West Orange Stark vs Crosby - GAME CANCELLED

tennisbc

My thoughts on wos offence, if the strength of your team is your offensive line and you got a damn good running back why not put a tight end and FB in and line up in the power I and get physical and play some power football control the game clock and give your defence more rest, and it would set up the play action pass down field, don't get me wrong in a fan of the spread offense but when you don't have the qb or wr to run it, it's kinda pointless, the only time they will look good running the spread is against cupcake teams.. But if they don't change anything it's just gonna be another one of them years where your in the playoffs counting on your defence to win the game for you but you lose cause your offence can only put up 10 points.

13 minutes ago, fbfan17 said:

My thoughts on wos offence, if the strength of your team is your offensive line and you got a damn good running back why not put a tight end and FB in and line up in the power I and get physical and play some power football control the game clock and give your defence more rest, and it would set up the play action pass down field, don't get me wrong in a fan of the spread offense but when you don't have the qb or wr to run it, it's kinda pointless, the only time they will look good running the spread is against cupcake teams.. But if they don't change anything it's just gonna be another one of them years where your in the playoffs counting on your defence to win the game for you but you lose cause your offence can only put up 10 points.

You make some good points, I do not have the answer to you question, maybe other WOS fans can give you more reasoning than  I can. I always like the idea of having a tight end, even one that can block.

1 hour ago, fbfan17 said:

Wos did get in the power I against LCM. It’s in their playbook 

if they don't clean up the turnovers they will be 2-2 next week. They are going to have a hard enough time scoring on Crosby with a spread offense that can't throw...go figure. You make a good point! Why not pound people into submission with an experienced offensive line?? To be honest in todays day and age it makes no sense to have a QB that can't run that offense. there are too many tools available to help with throwing...camps, QB coaches, etc. Every school that runs this offense in Texas sends their QB's to these things...does WO-S??

9 minutes ago, 3rdone said:

if they don't clean up the turnovers they will be 2-2 next week. They are going to have a hard enough time scoring on Crosby with a spread offense that can't throw...go figure. You make a good point! Why not pound people into submission with an experienced offensive line?? To be honest in todays day and age it makes no sense to have a QB that can't run that offense. there are too many tools available to help with throwing...camps, QB coaches, etc. Every school that runs this offense in Texas sends their QB's to these things...does WO-S??

In all fairness the QB is a 10th grader who played very little last year. The fellow has an arm on him and looks more like a pocket passer than a run QB. He will only get better from here on out.

13 minutes ago, ladybug33 said:

In all fairness the QB is a 10th grader who played very little last year. The fellow has an arm on him and looks more like a pocket passer than a run QB. He will only get better from here on out.

When I say switch to the power I I don't mean completely avoid the pass, I just think they could move the ball on the ground and pick up first downs and I think teams would bite on play action and leave wr open more, but you gotta play it smart don't pass on ovious passing downs when the defence is expecting the pass, pass when there expecting the run. With as good as wos defense is every year they don't need to try and air it out and score fast all the time, or throw 3 incomplete passes go 3 and out and get your defence back on the field with little rest

3 hours ago, GUNHO said:

Don't know anything about Crosby this year,Someone give me some insight please.

I don't know anything about Crosby either, but I do know something about WOS. Crosby better come with their big boy britches on, cause the're gonna get challenged.  I kinda assume that WOS is a young team, and young teams sometimes make mistakes, fumble a lot and the like. The mustangs are a very talented group. The mistakes will get fewer. I recall that the 2017 Newton team made mistakes out tha wazoo. They were just good enough to overcome. WOS will too, in my view. I will be listening, since Newton has a bye next week.

Good  luck Mustangs 

2 minutes ago, Rez Ipsa said:

It was "they cheated the way they outplayed us." I think it was a joke, as in "It was unfair for them to be better than us," the way I understand it. Not, "they cheated."

2 minutes ago, Rez Ipsa said:

It was "they cheated the way they outplayed us." I think it was a joke, as in "It was unfair for them to be better than us," the way I understand it. Not, "they cheated."

What ever you say. Don't take this thread out of content .