WOS @ Newton Who you got

EAGLEFOREVER

I root for WOS every game and hope they make it to state every year. I have respect for that program and what they have accomplished. That being said, I don't think the Newton Eagles will be losing to WOS this year. This is two fast, athletic, and well coached teams going at it. Newton proved so much last week and I will confidently say that they have not dropped off too much as we all thought they would. I think this game will be decided within a touchdown or two. Though, I said that last week and was completely wrong. Win or lose, this will benefit the Eagles. Good luck to both teams and may the best team win. 

2 hours ago, Fast Turtle said:

I root for WOS every game and hope they make it to state every year. I have respect for that program and what they have accomplished. That being said, I don't think the Newton Eagles will be losing to WOS this year. This is two fast, athletic, and well coached teams going at it. Newton proved so much last week and I will confidently say that they have not dropped off too much as we all thought they would. I think this game will be decided within a touchdown or two. Though, I said that last week and was completely wrong. Win or lose, this will benefit the Eagles. Good luck to both teams and may the best team win. 

We nothing.  people on called me a fool when I said netwon could go 16 0 this year before the season even started 

I've noticed many saying Newton has players that are just as good as Barlow , Foster. I don't think that to be true. You could search the nation and not find another of these guys. These young men proved themselves on and off the field in society.  Newton has good players stepping up to fill the vacancy of players like Barlow but until they prove themselves on and off the field you cannot say they even compare to Barlow. Can these young players be like a Barlow or Foster ? Yes in their own way . Many of these young guys are making their Mark and earning their stripes but untile they prove themselves on and off the field and between the White Lines you can't compare them to Barlow or Foster. Being a fast runner , throwing and catching a football  , having the most tackles all these things are included in the package but there is more to being a great player and athlete.  Your activity in your classroom , neighborhood and society are just as important as being good on a football field.  Barlow and Foster along with other players from Newton have done both . Saying Newton has players just as good as Barlow or some of the other players who have moved on is not accurate. These young men did it on and off the field and continue to contribute to both . 💯💜

42 minutes ago, OleMoe said:

I've noticed many saying Newton has players that are just as good as Barlow , Foster. I don't think that to be true. You could search the nation and not find another of these guys. These young men proved themselves on and off the field in society.  Newton has good players stepping up to fill the vacancy of players like Barlow but until they prove themselves on and off the field you cannot say they even compare to Barlow. Can these young players be like a Barlow or Foster ? Yes in their own way . Many of these young guys are making their Mark and earning their stripes but untile they prove themselves on and off the field and between the White Lines you can't compare them to Barlow or Foster. Being a fast runner , throwing and catching a football  , having the most tackles all these things are included in the package but there is more to being a great player and athlete.  Your activity in your classroom , neighborhood and society are just as important as being good on a football field.  Barlow and Foster along with other players from Newton have done both . Saying Newton has players just as good as Barlow or some of the other players who have moved on is not accurate. These young men did it on and off the field and continue to contribute to both . 💯💜

I do agree on the Barlow statement. That kid is really well built for the running back position and above average vision. But as for Foster, Newton always has qbs like Foster, and ironically they usually play both qb and db. I feel that Foster made the defense much better but at qb he was pretty average.

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

I had WOS picked before the season.  I'd call it a 50/50 with a lean towards Newton at this point.

The most logical post on here, and it came from a Newton hater more so than a WOS hater, oh wait he's both………. lol both teams in trouble Friday. 

On 9/9/2019 at 6:57 AM, Fast Turtle said:

I just posted on another thread about what you suggested about a drop off. After watching the Video of Newton and Silsbee, I am very impressed with the ability of Nate Williams to run this offense. I truly do believe he will compensate for any drop off. I believe he can be as effective if not more than what Josh Foster was. He throws better on the run, and can hurt you with his running.  He's not the athlete Josh is, but he can dang sure run this offense.  I saw a very good passing game against good competition.

On 9/8/2019 at 10:52 AM, Amphibious Rodent said:

WOS is a Great team.  Every year. I give them the respect they deserve. Newton is a great team as well. I can't confidently say who I think is going to win this game. But I'm a Newton fan and am pulling for them. 

But the scoreboard is really all that matters 

That!!!