Diboll 14 Jasper 9/FINAL

WOSgrad

16 minutes ago, JasperDAWG said:

For those that come and say it's all about not having #7 you don't know what you are talking about.Β  A good team as an opponent and sloppy undisciplined play cost the DAWGS.Β  I hate any loss but I think and hope this is a wake up call.

They will be fine !! Just need to iron out a few kinks.

Both teams turned it over 4 times. Both teams had players missing.

Difference in this game was line play. Diboll was much better on the offensive and defensive lines.

Still surprised at how small Jasper is on defense. A power run team with a big offensive line will give them fits.

I came away impressed with Diboll. They will definitely move up some more in my rankings.

Sure not having Hunt hurt, but Jasper has a stable of backs that certainly are very talented who ran the ball tonight.Β  I wasn't at the game, but it sure seems this game was won and lost in the trenches as I was listening to it.Β  Β The other thing that seems pretty apparent to me is that Jasper does not have a very effective passing attack.Β  Lots to work on and best of luck to the Lumberjacks.Β Β 

23 minutes ago, Hupernikomen said:

Sure not having Hunt hurt, but Jasper has a stable of backs that certainly are very talented who ran the ball tonight.Β  I wasn't at the game, but it sure seems this game was won and lost in the trenches as I was listening to it.Β  Β The other thing that seems pretty apparent to me is that Jasper does not have a very effective passing attack.Β  Lots to work on and best of luck to the Lumberjacks.Β Β 

How many really good Jasper teams over the last 40 years does this sound like? The same three things always bite us. Penalties, turnovers at the worst times and the inability to play from behind. Having said all of that, I LOVE our defense. They're gonna give us a chance to be great if we can just clean a few things up on offense. I would guess that Diboll doubled us up in time of possession and the game was still right there for us at the end.Β 

11 minutes ago, Woodshed said:

Not embarrassing at all.....short notice game with two good Teams. Jasper will bounce back and be just fine in District play.Β 

Jasper's district is weaker than it was last year and it was bad even then. It probably won't be a good indicator of where we're at going into the playoffs. I don't like to downplay anybody we play, but it's just the truth. The only good game on paper before the playoffs is West Orange and right now, they're probably a better group than we are. We'll know for sure in two weeks.Β 

Wow, I knew Diboll was good but they are better than I thought. They are definitely a team that can wear you down in the trenches where most games are won and lost. I hope both teams didn't have any major injuries. I am sure both teams have droves of bruises, That must have been a real slobber knocker. Jasper will be hitting on all cylinders when they play the Mustangs.