Silsbee Vs Nederland

Who That

46 minutes ago, Broncos2447 said:

I know he completed a total of 5 passes last week with a loaded box for about 100 total yds and one pass was over 75 yds, so that leaves about 25 yds passing for the rest of all the offensive plays. 

So in other words, you DIDN'T  go to the games.  Had you went, you'd seen that Foster had a pretty good game vs. PN-G and that Newton had a very good defense.  Also, you'd see that 90% of Silsbee'a issues have done with bad tacking  on defense and bad interior blocking.   Maybe some sort if research should be done before posting.   Also, maybe you been to know what Foster orchestrated last year. 

But who am I?   Just some dumb Beaumont guy that dont know squat about anything outside of the city...

Both teams generally  gets better as the season goes on.  Both teams looked bad this week.  Interesting to see who has the better week of practice... one thing though.  Silsbee has more athletes than  Nederland,  but Nederland is better coached.  But Nederland has subpar QBing and Silsbee's defense refuses to tackle.  I just don't know if a week of preparation can fix this...

4 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Both teams generally  gets better as the season goes on.  Both teams looked bad this week.  Interesting to see who has the better week of practice... one thing though.  Silsbee has more athletes than  Nederland,  but Nederland is better coached.  But Nederland has subpar QBing and Silsbee's defense refuses to tackle.  I just don't know if a week of preparation can fix this...

I would say that Nederland's QBing is just as good as Silsbee's.

Both teams have talent. Nederland has as much talent on offense as any other Nederland team in the past, especially at RB. Defensively if they can just line up right and stay with their assignments they will be fine.  O-line needs improvement. I’ve seen huge holes for our RB’s at times and bad pass blocking at times.  QB play is what is gonna make this offense really good or what we saw this past week at United.

18 minutes ago, rvbulldogs said:

Both teams have talent. Nederland has as much talent on offense as any other Nederland team in the past, especially at RB. Defensively if they can just line up right and stay with their assignments they will be fine.  O-line needs improvement. I’ve seen huge holes for our RB’s at times and bad pass blocking at times.  QB play is what is gonna make this offense really good or what we saw this past week at United.

You may be right.   I was looking for that one player that can't  be checked.  Looks like this 2019 Bulldog version is the RB.  So there is talent.   Just gotta fix the defense.  O-line play I wouldn't say it is yall problem.  Hard to gauge.   United's D-Line might be the best line you'll face all year.  

12 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

So in other words, you DIDN'T  go to the games.  Had you went, you'd seen that Foster had a pretty good game vs. PN-G and that Newton had a very good defense.  Also, you'd see that 90% of Silsbee'a issues have done with bad tacking  on defense and bad interior blocking.   Maybe some sort if research should be done before posting.   Also, maybe you been to know what Foster orchestrated last year. 

But who am I?   Just some dumb Beaumont guy that dont know squat about anything outside of the city...

You got that last part right... 😂 just kidding!!

I knew last year when the schedule came out with WOS, United, and Silsbee the chance the dogs go 0-3 was there... last year we did what most people didn’t think would happen and go 3-0, just like most of y’all I was shocked that we did it. But boy was I happy. Lol. If our o line doesn’t gel and open holes this week could be another L... if they do I believe we will win. That’s the biggest glaring downfall for Nederland. Our strength is at our running back position but if no holes and blocking upfront then it kinda defeats its purpose.. we will see come Friday night. How much smaller is Silsbee d line compared to United’s d line Soulja? United was big very big with high motors... I don’t think we will see another line like that for a good while and hopefully our o line grew from that game. 

23 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Bmt soulja 1 I totally agree with you. Imo u hit the nail on the head.ive watched silsbee games.foster has played well.i think they oc put him in some bad position.even the newton game was predictable.newton takes away the middle against them and blitz alot up the middle.thats why I don't get why they want roll him out from time to time.when the line fail to pick up the blitz.even better why not let dump it off to RBS more and turn it into a trackmeet.and get those backs on the perimeter more.and on defense sure they need to tackle better.but the biggest problem was they were out of position on defense.causing them to try reach to tackle newton.newton is precise on there plays and are fundamentally sound with those athletes.alot things that has been going wrong for silsbee will be fixed by district.and u will see a different team. That's why some matchups early on favors the more experienced teams.

1 hour ago, navydawg31 said:

I knew last year when the schedule came out with WOS, United, and Silsbee the chance the dogs go 0-3 was there... last year we did what most people didn’t think would happen and go 3-0, just like most of y’all I was shocked that we did it. But boy was I happy. Lol. If our o line doesn’t gel and open holes this week could be another L... if they do I believe we will win. That’s the biggest glaring downfall for Nederland. Our strength is at our running back position but if no holes and blocking upfront then it kinda defeats its purpose.. we will see come Friday night. How much smaller is Silsbee d line compared to United’s d line Soulja? United was big very big with high motors... I don’t think we will see another line like that for a good while and hopefully our o line grew from that game. 

Silsbee has size in spots on that D-Line.   I'd say overall, they are about the same size, but Silsbee's d line dont get a lot of penetration and are not aggressive at all.  United's is polar opposite.   And United beat Nederland in the trenches.  Silsbee can beat you, but D-Line, from what I've seen isnt really their strong suit this year...

56 minutes ago, dj said:

Bmt soulja 1 I totally agree with you. Imo u hit the nail on the head.ive watched silsbee games.foster has played well.i think they oc put him in some bad position.even the newton game was predictable.newton takes away the middle against them and blitz alot up the middle.thats why I don't get why they want roll him out from time to time.when the line fail to pick up the blitz.even better why not let dump it off to RBS more and turn it into a trackmeet.and get those backs on the perimeter more.and on defense sure they need to tackle better.but the biggest problem was they were out of position on defense.causing them to try reach to tackle newton.newton is precise on there plays and are fundamentally sound with those athletes.alot things that has been going wrong for silsbee will be fixed by district.and u will see a different team. That's why some matchups early on favors the more experienced teams.

Perfect post here.  Nothing else to be said!

Ned's D is pretty good and stingy, I wasn't at the game last week but I imagine they were worn out from being on the field so much.   The offense is going to have to get up to par fast or the D will have to carry them most of the season.   That won't work very well against the better teams and in the playoffs.   They have two (or three) very good RBs that need to be utilized better.  Use the running game to open up the passing game and take some heat off the new OL  until they get up to speed.  The QB looked pretty good when he was in as a backup last year, I am not sure whats going on with that other than OL issues blocking and giving him enough time to throw.  The two times I have seen him this year he was very antsy in the pocket.

26 minutes ago, Who That said:

I'm going to say this one more time you want to make Silsbee's offense go and go and put up the points put Brisco at QB and wacth the difference . That's the key ...

Their offense was high octane  last year.  How was that offense able to go and go all the way to round 5?  Inquiring minds want to know...

51 minutes ago, bigdog said:

Ned's D is pretty good and stingy, I wasn't at the game last week but I imagine they were worn out from being on the field so much.   The offense is going to have to get up to par fast or the D will have to carry them most of the season.   That won't work very well against the better teams and in the playoffs.   They have two (or three) very good RBs that need to be utilized better.  Use the running game to open up the passing game and take some heat off the new OL  until they get up to speed.  The QB looked pretty good when he was in as a backup last year, I am not sure whats going on with that other than OL issues blocking and giving him enough time to throw.  The two times I have seen him this year he was very antsy in the pocket.

That's because he's (McMorris) been running for his life so far this year