19    Refugio 14-8
     20    Thorndale 14-6
     21    San Isidro 15-8
     22    Granger 15-6
     23    Freer 14-7
     24    Cayuga NR
     25    Big Sandy 13-7

As of September 16th. 

Rankings are fun to look at but dont take this one to serious. Most teams records arent even correct. This is taken from maxpreps and a lot of coaches dont put their losses on there. For instance Cayuge #24 in 2A is listed with no record. Like I said fun to look at but far from accurate😩

18 hours ago, wilson said:

Rankings are fun to look at but dont take this one to serious. Most teams records arent even correct. This is taken from maxpreps and a lot of coaches dont put their losses on there. For instance Cayuge #24 in 2A is listed with no record. Like I said fun to look at but far from accurate😩

I have to agree with you on that! What I have noticed in volleyball with the lack of coverage, it is hard to get truly accurate rankings. 

The coverage is not very good. If it wasn’t for Elam, we wouldn’t know the scores to hardly any games. KOGT does a good job of reporting Orange County, but I believe coaches report the scores unless Van is at the game.

Coaches also don’t do a great job of reporting scores. However, how many football coaches have to report scores on Friday nights? I get volleyball isn’t going to get any coverage on Fridays, but it could be covered much better on Tuesdays. 

As to the rankings, the guy who makes them goes off maxpreps or what is sent to him. I know some of those records are inaccurate. And, missing from 3A is Woodville. They are a very good volleyball team and Central Heights, Diboll, and Woodville may all be top 15 teams in the state...coming from the same district.

1 hour ago, JSnipes said:

The coverage is not very good. If it wasn’t for Elam, we wouldn’t know the scores to hardly any games. KOGT does a good job of reporting Orange County, but I believe coaches report the scores unless Van is at the game.

Coaches also don’t do a great job of reporting scores. However, how many football coaches have to report scores on Friday nights? I get volleyball isn’t going to get any coverage on Fridays, but it could be covered much better on Tuesdays. 

As to the rankings, the guy who makes them goes off maxpreps or what is sent to him. I know some of those records are inaccurate. And, missing from 3A is Woodville. They are a very good volleyball team and Central Heights, Diboll, and Woodville may all be top 15 teams in the state...coming from the same district.

First off, I want to apologize to any who are offended by what I am about to post as I am sure that it will. 

That being said, if you want coverage, you must show interest.

I took a look at yesterday's threads, which allowed any fan, parent or coach to post, at the very least, the score for every district game in our coverage (27 matches) and some non-district games that I had a faint hope that I would receive a score for.............8 non media or non staff posters accepted my invite.  The remainder of scores were posted by me by consulting media sites or twitter accounts.  This on a night that volleyball was the only varsity sport being played.

I know of statewide sites who attempted to provide information about volleyball who decided to stop their coverage because of lack of interest.

Yeah, football will receive the lion's share of coverage in this area.  Because, fans show the most interest in it.  And before the argument "Well so many more attend football games so it is easy to reflect more interest" is lodged, I don't need 1000 fans posting scores on volleyball matches.......not even 20.  Heck, I don't even need 5.  All I need is 1.  1 fan, parent or coach from each school to post a probably 10 character score.  That is all I need....and that is all that Ashly, Mike C., Mike F., Heather, Matt, I.C., Van, Gary, Harold or anybody else need.

On 9/18/2019 at 2:25 PM, JSnipes said:

A lot of these rankings go off max preps and people email the guy over the polls scores. Some of them are fairly accurate... some are not. Bellville is every bit one of the top 5 teams in 4A. They have a girl that’s about 6’3 that’s headed to Texas Tech after this year. They have beaten several good teams, as well as done well in several large tournaments in the Houston/Katy area. Now as for SETXsports coverage area the level of talent just isn’t what it used to be. Just about the only teams that do well past district and the first round of the playoffs consistently are 3A Hardin, 4A Talkington, and 4A Huffman. Yeah Woodville will do well most seasons and win a district title, but as far as making past the area round of the playoffs? Idk of a time in the past 10 years it’s happened if at all. They do have a great coach and seem to have a good team this year, which once healthy I hope the best for them! It’s just hard to say how good the better teams in SETX are when the level of competition as a whole is average at best. And I’m not trying to bash anyone it’s just my opinion and everyone has one. Best of luck to all the SETX teams and I hope they all have great success in the years to come 

I’m pretty familiar with Bellville and 4A. I coached at HF for 10 years. I remember Bellville from the days that Precious was owning the court. I’m much less familiar with 3A besides the 4 years o have been there. I don’t know the last time Woodville won district. Central Heights has dominated that district. The problem Woodville has encountered several years is they run into Hardin in round two. I thought they were upset in round 1 last year but then would have run into East Bernard in the second round. Very tough 2nd round games. CH, WV, and Diboll are very good this year. One of them may have to play EB in the second round right now. There will be worse teams in the Region advancing to round 3. 

Just now, JSnipes said:

I’m pretty familiar with Bellville and 4A. I coached at HF for 10 years. I remember Bellville from the days that Precious was owning the court. I’m much less familiar with 3A besides the 4 years o have been there. I don’t know the last time Woodville won district. Central Heights has dominated that district. The problem Woodville has encountered several years is they run into Hardin in round two. I thought they were upset in round 1 last year but then would have run into East Bernard in the second round. Very tough 2nd round games. CH, WV, and Diboll are very good this year. One of them may have to play EB in the second round right now. There will be worse teams in the Region advancing to round 3. 

East Bernard never fails to put a quality team on the court. 

First time posting. As a volleyball parent I just wanted to say thank you to those that do post updates from our area.  Other parts of town get good coverage/support for their volleyball programs.  I tend to think that is because their football teams aren't as strong.  LOL My knowledge is limited to what area my girls play, but I will start posting game updates at the very least.