WOS @ Newton Who you got

EAGLEFOREVER

I have absolutely nothing to say negatively about WOS. They are one of the best programs in Texas as is Newton. I look for a great hard fought game and I expect it. Not likely a blowout in either way. But anything can happen with a momentum shift and a few mistakes. Both of these teams k8nda mirror each other with great athletes,  great coaching and great fan base. Looking forward to a great game.  Go Eagles!!!!

23 hours ago, KB24 said:

LCM first TD was on a pass. They hung with WOS until 4th quarter. WOS made none of their PAT. I think it’s another blow out for Newton. Newton’s defense is not your ordinary high school defense. And I don’t think WOS will stop Newton from scoring. 

Bro I see ur one of them guys that looks at scores.instead of the actually game.there is no doubt newton is a gud team.but there not world beaters.and I'll admit newton took advantage of flaws w.o had last yr.difference this yr w.o dline is better.and will give them them blues.also if watched w.o play u know 69 is unblockable this year. Ik abt the kid from newton.i think he's 24.differnce is he's facing a spread team that gets him out of his comfort zone.also sometimes he will have to line up across from 69.manchild!! And ik w.o couldn't throw the ball last yr on them. Same qb.but alot better.in case u didn't know the best rb on the field comes Friday. #41 a sophomore.unless w.o turns the ball over. This will be newton first L. And I'm willing to put money on it !! Real talk.

16 hours ago, hardcore said:

I predict Newton over WOS....... Everyone has a plan until they get punch in the mouth. WOS almost got beat by LCM until they pulled away in the second half while Newton  dominated Silsbee in preseason play. Therefore, if WOS plan on winning this game they better improve on defending against the pass. Newton 42 WOS 21.

Another score board watcher. Instead of the game.give LCM credit. Those kids made some nice catches in the game against w.o. I'll admit w.o secondary does need to tightening up some. They're better in man than zone. Which they will play friday.they will run a 40 defense against newton.and man up on the wrs.all abt matchups. So newton's best chance of winning is by beating one on one coverage.the only reason newton wrs looked so gud is bcz silsbee DBs were looking in the backfield and blowing coverage. Every team isn't going to do that.

47 minutes ago, dj said:

Bro I see ur one of them guys that looks at scores.instead of the actually game.there is no doubt newton is a gud team.but there not world beaters.and I'll admit newton took advantage of flaws w.o had last yr.difference this yr w.o dline is better.and will give them them blues.also if watched w.o play u know 69 is unblockable this year. Ik abt the kid from newton.i think he's 24.differnce is he's facing a spread team that gets him out of his comfort zone.also sometimes he will have to line up across from 69.manchild!! And ik w.o couldn't throw the ball last yr on them. Same qb.but alot better.in case u didn't know the best rb on the field comes Friday. #41 a sophomore.unless w.o turns the ball over. This will be newton first L. And I'm willing to put money on it !! Real talk.

Dude blah. Everyone in SETX know Newton is a Great team. Only those who are jealous or just pure haters would say they are not.  You youngsters really need to stop trying to talk sports. 

2 hours ago, dj said:

WOS is a Great team.  Every year. I give them the respect they deserve. Newton is a great team as well. I can't confidently say who I think is going to win this game. But I'm a Newton fan and am pulling for them. 

But the scoreboard is really all that matters 

2 hours ago, KB24 said:

Dude blah. Everyone in SETX know Newton is a Great team. Only those who are jealous or just pure haters would say they are not.  You youngsters really need to stop trying to talk sports. 

First off no youngster.know football and played.never hater.tell it how it is.newton was and still is a gud team.i can sit here tell newton,silsbee,jasper,Crosby were better teams than these kids last yr.but what u don't get is what makes newton so gud is the ability to get there kids where they want them.starting with the online and dline.they know which to block on offense.and try to blitz alot on defense.what u missed that want work against everyone.u out coach silsbee bcz all them great backs they wanted to run up the middle for some reason.and theiw one route.a go route.and lets not forget bro. W.o and newton was 7-0. Ball game.at halftime last yr.and u apparently forgot how they got down there last ye.off a tip pass.once again no young boy. Grown man that will put his money where my mouth is.

5 minutes ago, dj said:

First off no youngster.know football and played.never hater.tell it how it is.newton was and still is a gud team.i can sit here tell newton,silsbee,jasper,Crosby were better teams than these kids last yr.but what u don't get is what makes newton so gud is the ability to get there kids where they want them.starting with the online and dline.they know which to block on offense.and try to blitz alot on defense.what u missed that want work against everyone.u out coach silsbee bcz all them great backs they wanted to run up the middle for some reason.and theiw one route.a go route.and lets not forget bro. W.o and newton was 7-0. Ball game.at halftime last yr.and u apparently forgot how they got down there last ye.off a tip pass.once again no young boy. Grown man that will put his money where my mouth is.

No need to get any hurt feelings, just a little talk about a high school ball game. This should be one heck of a ball game.

1 hour ago, Amphibious Rodent said:

WOS is a Great team.  Every year. I give them the respect they deserve. Newton is a great team as well. I can't confidently say who I think is going to win this game. But I'm a Newton fan and am pulling for them. 

But the scoreboard is really all that matters 

U are absolutely correct. I have nothing but respect for every team. In setx. It's great that they play each other.the only point that I was making is w.o is the only team that has something different that makes it hard for newton on defense and offense. If our kids just hold on to the ball and continue to slow down with the drops .this will be a 4th qtr game.

46 minutes ago, dj said:

How can you tell someone who played the game at Newton was raised in Newton and been part of the Newton tradition that they don’t know. Nawl what it is you all don’t know. Until you’ve walked it or been part of it. You will never know. Only continue to spectulate and wonder. This thread was asking who we think would win. I am in no way taking away from the legacy WOS has but let’s be honest they are not the team they used to be. Do I think they will win their district. Yes. But come Friday night. I got Newton. 

56 minutes ago, KB24 said:

How can you tell someone who played the game at Newton was raised in Newton and been part of the Newton tradition that they don’t know. Nawl what it is you all don’t know. Until you’ve walked it or been part of it. You will never know. Only continue to spectulate and wonder. This thread was asking who we think would win. I am in no way taking away from the legacy WOS has but let’s be honest they are not the team they used to be. Do I think they will win their district. Yes. But come Friday night. I got Newton. 

You have some valid points in your paragraph that are note worthy. Dj played football in the WOS system and has had and still may have family members who have playing. He knows what he is talking about. Your team is very good and has had a lot of success in their division, I support them 100% except when we play each other.  I'll take WOS we are not the same team as last year, Defense is much better, OL is very very good it should be a good one.

16 minutes ago, ladybug33 said:

You have some valid points in your paragraph that are note worthy. Dj played football in the WOS system and has had and still may have family members who have playing. He knows what he is talking about. Your team is very good and has had a lot of success in their division, I support them 100% except when we play each other.  I'll take WOS we are not the same team as last year, Defense is much better, OL is very very good it should be a good one.

May the best team win. 

2 hours ago, KB24 said:

I thought I sent you home yesterday. You got issues. WO-S only goes to the region finals instead of the state championship and are now not what they used to be. Problem is this year Newton isn't either and you can't handle it. And nobody else on these boards has ever walked it or been part of it but you. I'm guessing you played at one time, when I don't know but it had to be before no-pass--no-play. Looking for a good game from two good teams. 

No need to get any hurt feelings. Everybody passionate about their team. I can make you a 100% guarantee about one thing, there isn't anything that is said in this forum that is going to change the outcome of this game and the scoreboard has the final say. Let's not get mad at each other because we both believe in our teams. May we have a great game that provides us some entertainment and everybody stays healthy. This game is not going to determine who goes onto AT&T win or lose, that is up to our teams by winning the games necessary to accomplish this goal. May god bless all.

PT, hopefully we can stand side by side at AT&T again at the end of this season.

12 minutes ago, Majestyk said:

I always pull for the Eagles in every game except one. Got some friends up that way.  Just can't help having fun going toe to toe with these guys sometimes.

We don't want, are need any bad bllood between theses two teams. No more than there may be already. These are two great programs and I hope both of these teams represent East Texas in December. Injury free

2 hours ago, Amphibious Rodent said:

We don't want, are need any bad bllood between theses two teams. No more than there may be already. These are two great programs and I hope both of these teams represent East Texas in December. Injury free

Both schools have amazing programs with awesome kids. After this week I’ll cheer for WOS the rest of this season & I bet a lot of WOS fans cheer for us too! 

5 hours ago, Majestyk said:

I thought I sent you home yesterday. You got issues. WO-S only goes to the region finals instead of the state championship and are now not what they used to be. Problem is this year Newton isn't either and you can't handle it. And nobody else on these boards has ever walked it or been part of it but you. I'm guessing you played at one time, when I don't know but it had to be before no-pass--no-play. Looking for a good game from two good teams. 

I can handle whatever comes my way. Get back at me after Friday’s game. Until then 🤐

2 hours ago, NEagles95 said:

Both schools have amazing programs with awesome kids. After this week I’ll cheer for WOS the rest of this season & I bet a lot of WOS fans cheer for us too! 

I always do. Much respect for what newton has accomplished over the years. Because we understand how difficult it is to remain dominant for so long. Always a target on your back. Get the best out of every opponent you face.

My boss played qb for newton years ago. He would say, we won state back in 98. And I'd remind him that their only loss was to WOS. When we both made it to state, he would take off one day to watch newton and I'd take off the next. Shame that we never made it the same day. But this could always be the year we both win it all.

Except for this week. WOS in another close one. No score prediction. Just get out of there with a win. And no injuries on either side.

17 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

I always do. Much respect for what newton has accomplished over the years. Because we understand how difficult it is to remain dominant for so long. Always a target on your back. Get the best out of every opponent you face.

My boss played qb for newton years ago. He would say, we won state back in 98. And I'd remind him that their only loss was to WOS. When we both made it to state, he would take off one day to watch newton and I'd take off the next. Shame that we never made it the same day. But this could always be the year we both win it all.

Except for this week. WOS in another close one. No score prediction. Just get out of there with a win. And no injuries on either side.

Respect. 💯