a peacock.  And let me say this now. They will be at the top of the heap next year as well. Having said that, they may not even win this game against Gilmer.  But after watching the Gilmer , Carthage game on YouTube,  I have even more confidence in Newton.  But it will be all out War. Newton doesn't have down years, as per say. Cmon, if you call a regional Championship a down year. IMO, Newton is actually on their way up. They will continue to improve their program year after year JMO. Only advice I would offer, and nobody's asking me. But like every other genius on this site. I'm going to give it. Develope throwing,  athletic quarterbacks.  That's been my only knock on the program over the past 50 years. Very few throwing QB in Newton.  Williams will prove to be by for the best and will be the measuring stick for Quarterback's in the future at Newton. I'll see all you Newton folks mid December at Jerry's.  Have a great Day!!!

Newton had a very special team the last few years. It’s hard to bounce back completely. I figured we’d be good but the we’d already have a loss rn. I agree Gilmer will be tough and their defense is legit.  Neece actually opened up Newton’s passing game. I hope they continue to use those tools to continue developing it bc our passing game will need to be effective this week. Not getting the big head just yet. Got a whole season ahead. But I agree, it’ll be a battle. 

I was at the Gilmer Carthage game. Gilmer shot itself in the foot a couple of times and had they played clean, it could have headed to overtime.

I counted 45 suited up for the Buckeyes. And they seemed upset to let a chance to beat Carthage on the road get away from them.

I'm taking Gilmer to win at home.

9 hours ago, NEagles95 said:

Newton had a very special team the last few years. It’s hard to bounce back completely. I figured we’d be good but the we’d already have a loss rn. I agree Gilmer will be tough and their defense is legit.  Neece actually opened up Newton’s passing game. I hope they continue to use those tools to continue developing it bc our passing game will need to be effective this week. Not getting the big head just yet. Got a whole season ahead. But I agree, it’ll be a battle. 

Newton is just as good this year as last. Specifically the team thst played the last 2 games. Without their star receiver in the last 2 games made a tremendous difference.  Newton is better than that team now. Williams is a very proficient quarterback and will improve tremendously during District play when everything is not riding on his shoulders.  And they will get a few things ironed out with the running backs, which they have plenty of. They probably will use the sophomore,  whom I believe is already the better player in different roles. But overall I believe they will have a better team this year than last. Tbese or just my observations. I've stated that I thought Newton would lose this game to Gilmer, but after watching the Gilmer game on YouTube, I'm saying it yan go either way and this point leaning towards Newton.  Gilmer has considerably improved team from last year.  So even with a Newton loss, I still believe they will have a better team than last year.  JMO. Hopefully they will not sustain any injuries and I believe they will play better in District and the playoffs than last year. If that's possible.