Jasper 42 Little Cypress-Mauriceville 14/FINAL

WOSgrad

4 hours ago, NEagles95 said:

I’d love to see it too, but there’s been too much nonsense go on after the games bc of it. 

Agreed. I wish it wasn't that way with you guys and with Silsbee. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone because I'm not there and don't have a clue about what all of the issues are. As a fan of SETX football, I want Jasper to play the best teams around and for all of the nonsense to be squashed by everybody involved. 

2 hours ago, Bulldogs92 said:

Agreed. I wish it wasn't that way with you guys and with Silsbee. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone because I'm not there and don't have a clue about what all of the issues are. As a fan of SETX football, I want Jasper to play the best teams around and for all of the nonsense to be squashed by everybody involved. 

We like to play the best too. Nobody can say Newton has a weak schedule. I wasn’t even aware of the issues after the Jasper/Newton games until I read about them on Facebook. 

6 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Silsbee has always wanted to keep the Jasper game. Goes back to the 1920's. Over 70 games played.

Jasper (Barbay) is the one who decided to end playing Silsbee.

It's a shame. I love the job he's doing in Jasper and honestly, we sorely needed someone to come and rebuild the program to something close to what Coach Walkoviak had and be able to sustain it. I understand his decision in light of what happened the last time we played Silsbee, but that doesn't mean I agree with it. As long as he's there it will be this way, but on the bright side any Jasper/Silsbee playoff games are gonna be really ramped up.