Predictions: Beaumont United @ Baytown Sterling

Alpha Wolf

Just now, BMTSoulja1 said:

Well, we know about Football and Volleyball, but know for a fact the band, cheerleaders and dancers aren't practicing today.  Looking like it's a strong possibility that the game will be played without the auxiliary...

Not good.  My daughter (cheerleader) said they hadn't been told whether or not they will be going.  Well if that's the case, guess I'll bring my air horn to make up for the band and everyone else not being there...😀

Just now, Alpha Wolf said:

Not good.  My daughter (cheerleader) said they hadn't been told whether or not they will be going.  Well if that's the case, guess I'll bring my air horn to make up for the band and everyone else not being there...😀

That's terrible. My wife has been a cheer coach for 25 years (Crosby, RSS, and GCM). They are an integral part of the FNL experience.

Hopefully the school makes the right choice and they are there on Thursday.

There is so much to Friday nights, as a dad to two band students I know the work they put in. I also know a lot of tickets are bought by those more concerned with halftime rather that big fight on either side of ther kids performance. Years ago we were scouting willow ridge for the playoffs and easily more fans were there for the eagle band. They put on a show. The 3 drum majors entered the field in white tuxedos in a white stretch hummer. It would be weird not to have the band, cheerleaders or drill team. Anyway I think it’s a rough game for the rangers, Beaumont United 35 Sterling 14.

14 hours ago, Bandwagon Ranger said:

That's terrible. My wife has been a cheer coach for 25 years (Crosby, RSS, and GCM). They are an integral part of the FNL experience.

Hopefully the school makes the right choice and they are there on Thursday.

Well an e-mail was sent out yesterday stating that the BU varsity cheerleaders will perform at Thursdays game in Baytown by their cheer sponsor.  Just hoping for some good news from the band and dance team.

10 hours ago, coach bear said:

There is so much to Friday nights, as a dad to two band students I know the work they put in. I also know a lot of tickets are bought by those more concerned with halftime rather that big fight on either side of ther kids performance. Years ago we were scouting willow ridge for the playoffs and easily more fans were there for the eagle band. They put on a show. The 3 drum majors entered the field in white tuxedos in a white stretch hummer. It would be weird not to have the band, cheerleaders or drill team. Anyway I think it’s a rough game for the rangers, Beaumont United 35 Sterling 14.

Yep there is a lot that goes into a Friday night of high school football in the state of Texas and I sure would hate it if all the kids wouldn't have the opportunity to participate in whatever club/group they belong to.  

2 hours ago, Alpha Wolf said:

Well an e-mail was sent out yesterday stating that the BU varsity cheerleaders will perform at Thursdays game in Baytown by their cheer sponsor.  Just hoping for some good news from the band and dance team.

Also, apparently, based in the cheer group chat, the JV cheerleaders will cheer at the JV game tomorrow...

19 hours ago, coach bear said:

Per BMTSoulja1, the band will be participating in Thursdays game...

15 hours ago, Alpha Wolf said:

Sub-Varsity games for tomorrow have been canceled, JV and Freshmen, due to low turn-out numbers.  All of Varsity has been at practice.  It's a challenge to get 14-16 year olds to school during the week at 10 am when most of their parents are at work.

Correction, the Freshman game will still be played per the United facebook page, just not the JV game.  Freshman will travel to Sterling high school for this one.

34 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I'm assuming there was water damages to the on campus stadium?

They were supposed to play the JV game at The Butch @ 4:30 but JV turnout to practice has been low is what I was told by a coach.  The school field was inundated with water but since has drained.  They just don't want any unnecessary bodies on campus with all the work going on.