Newton 20 West Orange-Stark 14/FINAL

WOSgrad

19 minutes ago, mat said:

Turnovers were key and have has plagued WO all year. 

#41 is just a sophomore .his ceiling is through the roof. And he will make alot defenses look bad. But he has to learn to hold on to the ball.has a fumble in every game this year.he has made up for it. But u can't keep putting ur defense in this type of situation against gud teams.newton coaches are so impressive to its unreal with that talent they had.even when they struggled to move the ball.he made sure they done enough to win the game.

That WOS defense is the real deal. Nobody has held Newton down that effectively. As so often happens, mistakes and turnovers was the key here. But that is a part of the game. WOS defended the pass very well, I was surprised how well they rushed the Qb that really effected Newtons passing. Pressure always seems to do that. Congratulations Newton you played a hellava game.

Anybody out there have any injury reports. Commentators said Nate was limping, but don't how serious. Man, I hope they are not serious. It don't get no easier next week.

2 minutes ago, Newtonres75-86 said:

That WOS defense is the real deal. Nobody has held Newton down that effectively. As so often happens, mistakes and turnovers was the key here. But that is a part of the game. WOS defended the pass very well, I was surprised how well they rushed the Qb that really effected Newtons passing. Pressure always seems to do that. Congratulations Newton you played a hellava game.

Anybody out there have any injury reports. Commentators said Nate was limping, but don't how serious. Man, I hope they are not serious. It don't get no easier next week.

Actually it does, bye week.

1 hour ago, dj said:

#41 is just a sophomore .his ceiling is through the roof. And he will make alot defenses look bad. But he has to learn to hold on to the ball.has a fumble in every game this year.he has made up for it. But u can't keep putting ur defense in this type of situation against gud teams.newton coaches are so impressive to its unreal with that talent they had.even when they struggled to move the ball.he made sure they done enough to win the game.

He is a good football player with a lot of potential. I'm impressed with the young secondary they are improving every week. Dj do we have other running backs beside #41, and #19? #41 is doing a lot and #19 got ruffed up a little last night. Both teams had problems with QB center exchange, something the Mustangs' need to work on before next week. 

48 minutes ago, Newtonres75-86 said:

Nice post.

1 hour ago, BobcatDad said:

And there goes the WOS hater

Its like they forget how bad silsbee was last week vs newton. Newton scored over 2.5x as much vs silsbee. Their highlight reel wont be near as long this week. Defense played great against an explosive offense last night. Let em hate. They get a chance in a couple weeks for a winning record. District standings still tied 0-0.

11 hours ago, ladybug33 said:

He is a good football player with a lot of potential. I'm impressed with the young secondary they are improving every week. Dj do we have other running backs beside #41, and #19? #41 is doing a lot and #19 got ruffed up a little last night. Both teams had problems with QB center exchange, something the Mustangs' need to work on before next week. 

Yes. #3, and #13 were gonna start getting more carries any way.coach T starting see who he can rotate even at the rover position for #41. 46 done a hella job at rover. He's doing whatever it takes to keep kids rotated and seeing if they can cut it.its all abt getting better each week.what ppl doesn't realize abt w.o is were a team that puts our best 11 on defense. And then if they have to rotate on offense so be it.that why the offense is always a lil behind.ik we be a lil behind.especially these days when teams are scoring 50/game.we have always has and always will be a defensive minded team.we have had a few team that were exceptional on offense that got out quick.like 1985,1989,2015,2016 comes to mind. This year is a young talented team that u want see the potential til abt week 6 or 7. It's all the little things. To be games like this will really make them dangerous come playoff time.