LCM vs Vidor - Who Ya Got

Hagar

On 9/17/2019 at 8:08 AM, Physical Atmosphere said:

Mr. Hatch still visits this forum. I had the privilege of speaking with his wife at a Vidor /LCM game once and she said he would stay up at night and read books on military defensive strategies.That man was a dang good DC.

On 9/17/2019 at 1:30 PM, Hagar said:

No argument from me.  He was very impressive.  

We lost some very close low scoring games those years...

The only thing worrying me about our offense thus far is that I haven’t seen as many long explosive run plays that we usually have and when we have broke some they were called back for penalties. The defense has been fine other than containing the one explosive athlete WR that Montgomery had. The special teams got cleaned up, starters all the way across the kick teams now. I understand that LCM has some playmakers this year so we will see if the Pirates are ready for something similar to what Crosby will bring.

3 minutes ago, LC-M said:

Man we suit up 30 kids. I saw a couple injured last game. Also another one got injured during the game against jasper. It is for bragging rights but I’d rather fight for a DC if you know what I mean. 

That could be a problem for y’all, that’s why I’m thinking Vidor makes a late charge to seal the victory. Hopefully you guys will be fighting for a DC this year and hopefully next year we will be fighting for the same DC if you know what I mean.

2 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

That could be a problem for y’all, that’s why I’m thinking Vidor makes a late charge to seal the victory. Hopefully you guys will be fighting for a DC this year and hopefully next year we will be fighting for the same DC if you know what I mean.

I hope y’all go down. How many do y’all suit up? 

Just now, Boneyard Boys said:

I wish I could tell you for sure, probably 40 kids or so suited up with a handful out injured.

I’m sure Vidor is like LCM has a lot of kids walking the halls that are athletic but don’t want stay after school for practice and put in any work. I went to Carthage game last year they had 50 plus on the sideline and look like a 5a

Just now, LC-M said:

I’m sure Vidor is like LCM has a lot of kids walking the halls that are athletic but don’t want stay after school for practice and put in any work. I went to Carthage game last year they had 50 plus on the sideline and look like a 5a

Yea and a lot of our better athletes have chosen to specialize in other sports but you’ll have that. I have heard that some schools make you to play football in order to be in any athletics. Not sure if it’s true but a buddy from Lumberton was telling me that.

10 hours ago, Manofsteel said:

Last years QB didn’t request to be moved to defense.

9 hours ago, Physical Atmosphere said:

Noted !

Well to be fair, last years QB was moved to defense last season in favor of the JV QB being moved up for the last few games. Problem is he was being worked as the starter all off-season and then moved to PNG just before the season started. Coach is going with the backup who took over on JV last season, younger player who he has another year with. Plus he can use the other player in multiple positions, so he’s working with what he has. Could pay off in the long run when we’re competing for a 4a DC next year. Wishful thinking but hey it could happen.

I feel the same way unfortunately, going down a classification would be good for all Vidor sports but not if you lose players from people moving out and not coming back.

3 hours ago, Physical Atmosphere said:

We will definitely be 4A next year after another flood. A lot of

people aren't going to rebuild this time. We already have had six houses in our immediate family flood worse than Harvey and they say that they're not rebuilding again.

14 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

I’m hearing all classes and events are canceled for tomorrow, so I’m guessing no game. The schools are so close maybe they can play it Saturday but with so many people effected in both towns they’ll probably just cancel the game all together.

I am hearing that the game has been cancelled.