West Orange Stark vs Crosby - GAME CANCELLED

tennisbc

Before anyone just think they're going to handle Crosby. Will be dead wrong. Crosby has alot to talent.the QB is a converted RB that can run the ball.incase no one paid attention who they lost too.and by the way they're huge up front. And loves to throw the deep ball.this will be a very hard game!! And not only that if they get any sustained drives going they're going nascar!! Up tempo to try to wear them out.w.o has to start with the little things.just getting first down.ppl don't get it.want w.o offense to high octane.its not gonna happen.to many new kids at the skilled position that has to get wit the QB.and ppl don't realize is w.o is probably the only team that doesn't participate in 7 on 7.so it's abt getting the offense better each week.

On 9/14/2019 at 11:14 AM, fbfan17 said:

My thoughts on wos offence, if the strength of your team is your offensive line and you got a damn good running back why not put a tight end and FB in and line up in the power I and get physical and play some power football control the game clock and give your defence more rest, and it would set up the play action pass down field, don't get me wrong in a fan of the spread offense but when you don't have the qb or wr to run it, it's kinda pointless, the only time they will look good running the spread is against cupcake teams.. But if they don't change anything it's just gonna be another one of them years where your in the playoffs counting on your defence to win the game for you but you lose cause your offence can only put up 10 points.

I truly understand what u mean. But let's look at it from an O/c stand point.bcz we all can be critical of play calling.and we have to remember how young these kids are .like for example wasnt play calling that caused the L.2 example for u.w.o had a first and goal from the 4 in the second qtr.and came away with 0.and what abt 3 and 18 for newton.and they ran the hook and latter.even one more.3rd and 18 and got called for horse collar with 3:49 left. And also remember the qb hasn't ever played with any of the wrs.and when u face team that plays pretty much a 7man front.thats blitz u might as well work on ur passing game.its non district that doesn't count. And let's not forget a few years ago.we faced a pleasant Groves team that loaded the box and we couldn't pass the ball.so it works both ways.

On 9/14/2019 at 2:39 PM, ladybug33 said:

Just that this is a new thread and it's all about Crosby, I am done talking about Newton, and wish them the best. Unless I am on the wrong thread. No I don"t think so.

No, you're not wrong but you've got to realize you're dealing with a mental giant here. To get into a war of words with him might be a losing battle. Although rare on this board, I do recognize genius when I see it.

On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 9:28 PM, dj said:

Before anyone just think they're going to handle Crosby. Will be dead wrong. Crosby has alot to talent.the QB is a converted RB that can run the ball.incase no one paid attention who they lost too.and by the way they're huge up front. And loves to throw the deep ball.this will be a very hard game!! And not only that if they get any sustained drives going they're going nascar!! Up tempo to try to wear them out.w.o has to start with the little things.just getting first down.ppl don't get it.want w.o offense to high octane.its not gonna happen.to many new kids at the skilled position that has to get wit the QB.and ppl don't realize is w.o is probably the only team that doesn't participate in 7 on 7.so it's abt getting the offense better each week.

Looks like you're the only one has seen Crosby this year? This definitely isn't one of the Crosby teams of old but they way the new coach runs the offense is going to be harder for WOS to defend. I don't think these are the WOS teams of years past either though.

Crosby was a dropped snap at the Manvel 3 from making it 34-39 and that's with their top receiver out. Kid had 4 catches for 145 on a very good NC secondary and will be back for WOS. Thing I liked from Crosby against Manvel is that they ran the ball for over 300 yards against a solid front and averaged right around 8ypc. Passing game needs work as far as completion percentages go but I'm not sure this coach is worried about that. With speed we have on the outside at receiver and the sheer amount of deep balls thrown, I think rather caught or not they serve their purpose which is to keep defenders out of the box. You can make the assumption though that IF they catch it they're gone. Crosby should haul in multiple deep balls against WOS but I think it's going to be the O-line firing off 40-50 times on running plays that will cause the most issues for the Mustangs, especially late.  

Defensively, if WOS doesn't use a trick play like they did last year to score right before the half I really don't see them breaking 21 on Crosby without Crosby getting a bunch of penalties which is highly likely. Manvel probably doesn't even break 30 if Crosby doesn't commit defensive penalties, mainly in the secondary, to extend a couple of their drives. Defense is a lot more aggressive than years past and probably the most talented since 2015, they'll make some splash plays but are somewhat inexperienced. If you don't have someone like Zion Childress running the ball from the qb spot then you're going to need a very good O-line and an accurate passer to really put points up against Crosby, they have plus athletes at all three levels on defense this year.

This will be Crosby's only real road trip left on the schedule besides the one to PNG. Based on what I've seen from the district so far, I wouldn't be surprised if Crosby wins this one that they go ahead and peel off 9 in a row.  

WOS has a good offensive and defensive line. they could  go ground and pound, eat six or seven minutes off the clock and score. Get a stop and repeat the previous scenario and be up by 14  and be midway through the second quarter. sometimes the best defense is keeping the other offense off the field. You can do that with a good blocking offensive line. You just can't have penalties or turn overs. WOS is better than last year, no doubt in my mind. The lines on both sides of the ball are bigger and better than last year. I know nothing about Crosby. My second team takes it. WOS with the win.

2 hours ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

Will there be anyway to listen to the game 

Why listen to the game? According to a Crosby poster they will not lose another game. Against WO-S they will throw deep and if caught it's six. WO-S will not be able to handle that Crosby o-line firing off 40-50 times on running plays. Without trick plays and a bunch of Crosby penalties scoring will be rare for WOS.  If not for a dropped snap the Manvel game would have been different. They should run the table in district. How did the pollsters and experts overlook these folks. I gotta go to this game now so I can tell my grandkids one day---I was there, I saw 'em.

I do think this is a better Crosby team than their last 5 or 6 games last year, but I’ll still be surprised if they win this game by more than a TD, if they win at all.  Hate to even think what the Stangs players will have to do this week.   Coach T will have them eating raw meat by Friday.

11 hours ago, Majestyk said:

Why listen to the game? According to a Crosby poster they will not lose another game. Against WO-S they will throw deep and if caught it's six. WO-S will not be able to handle that Crosby o-line firing off 40-50 times on running plays. Without trick plays and a bunch of Crosby penalties scoring will be rare for WOS.  If not for a dropped snap the Manvel game would have been different. They should run the table in district. How did the pollsters and experts overlook these folks. I gotta go to this game now so I can tell my grandkids one day---I was there, I saw 'em.

Almost a decade on this site and you still run into the s.o.s. Even after Crosby has a trash year you literally can’t make a positive prediction using any pertinent data without finding one of these. 

Literally in one post the thread went from “a Crosby poster” breaking down their last game nobody here saw and making the statement, “I wouldn’t be surprised to see Crosby win 9 in a row based on some other things I’ve seen in the district so far”, to “a Crosby poster” saying “ they should run the table”. “Scoring will be rare without trick plays”. “WOS will not be able to handle Crosby’s o-line”, etc. 

That’s not even trash talking, it’s just pure bs in a place that was created to, I’d imagine, raise the knowledge level of what’s going on with high school sports in the coverage area. 

2 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Almost a decade on this site and you still run into the s.o.s. Even after Crosby has a trash year you literally can’t make a positive prediction using any pertinent data without finding one of these. 

Literally in one post the thread went from “a Crosby poster” breaking down their last game nobody here saw and making the statement, “I wouldn’t be surprised to see Crosby win 9 in a row based on some other things I’ve seen in the district so far”, to “a Crosby poster” saying “ they should run the table”. “Scoring will be rare without trick plays”. “WOS will not be able to handle Crosby’s o-line”, etc. 

That’s not even trash talking, it’s just pure bs in a place that was created to, I’d imagine, raise the knowledge level of what’s going on with high school sports in the coverage area. 

I got your BS. Just read your post. Read the ifs. If Crosby doesn't get a bunch of penalties Manvel wouldn't have...if not for a dropped snap Crosby would have...if WO-S doesn't use a trick play they don't...right....if your aunt Gertrude had a mustache she'd be your uncle Fred.  What about the other teams, you think they might have some ifs?  Instead of giving credit you give an excuse. Next game try leaving the rose colored binoculars st the house. I don't know who wins this week. I'm sure Crosby will be favored. Just leave your capes on the bench.

Great game on the horizon, was hoping to make it as I think this game could be as entertaining as the one in Manvel. I’m on a goal of seeing as many great area games as possible until I get back into coaching,  but with great tickets to Aggie vs war eagle high school is gonna take a back seat. First, I agree with 14.2 , and believe Crosby could have beaten Manvel with a couple of breaks. I’ve coached and am friends with Manvel coaches and AD. And before the game they were quite convinced that this years Manvel team was their best in several years, good enough to beat Marshal for district. After that I believed Crosby was gonna get their fundio handed to them. I’m not a cougar homer though I coached there for 10 years, but I didn’t want them embarrassed. From what I saw, the new coach is doing very well. They are not the old cocky Crosby team, which I love. Nor are they the team that has to run EVERY pass play on the head coaches card. No reason to get teams pissed at you beforehand.They are more old school. And if the new quarterback plays, move in from GCM and is solid, their offense could really improve. Early in the year I picked Crosby 0-3 to start the season but still making the playoffs. Now seeing district results and the possibility of a good quarterback to go along with the running back, I say Crosby by 7. I have the utmost respect for WOS football and think they could go 3-4 rounds. It will be tough at WOS but they’ll letdown a little, human nature because of Newton game. WOS has tradition and determined coaches and kids ( I coached with Andre Bevil who demonstrated their drive) but Crosby in an upset.

2 hours ago, coach bear said:

Great game on the horizon, was hoping to make it as I think this game could be as entertaining as the one in Manvel. I’m on a goal of seeing as many great area games as possible until I get back into coaching,  but with great tickets to Aggie vs war eagle high school is gonna take a back seat. First, I agree with 14.2 , and believe Crosby could have beaten Manvel with a couple of breaks. I’ve coached and am friends with Manvel coaches and AD. And before the game they were quite convinced that this years Manvel team was their best in several years, good enough to beat Marshal for district. After that I believed Crosby was gonna get their fundio handed to them. I’m not a cougar homer though I coached there for 10 years, but I didn’t want them embarrassed. From what I saw, the new coach is doing very well. They are not the old cocky Crosby team, which I love. Nor are they the team that has to run EVERY pass play on the head coaches card. No reason to get teams pissed at you beforehand.They are more old school. And if the new quarterback plays, move in from GCM and is solid, their offense could really improve. Early in the year I picked Crosby 0-3 to start the season but still making the playoffs. Now seeing district results and the possibility of a good quarterback to go along with the running back, I say Crosby by 7. I have the utmost respect for WOS football and think they could go 3-4 rounds. It will be tough at WOS but they’ll letdown a little, human nature because of Newton game. WOS has tradition and determined coaches and kids ( I coached with Andre Bevil who demonstrated their drive) but Crosby in an upset.

How bad will the weather be