Beaumont United 35 Port Arthur Memorial 6/FINAL

WOSgrad

Key thing here is Miss opportunities.  .  United cannot keep leaving TD's on the field.  We did it last week Vs. Nederland and We did it last night.  I counted 24 Points left on the field.  The dropped TD pass on the near sideline, the Fumble in the red Zone, the Missed FG and Stupid penalties Need to be cleaned up.  And in no way should we get ANY delay of game penalties with the offense that we run.  In the first quarter, the run to the edges worked and I have no idea why we went away from it.  Later, PA made adjustments and we started running up the middle, which is a good sign, I guess.  QB play was decent, but  #5 will need to not take the unnecessary hard hit and just run out of bounds and/or throw the ball away if he is flushed out of the pocket.  Other than that, our O-Line blocked well and our RB's ate all night long. 

I have no issues with the defense. They hit hard and were fast to the ball.  D-Line was dominant as they have been all year and I see our LB's are getting better after each game. 

Honestly, Memorial has the athletes, but I think they were just outmatched with the overall size of BU, just looking at the battle in the trenches.  Still, some good pieces.  Ned is a beast and they QB has some wheels.  That was apparent on that 50 yard scamper to paydirt as he outran the BU defense.  That right there can be utilized in district and can cause New Caney fits. 

Memorial Needs to find some kids that want to hit someone on defense.  Arm tackles against big ball carriers won't cut the mustard, so I think they will need to address that.  Someone will need to also emerge as a leader on that defense and talk to someone and light a fire under someone's arse.  I didn't see that at all. 

I think PA will be fine and Morgan will have the team getting a lot better. They'll be , again, in a position to win district based on the talent I seen out there.

Game ball goes to Sophomore Rivers for playing great defense and getting a TD, this time from the punt return.  Including scrimmages up to this point, I just get higher on this kid and he fails to disappoint.  I love young guns that ball out in big games.

To conclude, PA will need to work on blocking and tackling in their bye week.  United will need to work on Silly penalties and mistakes on offense. If both teams do this, they'll peak in district and be in a position to do great things.

...and in reference to NS's Evans.  If the kid don't play, they are still a threat and still have Gentry at RB who is also a RB with multiple D-1 offers.  IMO, when Banks gets back will be key.  NS has been playing subpar ball (to their standards) and they need a game breaker like that on field.  If WB finds a way to get their defense to rally, it will be a battle when these two play. Mark my words. 

13 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

...and in reference to NS's Evans.  If the kid don't play, they are still a threat and still have Gentry at RB who is also a RB with multiple D-1 offers.  IMO, when Banks gets back will be key.  NS has been playing subpar ball (to their standards) and they need a game breaker like that on field.  If WB finds a way to get their defense to rally, it will be a battle when these two play. Mark my words. 

NS not winning district. 

1 minute ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Ultra bold statement. I can't roll with you on that one.  I know your logic because we've talked about this yesterday, but It's not really like you to make these kind of outlandish statements...

Only a Come To Jesus Meeting will get them a district title along with Evans back in the fold. 

Without either that Bmt Bowl is the district title game. 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Only a Come To Jesus Meeting will get them a district title along with Evans back in the fold. 

Without either that Bmt Bowl is the district title game. 

Two consecutive outrageous statements!  I honestly don't know what to say.  I hope you're not drinking early.  lol But I do hope it does happen like that.

7 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Two consecutive outrageous statements!  I honestly don't know what to say.  I hope you're not drinking early.  lol But I do hope it does happen like that.

Dude you agreed just hours ago, im just posting it. Don't worry though, A&M and also whoever the Denver Donkeys play this weekend will make me happy. 

2 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Key thing here is Miss opportunities.  .  United cannot keep leaving TD's on the field.  We did it last week Vs. Nederland and We did it last night.  I counted 24 Points left on the field.  The dropped TD pass on the near sideline, the Fumble in the red Zone, the Missed FG and Stupid penalties Need to be cleaned up.  And in no way should we get ANY delay of game penalties with the offense that we run.  In the first quarter, the run to the edges worked and I have no idea why we went away from it.  Later, PA made adjustments and we started running up the middle, which is a good sign, I guess.  QB play was decent, but  #5 will need to not take the unnecessary hard hit and just run out of bounds and/or throw the ball away if he is flushed out of the pocket.  Other than that, our O-Line blocked well and our RB's ate all night long. 

I have no issues with the defense. They hit hard and were fast to the ball.  D-Line was dominant as they have been all year and I see our LB's are getting better after each game. 

Honestly, Memorial has the athletes, but I think they were just outmatched with the overall size of BU, just looking at the battle in the trenches.  Still, some good pieces.  Ned is a beast and they QB has some wheels.  That was apparent on that 50 yard scamper to paydirt as he outran the BU defense.  That right there can be utilized in district and can cause New Caney fits. 

Memorial Needs to find some kids that want to hit someone on defense.  Arm tackles against big ball carriers won't cut the mustard, so I think they will need to address that.  Someone will need to also emerge as a leader on that defense and talk to someone and light a fire under someone's arse.  I didn't see that at all. 

I think PA will be fine and Morgan will have the team getting a lot better. They'll be , again, in a position to win district based on the talent I seen out there.

Game ball goes to Sophomore Rivers for playing great defense and getting a TD, this time from the punt return.  Including scrimmages up to this point, I just get higher on this kid and he fails to disappoint.  I love young guns that ball out in big games.

To conclude, PA will need to work on blocking and tackling in their bye week.  United will need to work on Silly penalties and mistakes on offense. If both teams do this, they'll peak in district and be in a position to do great things.

Bro as always, you are on point with post game analysis.  We could have easily had 49 points last night and against Nederland if not for self imposed mistakes...

11 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

WB vs United might be for the district title after the call I just got. We'll see, but a kid might not be returning for a power. I hope it's not right. 

Word is Zach Evans is having some issues at North Shore and might go to IMG. They are still a formidable foe without him. But this is still a big hit to their team if he cannot return. Especially with Banks banged up

1 hour ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Y’all got Rivers and Anderson on that BU team? A couple of names I remember from the youth sports football board and standout players that gave us headaches back in the day.

If you talking about Bryce don’t listen to Soulja, he's at WB. 

3 hours ago, Reagan said:

Still not sure about BU.  They beat three teams that are, at this point, not very good.  Let's see what they can do against West Brook and North Shore.

So if we loose to St. Pius, Nederland and Memorial, then we are (add whatever adjective you want to) but since we beat them, THEY are having a down year?  

St. Pius recruits, not our problem their recruiting was down this year...

Nederland has lost to what I'd say or 3 playoff bound teams in WO-S, United and Silsbee.  Nothing to hang their head about.  Nederland will make the playoffs and battle for their district championship.

Port Arthur Memorial lost to a 6A Deer Park team that will be a playoff contender.  Titans are full of athletes and they will make the playoffs and battle for the district championship.

Not saying we will best NS or WB but the 2019 Timberwolves will make believers out of doubters and haters like you...

17 minutes ago, Alpha Wolf said:

So if we loose to St. Pius, Nederland and Memorial, then we are (add whatever adjective you want to) but since we beat them, THEY are having a down year?  

Nederland has lost to what I'd say or 3 playoff bound teams in WO-S, United and Silsbee.  Nothing to hang their head about.  Nederland will make the playoffs and battle for their district championship.

Port Arthur Memorial lost to a 6A Deer Park team that will be a playoff contender.  Titans are full of athletes and they will make the playoffs and battle for the district championship.

Not saying we will best NS or WB but the 2019 Timberwolves will make believers out of doubters and haters like you...

Let’s just keep lifting our boys up and pray that they stay healthy and focus. One game at a time....

19 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Wonder what the Coach Kenny Ray Harrison detractors have to say after this beating we got tonight?…… just saying.

I love our current staff btw, this is 100% not a diss to them, those that know what im getting at know. 😎

Xbox and nem are currently feasting on a weak district with the only heavy hitter being Atascosita.  Perhaps he would go with the senior vs the sophmore.  Anyway, I can see the calculus of Morgan:  He's trying to go with the 10th grader for 3 years vs the senior for 1....

58 minutes ago, Alpha Wolf said:

Don't worry, Alpha.  Reagan is just hurt that Art Briles isn't United's coach.......or is it Nederland.......or is it PN-G.....or is it Memorial?  Heck, I don't remember.

56 minutes ago, Alpha Wolf said:

I, as a PA native, am so happy for AL and nem in his 2nd season.  He was trending downward based on his previous stint at Ozen and the 2-8 last year which he lost 3 games close.  So far, so good.  I had the 4th last year and 3rd this year and going 8-2 ain't nothing to be sad about.  It's the playoffs where reps as a program/coach are made.  If PAM was to get blown out by a team, it should be United......

Now, Morgan is banking on the future.  I'm not crazy about him starting the sophomore, but I understand.  Despite what lil titan fan thinks, there is not a threat in that soft ass district besides NC.  Again, finishing the regular season 8-2/7-3 is nothing to be ashamed of.  It's that Dist 10 5A Div 1 ain't no punk top to bottom

United fans, congratulations and I will be at your games pulling for the TDubs......

Memorial fans, calm TF down.  Plenty of foosball left.....

12 minutes ago, Austin1985 said:

Xbox and nem are currently feasting on a weak district with the only heavy hitter being Atascosita.  Perhaps he would go with the senior vs the sophmore.  Anyway, I can see the calculus of Morgan:  He's trying to go with the 10th grader for 3 years vs the senior for 1....

I like the move at QB, QB isn’t the real issue from what I've seen. 

1 hour ago, WOSgrad said:

Don't worry, Alpha.  Reagan is just hurt that Art Briles isn't United's coach.......or is it Nederland.......or is it PN-G.....or is it Memorial?  Heck, I don't remember.

WOS, don't tease me like that.  Would love to have Briles at Nederland.   Would not be 0-3 and giving up 1,175 yards in 3 games.  Just saying!