12-5A Division 2 Predictions

NHSBulldogFan

With manvel taking out fb Marshall tonight 38-34. 4th place lee vs manvel,  3rd place Ned vs FB Marshall.  1st and 2nd place between png bh game.  Edge to png .  Bh has had it troubles beating png.  Crosby a close 5th.  Just missing out with lee with the upset over them. Vidor, Dayton, Santa Fe finishing up the district

• 3 weeks later...

I see alot of you seem to be high on BH and I can understand that to some extent. They definitely have an advantage over Crosby because their coach has been there and established his program, compared to Crosby, who’s coach just started this summer. However, has anybody considered the teams they have played so far this year. They have only played two teams with a winning record, Magnolia and Lee, (both 4-2), and they lost to Magnolia. BH’s wins have come against teams with a combined record of 11-19.  All this makes me wonder if they are as good as some think. 

5 minutes ago, oldman said:

So are you saying Crosby is more prepared because of strength of schedule 

No sir.  I was just wondering why people are so high on them. I was only making the comparison to Crosby in regards to them having an advantage with their coaching staff. I didn’t even look into what Crosby’s opponents records were. I’m just saying the teams they have beat are not very good.  The only decent team they have played, they lost. Why does everyone think they are good ?  Hell, Dallas looked good until they played somebody decent. Now look at them. 

In looking at BH they did lose to a good Magnolia team.  Then beat Montgomery , Kingwood Park, Dayton, Nederland and Baytown Lee.   Baytown Lee has some really good skill kids.  Maybe some of the best in the district.  

From what I have been reading the BH defense seems to be getting better each week.  Maybe there is some validity to your reasoning.  

I guess we will see.

2 minutes ago, oldman said:

In looking at BH they did lose to a good Magnolia team.  Then beat Montgomery , Kingwood Park, Dayton, Nederland and Baytown Lee.   Baytown Lee has some really good skill kids.  Maybe some of the best in the district.  

From what I have been reading the BH defense seems to be getting better each week.  Maybe there is some validity to your reasoning.  

I guess we will see.

I’m not saying they aren’t the best in the district. Just wondering if anybody has considered their schedule so far. When Lee was undefeated to start the season, no one was picking them to win district. 

On 10/12/2019 at 2:14 PM, BHFAN said:

Looking at some of our original thoughts of district some are close while others not so much

And here we are entering week 4 of District play and it’s still real iffy.  By virtue of “we gotta eliminate someone”, let’s cut Dayton & Santa Fe.  Still leaves 6 teams that have a real chance.  Who do you cut now?  Lee?  Two losses, but to the two teams that most picked 1 & 2 in Dist.  Vidor?  Two wins, one over Crosby, who is still in the hunt.  Ned?  Two losses, but still, Ned.  The point is, it’s still tough to narrow it down to 4.  Going to be fun watching how this plays out.  

8 hours ago, CCRed said:

I see alot of you seem to be high on BH and I can understand that to some extent. They definitely have an advantage over Crosby because their coach has been there and established his program, compared to Crosby, who’s coach just started this summer. However, has anybody considered the teams they have played so far this year. They have only played two teams with a winning record, Magnolia and Lee, (both 4-2), and they lost to Magnolia. BH’s wins have come against teams with a combined record of 11-19.  All this makes me wonder if they are as good as some think. 

CC you ain’t wrong. BH hasn’t played anyone, but those we have played we controlled very well. Magnolia was the 1st game of the year with a new QB that hasn’t played at BH since his freshman year. We will find out some more this week playing Vidor at their house. Vidor already has a win over Crosby and should have had one over PNG. IMO this is the most balanced team that BH has fielded in quite some time, so they will be a tough out for anyone in district.