Silsbee 43 Nederland 27/FINAL

WOSgrad

12 minutes ago, STiger85 said:

I said during the pregame broadcast the two things I wanted to see for my Tigers (1) was for the defense to step up, the Dline to cause havic and the secondary to start making plays. (2) Foster, to take command not just be a leader but command and I saw a little of that last night. Last year he was along for the ride, this year he needs to drive the bus. The long passes are nice, just throw it up and let the WR run go get it, but slants, out routs, come backs. I see the coaches are working them into the game plan and Foster is making the throws. Touch passes to the RBs and a little zip on the slants that's what I've been waited for, for Foster to get the chance to get it all together. Nice job last night Foster. The defense gave up some yards last night but was able to stop the Bulldogs in the red zone. Two INT and two sacks and several tackles for loss. I can tell you right now, we miss Tarver, badly, very badly. Would love to have him in the LB rotation and at FB finishing off blocks and running the ball and coming out of the backfield on passes. The guy was a machine. I seen some players been moved around and more in the rotation. Work on TACKLING twice as hard, trust me it makes a difference. I did see the Tigers start to loose some gas in the middle of the fourth quarter when Big Ned got the game within two points, but the fumble recovery after the punt energized us and we finished the game and got the dub. It was a nice BIG win for us last night, now we got to build off of it and not have a let down in the following weeks.  TigerNation!!!

Exactly,  loved seeing some variety in the passing game.  Nederland fans need to remember they weren’t the only team with a missed fg.  A 40 yarder that had plenty of leg.  And yes did see some tiring in that fourth quarter but yes we had enough to finish.  Not sure how many players we have spending the majority of the game on the field but i noticed all three rbs out there a lot.  Tough on them as hard as they play.

I thought Foster had a very good game, particularly in taking care of the football. One of the reasons why we chose him as player of the game.

But I put emphasis on him taking care of the ball because he had 4 turnovers in first two games and that may be the reason some wanted to see Briscoe get some reps.

I think Foster should be the starter. Just would like to see Briscoe get some time.

Oh, and our tackling improved a little, but still not very good.

2 hours ago, LEEROY Jenkinss said:

Man i really feel bad for Nederland.  Never thought i would say that.  Just was talking to my Silsbee contacts.  The score could have been much worse. They were talking about #12 for Nederland, whats this kids bio.  Is he being looked at?

It was a 5 point game until a bad fair catch and a fumble late..... silsbee was giving all it had at the point so it “couldn’t have been worse” they were maxed out. 

Nederlands D was not good last night. We’ve given up 99 points in three games.  I just think we are so much better than what we’ve shown so far. Might be time to make a few changes.  If we don’t we may win a few but come playoff time we will probably  go home early. That’s if we even make the playoffs this year.

The Defense can’t contain the outside and the DBs can’t cover or tackle. Nederland needs a new safety forsure and to start looking for the next man up on the OL and other positions. And the receiver number 3 Garrett I think is the best WR they have as far as catching what’s thrown his way, number 6 is good to but you can’t throw the ball to him every time. But the play calling is absolutely horrible. Has been all year and last year, it’s like Barrow isn’t watching the same games we are. I get that they are playing from behind so your play calls have to change and maybe he’s not used to that, but damn! Be prepared for different situations. Running draws on 3rd and 20 is dumb. Running the same play over and over week after week without success is not smart. Roll the freakin quarterback out of the pocket of the line can’t create a pocket for him to sit in. Bring the Kicker up from JV he’s good! No his last names not Barrow but I bet bringing him up will help out, even if it’s just to add some competition to the position. I’m a firm believer in #1 McMorris at QB if he has time, based on the success he had last year, and he did it in CLUTCH moments. At this point I’m sure he’s tired of having to throw the ball away, which he does rather than take a sack, so he’s trying to force something. If he were to hold on to the ball and take the sack people would have something to say about that, just like they’ve had something to say about him throwing it away. The bulldogs had a game winning touchdown pass dropped against WOS even after the muffed snap on the extra point but no one said anything about that. That would have put them up with just over a minute left on the clock. Which who knows if the defense would have held. United beat the hell outta the Dogs, I put that loss mostly on the OL and the DB’s. And last night again the defense was horrible. So why not make some changes cause the defense is not playing MEAN and like the DOGZ they gotta be to put some fear in their opponents. These offenses are doing whatever the hell they want to our defense. COACHES  need to do something DIFFERENT M. Okay I’m done. 

20 hours ago, Yeoj said:

Number 1 must have played QB for Nederland. They won't make the playoffs unless there's a change at that position. 

17 hours ago, BO DOG said:

Changing QB's ain't gonna help either. The play calling in terms of who receives the ball is a hot mess!  The same scenario(WR choice) is brewing from last year and it'll be worse this time.

13 hours ago, PABorn said:

The Defense can’t contain the outside and the DBs can’t cover or tackle. Nederland needs a new safety forsure and to start looking for the next man up on the OL and other positions. And the receiver number 3 Garrett I think is the best WR they have as far as catching what’s thrown his way, number 6 is good to but you can’t throw the ball to him every time. But the play calling is absolutely horrible. Has been all year and last year, it’s like Barrow isn’t watching the same games we are. I get that they are playing from behind so your play calls have to change and maybe he’s not used to that, but damn! Be prepared for different situations. Running draws on 3rd and 20 is dumb. Running the same play over and over week after week without success is not smart. Roll the freakin quarterback out of the pocket of the line can’t create a pocket for him to sit in. Bring the Kicker up from JV he’s good! No his last names not Barrow but I bet bringing him up will help out, even if it’s just to add some competition to the position. I’m a firm believer in #1 McMorris at QB if he has time, based on the success he had last year, and he did it in CLUTCH moments. At this point I’m sure he’s tired of having to throw the ball away, which he does rather than take a sack, so he’s trying to force something. If he were to hold on to the ball and take the sack people would have something to say about that, just like they’ve had something to say about him throwing it away. The bulldogs had a game winning touchdown pass dropped against WOS even after the muffed snap on the extra point but no one said anything about that. That would have put them up with just over a minute left on the clock. Which who knows if the defense would have held. United beat the hell outta the Dogs, I put that loss mostly on the OL and the DB’s. And last night again the defense was horrible. So why not make some changes cause the defense is not playing MEAN and like the DOGZ they gotta be to put some fear in their opponents. These offenses are doing whatever the hell they want to our defense. COACHES  need to do something DIFFERENT M. Okay I’m done. 

Pretty sure #8 is the go to receiver right now. 

14 hours ago, PABorn said:

The safety was all my Silsbee counterparts were saying was good about the defense.  Now i am really confused.  I should probably stick to what i know best.  

The PURPLE and WHITE. good riddens to this thread let it go

The dropped punt was a big turning point.  Nederland was still behind but had the momentum.  Not saying they would have won because Silsbee was the better team Friday.  I just think Nederland could have stole it. 

Big Ned needs to execute.  Blocking is sub par.  I cant comment on the play calling.  No one can.  There is a lot going on, on the sidelines that us mortal fans don't know about.  Monte is lacking a few leaders out there.  Thank the lord we have a week off. 

Congrats Silsbee.  They came to play.

On 9/14/2019 at 12:35 PM, AggiesAreWe said:

I thought Foster had a very good game, particularly in taking care of the football. One of the reasons why we chose him as player of the game.

But I put emphasis on him taking care of the ball because he had 4 turnovers in first two games and that may be the reason some wanted to see Briscoe get some reps.

I think Foster should be the starter. Just would like to see Briscoe get some time.

Oh, and our tackling improved a little, but still not very good.

If “our” is Silsbee, I’d have to beg to differ. Refer to Hudl. A 160 pound linebacker taking down 300 pound Nederland linemen. A 200 pound DT/DE making double and triple sacks per game.  Not very good? Inaccurate. 

35 minutes ago, PettyBetty said:

If “our” is Silsbee, I’d have to beg to differ. Refer to Hudl. A 160 pound linebacker taking down 300 pound Nederland linemen. A 200 pound DT/DE making double and triple sacks per game.  Not very good? Inaccurate. 

I thought Caleb had a very good game. He tackled well.

The rest of the team, not so much.

On 9/16/2019 at 8:07 AM, 409ANALYST said:

Congratulations to my Tigers.  I knew we would turn it around.   As I stated earlier, we will be fine!  Our athletes will have to get in shape and play on both sides of the ball for us to be competitive.  If Newton can do it, we should be able to do it!  This team will be fine come playoff time!

Silsbee did not need a turnaround. They have been good all long. There is a deep run aligned for them this season barring injuries. Just some tough opponents and a few things to work on.