BH vs Dayton

BHFAN

Well since everyone else seems to be jumping ahead to next week why not. This game will be at BH to kick off district play. Broncos will come to play and hope to beat the Eagles, but I think BH will be to tall of a task for the Broncos. I’ll predict a 42-21 Eagle victory!

2 hours ago, BHFAN said:

Well since everyone else seems to be jumping ahead to next week why not. This game will be at BH to kick off district play. Broncos will come to play and hope to beat the Eagles, but I think BH will be to tall of a task for the Broncos. I’ll predict a 42-21 Eagle victory!

Dayton  will  be the underdog and rightfully  so after stinking it up for 9 yrs. We do have a decent defense  and some athletes  on offense  also. QB is dual threat and can take over the game by himself (he's  a jr. and the  game is starting  slow down  for him) The key to this game for Dayton will be trying to slow down BHs big QB.I think we are better than KP and can win this game if we don't  have 7 turnovers  like we did against  Porter.

1 hour ago, jayhawk said:

eDayton  will  be the underdog and rightfully  so after stinking it up for 9 yrs. We do have a decent defense  and some athletes  on offense  also. QB is dual threat and can take over the game by himself (he's  a jr. and the  game is starting  slow down  for him) The key to this game for Dayton will be trying to slow down BHs big QB.I think we are better than KP and can win this game if we don't  have 7 turnovers  like we did against  Porter.

That may be a stretch. I haven't seen Porter or Dayton play but according to Dave Campbell KWP is picked to finish ahead of Porter in District 9-5A. Now that is just an opinion from a magazine, but an argument none the less :) KWP's only other loss was to state ranked Angleton which only managed 28 points on KWP to BH's 42 points. Porters defense should be better than BH's though looking at they only allowed 29 total points over 3 games. Its hard to compare at this point, but Porter will be playing KWP the same night, so we will know all after next Friday :)  BH's offense is really starting to look good and I expect will continue to grow barring any injuries through out the year. Our QB has a go to receiver and good back to hand the ball to which is why BH's stats this year have been almost equal from air to ground. The BH D has some good talent, but will need to tighten up. They have done a good job with the bend and don't break approach and haven't let many big plays go by, but still giving up to many points.

The big key to the game is the psyche of the broncos. Teenagers are influenced by peers and recent events. When you’ve coached 33 years , we’ve all had regretful years like Dayton s 0-10 last year, still fresh in their mind and predistrict hasn’t helped. If the coaching staff are hammering the players, there confidence will be shot and it won’t even be close. Believe me being part of Two 1-9 seasons, the players HATE being in school cause fellow students are relentless and heartless. Mental abuse is happening to ALL associated with football, someone call CPS. And if the coaching staff is not playing counselor, life is miserable and there will be no focus on prepping for the game. Like DiMaggio said,” baseball (all sports) is 90% mental and 20% physical.” It the Hill starts strong, the self fulfilling prophecy that diseased a talented bronco team last year will rear it’s ugly head and the hill will destroy them 35-7.   But if the coaching staff counsels well and the kids don’t listen to the students and community AND they double cover hills stud receiver, it will be a loss still, but respectable hill 28-14. Bronco staff has players on couches if they want what is best. The Hill is finding itself offensively and has big, I mean big,  BIG potential. The hill could contend with PNG , Lee, Crosby for the trophy. I think this is my game of choice Friday. Does the Hill sell old school Fritos pie, cut bag, grease, melted cheese and onions? Had one last Friday in Marlin at my 40th high school reunion, good just like it was in the 60’s. Marlin is in a time warp except for football victories, lost to Italy by 2, oh well pre district records are for losers. GoDogs.

4 hours ago, coach bear said:

The big key to the game is the psyche of the broncos. Teenagers are influenced by peers and recent events. When you’ve coached 33 years , we’ve all had regretful years like Dayton s 0-10 last year, still fresh in their mind and predistrict hasn’t helped. If the coaching staff are hammering the players, there confidence will be shot and it won’t even be close. Believe me being part of Two 1-9 seasons, the players HATE being in school cause fellow students are relentless and heartless. Mental abuse is happening to ALL associated with football, someone call CPS. And if the coaching staff is not playing counselor, life is miserable and there will be no focus on prepping for the game. Like DiMaggio said,” baseball (all sports) is 90% mental and 20% physical.” It the Hill starts strong, the self fulfilling prophecy that diseased a talented bronco team last year will rear it’s ugly head and the hill will destroy them 35-7.   But if the coaching staff counsels well and the kids don’t listen to the students and community AND they double cover hills stud receiver, it will be a loss still, but respectable hill 28-14. Bronco staff has players on couches if they want what is best. The Hill is finding itself offensively and has big, I mean big,  BIG potential. The hill could contend with PNG , Lee, Crosby for the trophy. I think this is my game of choice Friday. Does the Hill sell old school Fritos pie, cut bag, grease, melted cheese and onions? Had one last Friday in Marlin at my 40th high school reunion, good just like it was in the 60’s. Marlin is in a time warp except for football victories, lost to Italy by 2, oh well pre district records are for losers. GoDogs.

Coach it’s always good to hear your point of view😀 and yes the concession stand can make that heart attack in a bag you describe, LOL. Also they got some good boudin if that’s your thang. I think the Eagles will come out fast like they did against KWP, so the Broncos will have to weather the storm to compete or they will be down three scores before they realize it. 

If that happens it’ll be game over before the bands perform, better get my Frito pie early. Dayton must start well and stay in the game early or nightmare of last year will begin to replay. Could happen—— we’ll see. Love that grease, cheese, and Fritos, hey don’t judge it’s my cheat day.

I  don't remember  getting  blown  out last year - I remember  coming  back late 2nd half and making  a game out of it. This year the Broncos are beyond hungry and have some good talent on both sides of the ball.If we can play a game without a bunch of turnovers  we will definitely  put up  a better  fight than everyone  is expecting  personally  I  think we will win .We have a new DC and a new OC from last year  that  was from a multi year playoff program  and he was HC..Don't  sleep on us .

I don’t think the Eagles will overlook the Broncos. It may not be in recent memory for the kids on the field, but it wasn’t to long ago Dayton would beat us to death :(  I remember then telling the Bronco faithful that their  time would come and to stay humble :) these BH/Dayton post would go 20 pages! 

23 hours ago, jayhawk said:

I  don't remember  getting  blown  out last year - I remember  coming  back late 2nd half and making  a game out of it. This year the Broncos are beyond hungry and have some good talent on both sides of the ball.If we can play a game without a bunch of turnovers  we will definitely  put up  a better  fight than everyone  is expecting  personally  I  think we will win .We have a new DC and a new OC from last year  that  was from a multi year playoff program  and he was HC..Don't  sleep on us .

I agree but I also think they are going to have to get away from this “new” offense they are trying to run to have a chance to make this a game.

1 hour ago, Red Boyou said:

I agree but I also think they are going to have to get away from this “new” offense they are trying to run to have a chance to make this a game.

1 hour ago, Red Boyou said:

The new offense  can work but needs to be balanced  with the pass more we can't  be afraid to  mix it up.(The Broncos have an excellent air attack  when utilized) I think our staff hasn't shown  all their cards yet we will see friday. This team has a lot of potential  just need to let those purple ponies  out of the corral and let em run.

22 hours ago, jayhawk said:

The new offense  can work but needs to be balanced  with the pass more we can't  be afraid to  mix it up.(The Broncos have an excellent air attack  when utilized) I think our staff hasn't shown  all their cards yet we will see friday. This team has a lot of potential  just need to let those purple ponies  out of the corral and let em run.

If this new offense is supposed to work, they better start scoring some points. Dayton will never be successful again scoring 7-10 points / game. The only time in the past 20 years that Dayton has been successful is in the Spread. So if this Option Offense is what these coaches are booking on... they better start putting up some points and stop turning the ball over. I hope the Broncos can get it going. 

On 9/22/2019 at 8:05 PM, jayhawk said:

Yes misunderstanding there, I didn’t mean nightmare as in the hill blew you out last year, but nightmare as in viewing the entire season. I’m afraid if you get blown out, memories of last year coming again will dominate the minds of the Broncos. In fact just from memory, Dayton played everyone close and were ahead in many games. I know in the Crosby I thought Dayton had it won by halftime. I feel this game could be the tipping point for the Broncos this season. Y’all were very talented last year, not as much this year, but young with potential. This may come down to big plays and coaching. Good luck.