H-F VS EC The Rice Bowl

glassjoe

58 minutes ago, ECFAN#1 said:

HF struggling with Hughes Springs is not a good sign for them. I'll take EC by 21.

You must not have seen the game.  There was not much of a struggle.  Hughes Springs is a multi-round deep team most years.  They are good.  

Trick play scored and one big run early in game.  H-F had 465 total yard Offense with countless fumbled snaps or bad snaps inside the 10. A lot of penalties as well. All early season stuff to clean up is all.  

3 TD win is very hopeful.  We will find out soon enough.      

21 minutes ago, BelichikYoSelf said:

I would say that EC struggling with HJ is a worse sign for EC.  Hughes Springs is no joke.  Hamshire-Fannett hurt themselves in Hughes Springs.  

Hamshire-Fannett 35 

East Chambers 21

EC fumbled three times against HJ and scored points on all their other drives so I would say EC hurt themselves last week. If EC cleans up the fumbles HF doesn't stand a chance. I don't believe HF can score enough points to keep up.

EC vs HJ score kinda concerns me with this matchup. But I know fumbles can make a score worse than it really is aka Bellville vs Madisonville in week 1. But this is a rivalry game. May not be saying much but this is the best team EC has played early in the season. I feel like it’s a toss up but I picked HF for the upset. 

I'm probably going to pick EC (not that it means anything) but I wouldn't be surprised if it was closer than expected.  Pretty good little rivalry game. 

Related note.  I think it's hilarious when someone says that their team "hurt themselves" by turning it over or fumbling.. More times than people want to admit the defense of the other team CAUSED the turnover or fumble.  Either directly or indirectly if your team is putting the ball on the ground it may be because of the defense.  

12 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

I'm probably going to pick EC (not that it means anything) but I wouldn't be surprised if it was closer than expected.  Pretty good little rivalry game. 

Related note.  I think it's hilarious when someone says that their team "hurt themselves" by turning it over or fumbling.. More times than people want to admit the defense of the other team CAUSED the turnover or fumble.  Either directly or indirectly if your team is putting the ball on the ground it may be because of the defense.  

Unless it’s a fumbled snap lol but yeah I agree 100%

1 hour ago, aTmfan06 said:

Unless it’s a fumbled snap lol but yeah I agree 100%

If the center got absolutely destroyed the previous play then a fumbled snap could be a result of the defense.  I get your point but my point is that there are so many things that happen during live play competition that could most definitely cause something to happen that people often overlook. 

2 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

It's definitely EC's running backs not taking care of the ball. Just hold onto the ball and the fumbling won't be a problem. 

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 2:49 PM, glassjoe said:

You must not have seen the game.  There was not much of a struggle.  Hughes Springs is a multi-round deep team most years.  They are good.  

Trick play scored and one big run early in game.  H-F had 465 total yard Offense with countless fumbled snaps or bad snaps inside the 10. A lot of penalties as well. All early season stuff to clean up is all.  

3 TD win is very hopeful.  We will find out soon enough.      

How do you say HF didn't struggle when you lost. I watch bits and peace's of film and yes both HF QB's had a hard time with the deep snap but that's part of the game. HF did fumble in the red zone but Hugh Springs is ranked in the 30's in 3AD1 on most polls and HF should not have struggled. You can justify the lost with if this happened or if that happened but you lost by 7 to average 3A school. Your right we can talk all we want but we will find out tomorrow night. The stat's I saw was HF passing 249 rushing 26 total 275 (Not 465). Hughes Springs passing 47 rushing 219 total 266. Looks like HF is a passing team this year.

7 hours ago, aTmfan06 said:

EC vs HJ score kinda concerns me with this matchup. But I know fumbles can make a score worse than it really is aka Bellville vs Madisonville in week 1. But this is a rivalry game. May not be saying much but this is the best team EC has played early in the season. I feel like it’s a toss up but I picked HF for the upset. 

EC definitely needs to clean up fumbles. They let HJ score on 2nd team defense at end of the game. EC will be fine but this is a rivalry game and it is in HF.

16 hours ago, ECFAN#1 said:

How do you say HF didn't struggle when you lost. I watch bits and peace's of film and yes both HF QB's had a hard time with the deep snap but that's part of the game. HF did fumble in the red zone but Hugh Springs is ranked in the 30's in 3AD1 on most polls and HF should not have struggled. You can justify the lost with if this happened or if that happened but you lost by 7 to average 3A school. Your right we can talk all we want but we will find out tomorrow night. The stat's I saw was HF passing 249 rushing 26 total 275 (Not 465). Hughes Springs passing 47 rushing 219 total 266. Looks like HF is a passing team this year.

It was over 145 rushing yards with 118 negative rushing plays figured in from the 9 mishandled snaps.  lost 15 to 20 yards per snap through the hands of Q.  Yes they lost so I understand the struggle.  Q was knocked out of the game in 1st half.  so total yardage before mistakes was well over 400.  Hughes Springs rank is from last season. Hughes Springs is no average 3A team.  Big, fast, physical Slot T Team.  SO comparing that game to is irrelevant to EC style.  This should be a good game to watch.  

HF will have to start fast and have better QB performance in the passing dept. and Line blocking up front to keep up with EC; if they do I like our chances of hanging with them; if not it could be a long night for my Horns. HF's defense is solid and will keep them in the game if like I said above, the QB & Line play better.

1 hour ago, HORNSFAN86 said:

HF will have to start fast and have better QB performance in the passing dept. and Line blocking up front to keep up with EC; if they do I like our chances of hanging with them; if not it could be a long night for my Horns. HF's defense is solid and will keep them in the game if like I said above, the QB & Line play better.

I think that's a good assessment, but will have to establish the running game which will help their passing game. HF is strong at the QB position and has some receivers.  This will be a good test for EC passing game for the playoffs.