Newton 52 Silsbee 21/FINAL

WOSgrad

8 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Most of what I was going to say was already said.   But the thing that bothered me the most is the HORRIBLE  tackling  and HORRIBLE  interior blocking.  Newton exploited  these Silsbee deficiencies all night long.  These are the main things that need to be fixed ASAP if Silsbee are going  to do what they are trying to do.  There were some better playcalling that  could've been done,  but seems that it would've been an uphill  battle anyway because Newton is just that good.  And I can say it with my chest out.  I was wrong.  The loss of the 3 d-1 players appears to not have slowed this team down.  Low on numbers (I counted 28 kids on the team), but they get after it, ESPECIALLY  in defense.  If they stay healthy,  no doubt they make it back to the 'ship.  

Coach Smith  and staff made a believer out of me since he's  been in Silsbee and I won't doubt him and his staff now.  Silsbee will get it together in these next couple of upcoming games.

P.S.  Silsbee quarterbacking was NOT the issue tonight,  contrary to 'popular' belief...

Silsbee has and excellent football team. They have great athletes and will go deep in the playoffs,  imo. 

Everyone needs to support these kids and they will rebound. Coming from and Eagle fan. I'm 100% a Newton fan but I know a good team when I see one. This game really doesn't matter. It should be used as a teaching tool. Disrict play is the only thing that matters. 

I first want to make a comment on how wrong I was about this game.  I thought we would upset Newton, but I had no idea they had athletes like that coming back.  Yeah I knew Newton would be Newton but not that type of Newton.  They will win state again.  Secondly, we will be a playoff team and make a deep run in the playoffs again.

7 hours ago, 409ANALYST said:

I first want to make a comment on how wrong I was about this game.  I thought we would upset Newton, but I had no idea they had athletes like that coming back.  Yeah I knew Newton would be Newton but not that type of Newton.  They will win state again.  Secondly, we will be a playoff team and make a deep run in the playoffs again.

It's a long to Tipperary my friend. But, I hope you're right.

On 9/7/2019 at 10:40 PM, Who That said:

You want to fix Silsbee problem. Put Brisco at QB....! Not saying Foster isn't a good QB...  But Brisco is your answer to Silsbee offense blowing up.! And I'm a 100% TIGERS FAN 

Or at least make adjustments when needed at the position. It’s ok to play the other QB who is more accurate and can get out the pocket. I guarantee if Briscoe was at QB. Sylvester wouldn’t have taken the ball from him and scored. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Too much arm tackling. That'll be corrected. Good highlights, wish I could've seen a few of those Silsbee completions. 

Yes. Just what I have already seen.DBs out of position.oline didn't know how to pick up a blitz.and threw one route. Newton ran man coverage on one side.and the other corner was in bail technic.which tells me he's covering deep.any 2 man route to that would hurt them.seatruck is there best DB.any gud throwing qb will hurt them throwing across the middle.alot silsbee can fix.with all the offensive firepower the OC has to put them in better position.til the defense gels together. 

1 minute ago, dj said:

Yes. Just what I have already seen.DBs out of position.oline didn't know how to pick up a blitz.and threw one route. Newton ran man coverage on one side.and the other corner was in bail technic.which tells me he's covering deep.any 2 man route to that would hurt them.seatruck is there best DB.any gud throwing qb will hurt them throwing across the middle.alot silsbee can fix.with all the offensive firepower the OC has to put them in better position.til the defense gels together. 

I was telling Soulja before the game Seastrunk #14 was their best DB, he might be their best athlete on the team. Wait until Gaston grows up though, he gonna make ppl forget about Barlow and I don't mean any disrespect in that statement. It's the same as when I told Titan fans Chaney would make ppl forget about Hines. Gaston just gotta do him, hang on to the ball and dont feed into the hype. And stay healthy. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I was telling Soulja before the game Seastrunk #14 was their best DB, he might be their best athlete on the team. Wait until Gaston grows up though, he gonna make ppl forget about Barlow and I don't mean any disrespect in that statement. It's the same as when I told Titan fans Chaney would make ppl forget about Hines. Gaston just gotta do him, hang on to the ball and dont feed into the hype. And stay healthy. 

I think newton does a damn gud job of developing there backs.and if u a get a chance  and go back and look what hurts most teams against newton.is dbs,rovers,and lbs aren't coming up and taking out the lead blockers.causing players to go around and newton backs cut back no one is there to make a tackle.no disrespect to them.unless w.o turns the ball over.i can't see newton beating them bcz what they can do to bother newton.they will dink and dunk with QB.and put 41 on the edge.but the key to it all.is w.o will run a 40 defense to get them off the edge.ik Sylvester is a great present.but he will be consumed with #69 of w.o who's a manchild.that does both ways.watch a tape on 69.no one can block him.unless he allows them.there best player.besides 41.the kid had abt 14 offers himself.alot of ppl don't like watching the big nasties up front. If newton can't dominate up front like do everyone else.that L is coming.

1 hour ago, dj said:

I think newton does a damn gud job of developing there backs.and if u a get a chance  and go back and look what hurts most teams against newton.is dbs,rovers,and lbs aren't coming up and taking out the lead blockers.causing players to go around and newton backs cut back no one is there to make a tackle.no disrespect to them.unless w.o turns the ball over.i can't see newton beating them bcz what they can do to bother newton.they will dink and dunk with QB.and put 41 on the edge.but the key to it all.is w.o will run a 40 defense to get them off the edge.ik Sylvester is a great present.but he will be consumed with #69 of w.o who's a manchild.that does both ways.watch a tape on 69.no one can block him.unless he allows them.there best player.besides 41.the kid had abt 14 offers himself.alot of ppl don't like watching the big nasties up front. If newton can't dominate up front like do everyone else.that L is coming.

You are funny. You are this online coach that knows so much yet you only talk from the perspective of WOS. Maybe if you knew what you were talking about Silsbee wouldn't have beat WOS when it mattered. Just sayin. 

5 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Forget about Barlow? Lol highly doubtful 

3 hours ago, SETXanalyst said:

You are funny. You are this online coach that knows so much yet you only talk from the perspective of WOS. Maybe if you knew what you were talking about Silsbee wouldn't have beat WOS when it mattered. Just sayin. 

Don't get me wrong, I think the "dj" guy knows football. But, I totally agree with you when he has only a WOS perspective. He's definitely giving credit to Newton, but he's still only seeing one sided. He dissected Silsbee last season too, and was stating only reasons of why they would win. Then.... we all seen how that played out. I respect WOS and hope they win every game other than this weeks game, but we have to keep it real.  

5 hours ago, SETXanalyst said:

What are talking about. I was first to say silsbee was a better team than w.o last year.bcz of something they took advantage of. No excuses.i think newton will win state again.but the 2 teams from jump that could beat newton.is still there.w.o and gilmer. The difference between those 2 and silsbee is.silsbee is more of a power running team.thats not gonna throw it 25-30 times a game.that game should've been alot closer.but it was a learning tool for silsbee.it doesn't have anything to do with me been from w.o.its abt matchups of teams.