12-5A Division 2 Predictions

NHSBulldogFan

39 minutes ago, aki1994 said:

Crsby. There is no O there this year

I guess you would have to say PNG doesn't have any "O" either this year? Crosby has played two games against two 5A opponents and scored 35 total points. PNG has played two games against two 5A opponents and scored exactly a field goal more. You can't possibly be talking about putting up points against Silsbee who gave up 52 to Newton the very next week and over 42ppg on average for the season so far?

1 minute ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I guess you would have to say PNG doesn't have any "O" either this year? Crosby has played two games against two 5A opponents and scored 35 total points. PNG has played two games against two 5A opponents and scored exactly a field goal more. You can't possibly be talking about putting up points against Silsbee who gave up 52 to Newton the very next week and over 42ppg on average for the season so far?

Well there is no D in Crosby either. But there is a C for all the crying the last two years. 

4 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

PNG's O has a lot of work to do.  I think they will make the right changes. What we're missing is it seems like we are missing a dominant receiver presence. The last few years we've had players like Keynel McZeal, Preston Riggs -- guys who demand attention and can always get open. Someone still needs to step up. How is Crosby's O-line? 

19 hours ago, aki1994 said:

Well there is no D in Crosby either. But there is a C for all the crying the last two years. 

Enjoy that big boy. RJ is at Texas though. Now you’re back to being the same PNG you’ve been since the turn of the millennium. Y’all looked comical trying to run that draw play you used to with RJ, especially without Garth. 

31 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Enjoy that big boy. RJ is at Texas though. Now you’re back to being the same PNG you’ve been since the turn of the millennium. Y’all looked comical trying to run that draw play you used to with RJ, especially without Garth. 

Really showing how dumb you are considering the mecca has beaten PN-G 3 times in the last 20 years. 

12-3 in this millennium.  Now go back to wishing for a return to the 3 or 4 year glory days you had. 

People saying this district is weak this year. Let's be honest, it's been under whelming for a while. When it was two districts, we beat up on each other first round and most pumped their chest until the second round exit. There have been a few exceptions of 3rd and 4th round teams, but for the most part for 5a, we're pretty weak in this area. Roschon sparked PNG to have a couple of deeper runs, but other then that take last year for example. PAT, KWP, and Porter lost 1st round, New Caney lost second round. Our district went like this, Ned lost second round giving up 63 points, Barbers Hill lost 1st round giving up 62 points, PNG lost 3rd round giving up 53 points, and Santa Fe lost 1st round giving 53 points. Let's just say we've all been down for a while consistently. We can stop saying the district is weak THIS year. My .02

On 9/17/2019 at 11:56 AM, aki1994 said:

Really showing how dumb you are considering the mecca has beaten PN-G 3 times in the last 20 years. 

12-3 in this millennium.  Now go back to wishing for a return to the 3 or 4 year glory days you had. 

Without even going all the way back I can for sure tell you Crosby and PNG haven't played 15 times since 2000. 3 or 4 years of glory, we made the playoffs for 14 years straight before our situation last year. PNG's longest playoff streak since 2000 is the current 5 year steak RJ is 60% responsible for. PNG made it past the area round once before RJ. Barring the last three years of RJ, Crosby also has more playoff wins since 2000. I can show you some more data on how y'all have really only had about 3 good years without him in that time but I don't want to seem too dumb. He was a great player who made up for a lot of warts, now you're back to trying to find another Adam Morse or Ky Walker. Nothing wrong with that, it's just a fact that in the changing Texas high school landscape your are what you are with out a unicorn wearing #2 leading the way.

42 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Without even going all the way back I can for sure tell you Crosby and PNG haven't played 15 times since 2000. 3 or 4 years of glory, we made the playoffs for 14 years straight before our situation last year. PNG's longest playoff streak since 2000 is the current 5 year steak RJ is 60% responsible for. PNG made it past the area round once before RJ. Barring the last three years of RJ, Crosby also has more playoff wins since 2000. I can show you some more data on how y'all have really only had about 3 good years without him in that time but I don't want to seem too dumb. He was a great player who made up for a lot of warts, now you're back to trying to find another Adam Morse or Ky Walker. Nothing wrong with that, it's just a fact that in the changing Texas high school landscape your are what you are with out a unicorn wearing #2 leading the way.

2000 PN-G 7 Crosby 0    1-0

2001 PN-G 42 Crosby 7    2-0

2003 PN-G 20 Crosby 14    3-0

2006 PN-G 21 Crosby 14    4-0

2007 PN-G 0 Crosby 7    4-1

2008 PN-G 28 Crosby 27    5-1

2009 PN-G 37 Crosby 7    6-1

2010 PN-G 38 Crosby 7    7-1

2011 PN-G 29 Crosby 30    7-2

2013 PN-G 28 Crosby 49    7-3

2017 PN-G 72 Crosby 69    8-3

2018 PN-G 48 Crosby 45    9-3

12 games. 9-3 record. Again, go back to trying to recruit players and bring back that magical run of 1st round playoff losses with a few good seasons mixed in. 

On 9/17/2019 at 12:30 PM, alwaysright said:

People saying this district is weak this year. Let's be honest, it's been under whelming for a while. When it was two districts, we beat up on each other first round and most pumped their chest until the second round exit. There have been a few exceptions of 3rd and 4th round teams, but for the most part for 5a, we're pretty weak in this area. Roschon sparked PNG to have a couple of deeper runs, but other then that take last year for example. PAT, KWP, and Porter lost 1st round, New Caney lost second round. Our district went like this, Ned lost second round giving up 63 points, Barbers Hill lost 1st round giving up 62 points, PNG lost 3rd round giving up 53 points, and Santa Fe lost 1st round giving 53 points. Let's just say we've all been down for a while consistently. We can stop saying the district is weak THIS year. My .02

We’re not even in the same hemisphere as the real contenders around the state. Other than Katy and East Bernard, none of the schools that have won titles recently from down here do it with coaching and program. From NS to George Ranch all the way back to La Marque we’ve always won because of the level of athlete we could put on the field comparative to the classification. 

I was in Frisco watching my son play the other day and pulled into Independence High School on accident, I was looking for Heritage which was a half mile up on the same street. I sat in the stands for a while waiting for the game to start while the varsity practiced. After 30 mins I said, “They would beat any team on Crosby’s schedule by 20+”. They were 6-5, finished 4th in their own district and lost to Highland Park in the first round. Shadow Creek ran through the region in their first varsity season and played for a title, Lancaster was 7-4 last year and just as good as Shadow Creek. We compete to beat each other for bragging rights to get blown out in the playoffs, most of the 5A and 6A schools in Dallas play with a former state champion in the district. DFW and Austin are pulling away further and further on an annual basis. Houston suburbs are barely outplaying San Antonio at this point. 

13 minutes ago, aki1994 said:

2000 PN-G 7 Crosby 0    1-0

2001 PN-G 42 Crosby 7    2-0

2003 PN-G 20 Crosby 14    3-0

2006 PN-G 21 Crosby 14    4-0

2007 PN-G 0 Crosby 7    4-1

2008 PN-G 28 Crosby 27    5-1

2009 PN-G 37 Crosby 7    6-1

2010 PN-G 38 Crosby 7    7-1

2011 PN-G 29 Crosby 30    7-2

2013 PN-G 28 Crosby 49    7-3

2017 PN-G 72 Crosby 69    8-3

2018 PN-G 48 Crosby 45    9-3

12 games. 9-3 record. Again, go back to trying to recruit players and bring back that magical run of 1st round playoff losses with a few good seasons mixed in. 

Smh, I knew you were lying without even checking. If I’m not mistaken, which I’m not, the last team from this area to win the region was Crosby. Before that it was Dayton, when was PNG’s? We don’t recruit,  the 3 qbs we’ve had go D1 in the last 5 are all from Crosby. Would be 4 out of 5 if Howard doesn’t tear up his knee. Same for  for the backs and receivers. Don’t get butt hurt now and say we’re recruiting because because you got caught in a lie, and went back to see what y’all have really been without RJ. 

All that honor, pride, tradition has been all Roschon Johnson. Just accept that, that and the fact that you probably won’t get another RJ for 20 more years. 

3 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

So let me get this straight, in comparing two teams the head to head record really doesn't matter, correct?

I would have to say that if one team beats the other 9 out of 12 times they are the better program.

Reason is out. His statement three years ago was that mid-County would not be able to compete with Crosby again. Due to the growth in Crosby we were out. Yet we went on to beat them two times since the and how many Nederland has beat them. What he has was a dream. Crosby will beat PNG again I a realist not a dreamer. As far as the past goes PNG has dominated Crosby. Our program has exponentially been better than Crosby historically speaking of course. We only beat them because of Roschon yet our loses came to extraordinary players themselves in the Walter Boys. So you win the with great athletes and when we do it’s only a one time knockoff. Truth is in the records. You can explain all you want but somewhere there is a truth and it lies in the facts. Facts are based in stats. Which are against feeling. 

4 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

So let me get this straight, in comparing two teams the head to head record really doesn't matter, correct?

I would have to say that if one team beats the other 9 out of 12 times they are the better program.

Absolutely it matters. I’ve learned long ago Crosby needs 4 state championships to be considered a better program. But to your point, yeah. Those wins 20 years ago have 0 bearing on what I think the programs are today. Crosby could go 3-7 and lose to PNG this year and I would still feel the same way. Those wins overlap from the end of PNG being really good and Crosby being bad from the 90’s into the early 2000’s. Probably 6 wins for PNG in those years. They earned them, we sucked and they didn’t.

My whole point is that PNG never has kids like RJ, especially that play qb. It took them having that type of player working his magic in the last minutes to beat us the last two years. Switch those and recent history looks different.They literally went for playing for a state title to falling off a cliff and haven’t had a run like the past three years since. I’m saying RJ is the sole reason for that, otherwise PNG doesn’t really fit the profile for a team that can even win the region, much less a title. 

I think that Crosby with a quickly growing population and enrollment vs PNG with a pretty stagnant one has a better chance on average of producing a better football team. Crosby and PNG used to have similar enrollments, now they’re pulling away enrollment wise and should theoretically start to have better and better players than PNG. Therefore, even with what I think is a Flannigan-esque coach Crosby should be better year to year in today’s landscape. That’s how it works in the suburbs where they have a legitimate shot at winning. Crosby’s probably going to be 6A in six years, PNG might be knocking on the door of 4A-D1 in which they may be a juggernaut. What I’m saying should be a given. 

21 minutes ago, prepballfan said:

Reason is out. His statement three years ago was that mid-County would not be able to compete with Crosby again. Due to the growth in Crosby we were out. Yet we went on to beat them two times since the and how many Nederland has beat them. What he has was a dream. Crosby will beat PNG again I a realist not a dreamer. As far as the past goes PNG has dominated Crosby. Our program has exponentially been better than Crosby historically speaking of course. We only beat them because of Roschon yet our loses came to extraordinary players themselves in the Walter Boys. So you win the with great athletes and when we do it’s only a one time knockoff. Truth is in the records. You can explain all you want but somewhere there is a truth and it lies in the facts. Facts are based in stats. Which are against feeling. 

We beat PNG with TCU signee Dominic Merka also, another dynamic player. Also lost with him. We won more games and went further without those dynamic players because the next years we had even better players overall. Point is that we always have those kids, y’all don’t. You don’t win those games without RJ, he literally accounted for every single td one game. Y’all won, you deserve all the credit. I’ve seen Crosby lose to enough great players to realize that’s why we lost, not because of how good the program is or how much tradition you have.

I felt the same way when Crosby lost to Nederland in 2012 with Deshawn Washington, they were only that good because of him and haven’t been as good since. They lost every matchup they played against Crosby without him until last year when we had mailed it in. That wasn’t a popular statement then and the RJ one isn’t now. It’s a fact though, all the number show it for both teams. 

I think they going to be closer to 1,900 but it wouldn’t surprise me at all if Crosby’s enrollment is close to 2,000. We better to be able to beat a team who without a player like RJ on average has middle of the class talent. If Crosby can’t beat a team like PNG regularly, how can we expect to do anything more than win a district championship. PNG may be top 10 in DCTF but if you really allowed all the DFW/East Texas schools to be ranked it would be closer to #25. That’s what I know and that’s what I judge Crosby of where they need to be vs where they painfully are at times. 

Remember how trash New Caney was 10 years ago. Same name but you think that’s the same school? 

Domonic Merka beat us 7-0. I was at the game. It was a great game. I love good games. The other times u beat us was with the Walter boys. Coincidentally thats the only times Crosby has beaten PNG. Now My point is the only time you have beaten us was with two all world players and a great polayer. So it not just Roschon. You guys may beat us this year. Or you might not.. The exact argument you use is the same one that could be used against you. I am not a crazy nut fan. I am a realist when it comes to football and the real news is Faircloth led teams have won part of 6 district championships in 11 years. missed the playoffs once and been to the third round 4 times. losing to three eventual state champions. He has won 69% of his games and will soon be the winningest coach in our History. That includes two of the best games I have seen in my many years of watching high school football against Crosby the last two years. It would be foolish to consider the indians anything less than what they are a contender for the district championship and a playoff team. This team has some work to do but they have some potential. We have a great young QB and three good running backs. We also have some defensive speed which is rare for us. We have a very fast kick returner who has given us great field position most of the season so far. We will compete. 

On 9/18/2019 at 3:27 PM, Cougar14.2 said:

Smh, I knew you were lying without even checking. If I’m not mistaken, which I’m not, the last team from this area to win the region was Crosby. Before that it was Dayton, when was PNG’s? We don’t recruit,  the 3 qbs we’ve had go D1 in the last 5 are all from Crosby. Would be 4 out of 5 if Howard doesn’t tear up his knee. Same for  for the backs and receivers. Don’t get butt hurt now and say we’re recruiting because because you got caught in a lie, and went back to see what y’all have really been without RJ. 

All that honor, pride, tradition has been all Roschon Johnson. Just accept that, that and the fact that you probably won’t get another RJ for 20 more years. 

Nevermind. lol

On 9/18/2019 at 3:27 PM, Cougar14.2 said:

You are an idiot putting it mildly. I searched Crosby and 15 results came up. I miscount. Still 9 and 3 big boy so take your trash talk elsewhere because you got nothing but bs to spew. PN-G and all there non RJ players have won more games over the mecca then yall over us.