Diboll 14 Jasper 9/FINAL

WOSgrad

On 9/21/2019 at 8:52 AM, jimmyw said:

Wow, I knew Diboll was good but they are better than I thought. They are definitely a team that can wear you down in the trenches where most games are won and lost. I hope both teams didn't have any major injuries. I am sure both teams have droves of bruises, That must have been a real slobber knocker. Jasper will be hitting on all cylinders when they play the Mustangs.

Jasper was way overrated , Diboll is not very good , look at their scores in previous weeks .. idk why Jasper was ranked so high . They played nobody good I’m 2 years 

20 minutes ago, Back2swag said:

Jasper was way overrated , Diboll is not very good , look at their scores in previous weeks .. idk why Jasper was ranked so high . They played nobody good I’m 2 years 

Jasper might have been overrated but I saw Diboll with my own eyes. They are good. Newton good? No. But still very good.

As for Diboll scores, they blew out every opponent.

Your views are very skewed wearing those purple eagle glasses. smh

Jasper is overrated just a tad bit but they are a verry good team. Diboll hasn’t had a verry tough schedule but they’re undefeated for a reason. All but one by 20 points or more. I thought Jasper was the better team and I think them missing their running back had a lot to do with them loosing along with Diboll being a good team also 

DCTF agrees that we're overrated by knocking us out of the 4A DII top ten altogether. I'll say it til I'm blue in the face. Diboll is VERY GOOD on defense. We got out butts kicked by those guys. On that side of the ball, they can play with a LOT of good teams. We won't learn much about the Bulldogs this week against a weak LaMarque bunch, but next week will be huge for us against the Mustangs down in Orange. 

2 minutes ago, Bulldogs92 said:

DCTF agrees that we're overrated by knocking us out of the 4A DII top ten altogether. I'll say it til I'm blue in the face. Diboll is VERY GOOD on defense. We got out butts kicked by those guys. On that side of the ball, they can play with a LOT of good teams. We won't learn much about the Bulldogs this week against a weak LaMarque bunch, but next week will be huge for us against the Mustangs down in Orange. 

It kinda seems like you guys are a one trick pony-whenever your HB goes down you can't seem to move the ball.

It kinda seems like Hunt IS the team.

No offense intended, just dropping my opinion. 

Except for JasperDawg.  That dude can go swallow a fork.

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

It kinda seems like you guys are a one trick pony-whenever your HB goes down you can't seem to move the ball.

Come on, man. That opinion is baseless and you know it is. Hunt is seldom used on offense and is getting less than 10 carries a game when he plays and he barely touched the ball when we beat BC by 51 a few weeks ago. Who knows if he'd have broken one on Diboll? Maybe? Those guys kicked our butts. It is what it is. Go worry about your own team instead of talking down about one that's a lot better than yours. 

23 minutes ago, JasperDAWG said:

Damn 92 don't you agree on just how really useless ole P.I.T.A(pain in the A. !) aka backing upcardina cardinalbacker is to this forum! My "You have chosen to ignore content by P.I.T.A" warning came up a couple of times during thread. Then when you quoted her I saw the miserable post. 

Even more funny though the night of that 51 point abusive win you spoke of she was trolling newton/Silsbee game instead of bc in hopes of the Eagles losing. We all know how the PurpleBeast fared. Such a miserable being and she (cardinalbacker) comes here looking for what misery loves most .......

.....company.

Face it..: y’all got exposed. You have wins over BC and LCM. The first real competition y’all faced (unranked Diboll) embarrassed the highly over-ranked (#2 last week, missing this week) Dawgs. I get it... it was just too much pressure and we all know how y’all do under pressure.

Don’t worry, though... y’all will still make the playoffs out of that weak district and then get hammered out early again. It’s as predictable as death, taxes, Jasper ISD firing another Super, and y’all being scared to play Silsbee. 

7 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

This has little to no validity, Jasper played their butts off and they are definitely not a one man team, and ANY team is going to have trouble moving the ball on Diboll this year, but as I recall Jasper had many openings just as Diboll did, the only thing it came down to is who wanted it more.

12 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Face it..: y’all got exposed. You have wins over BC and LCM. The first real competition y’all faced (unranked Diboll) embarrassed the highly over-ranked (#2 last week, missing this week) Dawgs. I get it... it was just too much pressure and we all know how y’all do under pressure.

Don’t worry, though... y’all will still make the playoffs out of that weak district and then get hammered out early again. It’s as predictable as death, taxes, Jasper ISD firing another Super, and y’all being scared to play Silsbee. 

Wow. You're so critical of us.  Be a better fan and pull for your own bunch to get better instead of seeking out ways to criticize other programs. Life is too short to be spiteful like that. 

24 minutes ago, Bulldogs92 said:

Did WOS win the toss for that game? 

Yes. But both teams had already agreed to play there. Hoping it will be there again. By then both teams should be at the peak of there game.next week will tell us alot abt both teams. If anyone has ever been involved in this matchup outta know its fixing to a real slobber knocker.wishing both teams til then the best of luck.

1 hour ago, dj said:

Yes. But both teams had already agreed to play there. Hoping it will be there again. By then both teams should be at the peak of there game.next week will tell us alot abt both teams. If anyone has ever been involved in this matchup outta know its fixing to a real slobber knocker.wishing both teams til then the best of luck.

A 2nd matchup would probably be at The Butch, cheaper than playing at LU from what I hear. 

Shouldn't be any work being done on the stadium this yr unlike last yr come playoff time. 

1 hour ago, JasperDAWG said:

As a true DAWG FOR LIFE I am about to say something that is to some & myself to a degree considered sacrilegious. Before the season started I felt like the dynamic and vibe of the DAWGS was great (and it may very well be) but now after a few games really since the first one , there is something that feels out of square. Whatever it is makes feel like we are not gonna make it to the point of a second game with the Silver&Blue this year. The Diboll loss (though they are a respectAble opponent and will make some noise this year) is not the reason why (though it didn't help any). Fellow Jasper fans I know this blasphemy ain't right and I apologize. (Hopefully this way off)As someone who goes to every game like many of you when I look back I  honestly think we we were better last year (win/losses Not the gauge either). Anywho...... Why I posted publicly I really not sure, maybe in hopes of self medicating.

I think you're right in that we probably were better last year, especially when Hunt was being used more on offense. It never really felt the same after the first WOS game and hasn't since. I'm not saying that the other backs can't do it, but he has an "it" factor that seems to be lacking with those guys. I think matchups still favor us getting three rounds deep and facing either Silsbee or WOS at that point, but it isn't as likely as it was at this point last season. Maybe Hunt gets more work on offense next week and Barbay changes his mind after that. We're still a really good football team, but something isn't right. 

All is not lost,, Diboll was a last minute game with what two days preparation time. Kinda of hard to be mentally up for a brawl when you thought you were gonna play the Livingston boy choir and at last minute got a George Foremon with an attitude. I know it hurts but it wasn't a district game and could get the boys woke up. Not being ranked will definitely give them some attitude. No one wants to lose but pre-district  is the only time to lose and not hurt to bad. Get the bugs worked out and all will be OK.