Predictions: Beaumont United @ Baytown Sterling

Alpha Wolf

I originally wasn’t going to start this thread until tomorrow morning but with the news of Beaumont United being closed indefinitely coming out, I’ll go ahead and do it.  After getting off the phone with my contact, he informed me that this game will be played as scheduled which is Thursday @ 7pm @ Stallworth stadium in Baytown.  BISD stadium will be available for both Beaumont schools to practice at due to their school fields being inundated with water.  

2018 Result:  United 45 Sterling 0

Timberwolves come in 3-0 while the Rangers are 1-2.

40 minutes ago, Alpha Wolf said:

I originally wasn’t going to start this thread until tomorrow morning but with the news of Beaumont United being closed indefinitely coming out, I’ll go ahead and do it.  After getting off the phone with my contact, he informed me that this game will be played as scheduled which is Thursday @ 7pm @ Stallworth stadium in Baytown.  BISD stadium will be available for both Beaumont schools to practice at due to their school fields being inundated with water.  

Wow, you gotta feel sorry for those kids having had this happen again.  Now my understanding is that United operates on the old Ozen campus, correct?

42 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Okay, then it begs the question.......where are they gonna go?

They are evaluating the damages. Rumor is BU and Fehl-Price Elementary  were the only 2 schools in Beaumont that took in water... based on what I know, they are trying to clean it up and make it ready as soon as possible.  I think it'll be ready.  Remember, during Harvey, Ozen took in water, and was ready to go shortly after.  

Worse case scenario...  and this is me talking...  there are options for using other  buildings in the district temporarily.   Just that you'd split the population of BU up.  Hopefully, it doesn't get that bad...

1 hour ago, Alpha Wolf said:

Wow this is the first I have seen of the closure!!

4 hours ago, Austin1985 said:

United blew them out last year being inefficient on the offensive play-calling.  I don't remember hearing a delay of game penalty when playing PAM.  Therefore, more of the same.  Possible trap game since WB is the following week

I think we’ll start slow because of the lack of their normal school day and practice routine, like 7-0 at the end of the 1st quarter.  Then again they could use it as motivation and come out like they did against St. Pius, 21-0 at the end of the 1st quarter.  They won’t overlook this game, just hope we can get our number 1’s out healthy and give the number 2’s plenty of playing time.

On 9/20/2019 at 11:18 PM, Alpha Wolf said:

As soon as I have more information, I’ll be sure and let you all know.  Personally I hope back on the BU campus...

Thanks, it was just that I remembered the last time a BISD school campus was closed indefinitely......it ended up being closed PERMANENTLY.  I'm glad to hear that the circumstances may not be so dire this time.

On 9/20/2019 at 11:22 PM, WOSgrad said:

Thanks, it was just that I remembered the last time a BISD school campus was closed indefinitely......it ended up being closed PERMANENTLY.  I'm glad to hear that the circumstances may not be so dire this time.

I just THINK it’s water this time.  At Central we were dealing with years of neglect that Harvey brought to the forefront.

21 minutes ago, Alpha Wolf said:

I just THINK it’s water this time.  At Central we were dealing with years of neglect that Harvey brought to the forefront.

We all know where that money was going 🤷🏾‍♂️ 

Current campus should be fine by Tuesday. 

21 minutes ago, Alpha Wolf said:

Why wouldn't we?  Our kids may not be in school this week but all extracurricular activities are going as scheduled at The U.  With I-10 back open, I should be at the stadium to do my usual updates about 6:30...

Just making sure. Did not know how many of your kids were displaced, etc..

Glad things are as normal as possible.

25 minutes ago, Alpha Wolf said:

Why wouldn't we?  Our kids may not be in school this week but all extracurricular activities are going as scheduled at The U.  With I-10 back open, I should be at the stadium to do my usual updates about 6:30...

Well, we know about Football and Volleyball, but know for a fact the band, cheerleaders and dancers aren't practicing today.  Looking like it's a strong possibility that the game will be played without the auxiliary...

3 minutes ago, Bandwagon Ranger said:

Just making sure. Did not know how many of your kids were displaced, etc..

Glad things are as normal as possible.

I'm quite sure there are a few kids that had their homes flooded.  They had practice today at our game stadium due to the school fields being flooded.