Silsbee 43 Nederland 27/FINAL

WOSgrad

Mr. Raymond 'CJ' Foster's stat line R. Foster  9-13-220-3-0.  Folks, that's NO interceptions...  and he rushed for a TD, making it FOUR td's.  When I told the peanut gallery that Silsbee's QBing WASN'T  the issue, no one said anything.   Put those asinine  comments to rest hence forth, please.  The Sophmore that you're high on can get on the field, just not at QB at least for the next 2 years.  Smh

I didn't see the game video,  but in willing to bet that Silsbee tackled better, which I've been saying the last two weeks. I started to go through old threads and tag the detractors, but I'm sure you all are going to read this.   To the detractors...  they are Silsbee fans.  Support the group as a whole.  Want what's best for the team and not individuals that are your son, brother, grandson, ect.  

just like last year with the slow start, this team will get better and be rolling by district.  .  

also take not  of H-F's issues (key injury) and WO-S (only able to muster 14 points vs. Newton).  Silsbee will again be in position to win district, folks.  Same place they were last year.  

Then again, it's  a long season.  Anything can happen.   I'm proud if this Silsbee group  and what Coach Smith is doing. (Doing/done better than McGallian), for  the Smith detractors, and there's plenty...  smh

Rally behind  these kids and don't  tear them down.

Nederland, you have some nice pieces with the RB, the wr and you have a good linemen.  I'm sure Coach Barrow will have it going when district starts.  That QB will only get better .  You too, rally behind these kids, because if Nederland turns it around and peaks in district and gives a great playoff run, you'll have to eat those negative comments...

30 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Mr. Raymond 'CJ' Foster's state line R. Foster  9-13-220-3-0.  Folks, that's NO interceptions...  and he rushed for a TD, making it FOUR td's.  When I told the peanut gallery that Silsbee's QBing WASN'T  the issue, no one said anything.   Put those asinine  comments to rest hence forth, please.  The Sophmore that you're high on can get on the field, just not at QB at least for the next 2 years.  Smh

I didn't see the game video,  but in willing to bet that Silsbee tackled better, which I've been saying the last two weeks. I started to go through old threads and tag the detractors, but I'm sure you all are going to read this.   To the detractors...  they are Silsbee fans.  Support the group as a whole.  Want what best for the team and not individuals that are your son, brother, grandson, ect.  

juat like last year with the slow start, this team will get better and be rolling by district.  .  

also take not  of H-F's issues (key injury) and WO-S (only able to muster 14 points vs. Newton).  Silsbee will again. E in position to win district, folks.  Same place they were last year.  

Then again, it's  a long season.  Anything can happen.   I'm proud if this Silsbee group  and what Coach Smith is doing. (Doing/done better than McGallian), for the the Smith detractors, and there's plenty...  smh

First of all dude if your talking to me you don't know anything about me and I have no son are grandson are any ect. Foster done a amazing job last night and I never one time said he wasn't a good QB.!! But from what I was seeing earlier in the year Brisco was better.!! Thank you have a nice day.

30 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Mr. Raymond 'CJ' Foster's stat line R. Foster  9-13-220-3-0.  Folks, that's NO interceptions...  and he rushed for a TD, making it FOUR td's.  When I told the peanut gallery that Silsbee's QBing WASN'T  the issue, no one said anything.   Put those asinine  comments to rest hence forth, please.  The Sophmore that you're high on can get on the field, just not at QB at least for the next 2 years.  Smh

I didn't see the game video,  but in willing to bet that Silsbee tackled better, which I've been saying the last two weeks. I started to go through old threads and tag the detractors, but I'm sure you all are going to read this.   To the detractors...  they are Silsbee fans.  Support the group as a whole.  Want what's best for the team and not individuals that are your son, brother, grandson, ect.  

just like last year with the slow start, this team will get better and be rolling by district.  .  

also take not  of H-F's issues (key injury) and WO-S (only able to muster 14 points vs. Newton).  Silsbee will again be in position to win district, folks.  Same place they were last year.  

Then again, it's  a long season.  Anything can happen.   I'm proud if this Silsbee group  and what Coach Smith is doing. (Doing/done better than McGallian), for  the Smith detractors, and there's plenty...  smh

This gon shake the table and make ppl show themselves. 

37 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Nederland, you have some nice pieces with the RB, the wr and you have a good linemen.  I'm sure Coach Barrow will have it going when district starts.  That QB will only get better .  You too, rally behind these kids, because if Nederland turns it around and peaks in district and gives a great playoff run, you'll have to eat those negative comments...

I agree with this.   The pieces are there for an explosive offense,  there are a few things that need to be worked out, and if involves moving JV players up and giving them a chance so be it. (Not talking about the QB).  The defense was tough against WOS but maybe lost some confidence vs United and Silsbee.  A lot of work to be done over the off week. And FYI,  that was a pretty tough non-district schedule they just played.

Very solid win for Silsbee. Still far too many penalties which can bit you in the tail in future games. 9-13 and 4TDs for Raymond Foster is fantastic. Balanced passing and rushing is what this team will need to win district and advance in the playoffs. Still missed some tackles but I think it will get better during the season. 

2 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Very solid win for Silsbee. Still far too many penalties which can bit you in the tail in future games. 9-13 and 4TDs for Raymond Foster is fantastic. Balanced passing and rushing is what this team will need to win district and advance in the playoffs. Still missed some tackles but I think it will get better during the season. 

What year did you graduate Santa...

31 minutes ago, Who That said:

First of all dude if your talking to me you don't know anything about me and I have no son are grandson are any ect. Foster done a amazing job last night and I never one time said he wasn't a good QB.!! But from what I was seeing earlier in the year Brisco was better.!! Thank you have a nice day.

What you getting testy now? (Soulja would suffice, BTW)  I just stated what I stated. I guess if the shoe fits, wear it.  Nonetheless, it was still an asinine statement with reason's I've given dating from this summer. 

26 minutes ago, bigdog said:

I agree with this.   The pieces are there for an explosive offense,  there are a few things that need to be worked out, and if involves moving JV players up and giving them a chance so be it. (Not talking about the QB).  The defense was tough against WOS but maybe lost some confidence vs United and Silsbee.  A lot of work to be done over the off week. And FYI,  that was a pretty tough non-district schedule they just played.

Agreed, as all teams that have tough Non-district schedules.  You'll find out quick what you need to work on.  All is not lost.  Y'all will be fine, old friend

22 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Although you were one of the Detractors, good post.  We just need you to keep this same energy throughout the WHOLE year...

26 minutes ago, LEEROY Jenkinss said:

Man i really feel bad for Nederland.  Never thought i would say that.  Just was talking to my Silsbee contacts.  The score could have been much worse. They were talking about #12 for Nederland, whats this kids bio.  Is he being looked at?

It was a 2pt game with 5 something left in the 4th quarter and then Ned muffed a punt return.   Ned also missed several scoring opportunities, two FG and should have had a TD but penalties killed that drive.   Ned has to cut down on the penalties and the mental errors.

I said during the pregame broadcast the two things I wanted to see for my Tigers (1) was for the defense to step up, the Dline to cause havic and the secondary to start making plays. (2) Foster, to take command not just be a leader but command and I saw a little of that last night. Last year he was along for the ride, this year he needs to drive the bus. The long passes are nice, just throw it up and let the WR run go get it, but slants, out routs, come backs. I see the coaches are working them into the game plan and Foster is making the throws. Touch passes to the RBs and a little zip on the slants that's what I've been waited for, for Foster to get the chance to get it all together. Nice job last night Foster. The defense gave up some yards last night but was able to stop the Bulldogs in the red zone. Two INT and two sacks and several tackles for loss. I can tell you right now, we miss Tarver, badly, very badly. Would love to have him in the LB rotation and at FB finishing off blocks and running the ball and coming out of the backfield on passes. The guy was a machine. I seen some players been moved around and more in the rotation. Work on TACKLING twice as hard, trust me it makes a difference. I did see the Tigers start to loose some gas in the middle of the fourth quarter when Big Ned got the game within two points, but the fumble recovery after the punt energized us and we finished the game and got the dub. It was a nice BIG win for us last night, now we got to build off of it and not have a let down in the following weeks.  TigerNation!!!

15 minutes ago, STiger85 said:

I said during the pregame broadcast the two things I wanted to see for my Tigers (1) was for the defense to step up, the Dline to cause havic and the secondary to start making plays. (2) Foster, to take command not just be a leader but command and I saw a little of that last night. Last year he was along for the ride, this year he needs to drive the bus. The long passes are nice, just throw it up and let the WR run go get it, but slants, out routs, come backs. I see the coaches are working them into the game plan and Foster is making the throws. Touch passes to the RBs and a little zip on the slants that's what I've been waited for, for Foster to get the chance to get it all together. Nice job last night Foster. The defense gave up some yards last night but was able to stop the Bulldogs in the red zone. Two INT and two sacks and several tackles for loss. I can tell you right now, we miss Tarver, badly, very badly. Would love to have him in the LB rotation and at FB finishing off blocks and running the ball and coming out of the backfield on passes. The guy was a machine. I seen some players been moved around and more in the rotation. Work on TACKLING twice as hard, trust me it makes a difference. I did see the Tigers start to loose some gas in the middle of the fourth quarter when Big Ned got the game within two points, but the fumble recovery after the punt energized us and we finished the game and got the dub. It was a nice BIG win for us last night, now we got to build off of it and not have a let down in the following weeks.  TigerNation!!!

Very Good post, analysis, AND expectations.