Silsbee Vs Nederland

Who That

3 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

It's funny to me now, no one called for a QB change in the stands from what I was listening to but they call for one on here lol. I'll say this and be done on it: if Foster wasn't the QB going forward last season Silsbee has a McGallion playoff run instead of a Coach Smith playoff run which resulted in a state semi appearance, first in school history right? 

"If you try to fix something that isn't broken karma will humble you sooner rather than later"- MBG.

Remember this statement in the quote for later. 

Second timei. School history, played Dickinson many years ago.

We gotta remember that teams are rarely as good or as bad as their last game. It’s a proven fact.

Ned was awful against United, point blank. Worst game I have seen is play in years. With that being said, BU was a much better football team than us and I’m not sure it would have mattered.

Ned looked good against WO-S and could have won that game. Lost it due to special teams. Home field. 0-2 record. Motivation to play well and clean things up before district starts. I think we get a good effort from the Dogs this week and the depth should wear out a good solid Silsbee team in the 4th quarter. 

2 hours ago, jake94 said:

We gotta remember that teams are rarely as good or as bad as their last game. It’s a proven fact.

Ned was awful against United, point blank. Worst game I have seen is play in years. With that being said, BU was a much better football team than us and I’m not sure it would have mattered.

Ned looked good against WO-S and could have won that game. Lost it due to special teams. Home field. 0-2 record. Motivation to play well and clean things up before district starts. I think we get a good effort from the Dogs this week and the depth should wear out a good solid Silsbee team in the 4th quarter. 

definitely the worst "special teams" I've seen in a while.  A few changes and we wouldve beaten WOS

10 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Silsbee vs Nederland 1993! Jay McGuire rushing for 424 yards and 4 TDs plus a kickoff return TD. Shoot out that Silsbee won like 48-44! Bryan Spell to Eric Cammack. Think Apell had like 300 plus passing and Eric 150 receiving. Game was in Nederland. 

That was the 1st game in 93. The 2nd game (Bi-District) was much less eventful

52 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Silsbee vs Nederland 1993! Jay McGuire rushing for 424 yards and 4 TDs plus a kickoff return TD. Shoot out that Silsbee won like 48-44! Bryan Spell to Eric Cammack. Think Apell had like 300 plus passing and Eric 150 receiving. Game was in Nederland. 

To be accurate, McGuire had 454 yards rushing and all purpose yards (rushing, receiving and returns) of 608 with 6 total TD's.

45 minutes ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

That was the 1st game in 93. The 2nd game (Bi-District) was much less eventful

Correct.

The thing about that 2nd game ( a 34-7 Silsbee win) was that McGuire did not play. He got hurt in final regular season game against Jasper. Most folks thought Silsbee was doomed facing a Nederland team that ripped the Tiger defense thru the air and not having their star RB where they needed every single yard and score to beat the Bulldogs earlier in the season.

What happen was a change in defensive strategy. Silsbee played zone coverage the first time and Spell picked them apart. In the playoff game Silsbee went to man coverage and brought the house on most if not all passing downs. Silsbee sacked Spell 10 times in that 2nd game. Also, Silsbee RB Rhone had 194 rushing yards and 3 TD's.

2 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Correct.

The thing about that 2nd game ( a 34-7 Silsbee win) was that McGuire did not play. He got hurt in final regular season game against Jasper. Most folks thought Silsbee was doomed facing a Nederland team that ripped the Tiger defense thru the air and not having their star RB where they needed every single yard and score to beat the Bulldogs earlier in the season.

What happen was a change in defensive strategy. Silsbee played zone coverage the first time and Spell picked them apart. In the playoff game Silsbee went to man coverage and brought the house on most if not all passing downs. Silsbee sacked Spell 10 times in that 2nd game. Also, Silsbee RB Rhone had 194 rushing yards and 3 TD's.

Yes they switched Rhone from FB to tailback and he went off!!