Newton 52 Silsbee 21/FINAL

WOSgrad

1 hour ago, KB24 said:

Did you read the words you typed?  So while Silsbee was still winning. Newton was playing basketball or trying to play basketball. No dude. Newton was on that run to Jerry’s world.  For a repeat. Which they did. SMH. 

If y'all where still playing football I must have not been talking about y'all.

6 hours ago, OleMoe said:

Silsbee will get it together.  They have the goods to make another run deep into playoffs. Talent all over the field.

I really enjoyed the game and not just because Newton won. The game showed good sportsmanship by both teams ( both teams helped each other and were respectful for one another ) . The officials were professional and called a good clean game and sometimes the  official don't get credit when credit is due ( if they would have messed-up,several of us would have let you know ). The fans were  polite and courteous. I enjoyed the game . Silsbee  kids and adults are good people. Silsbee football team will get them deep into the play-offs. JMO

8 hours ago, OleMoe said:

How was the playcalling for Newton ? I know they didnt have  Neece in the box.  

I believe Tabor Westbrook. I thought I heard Jon say that on one occasion. On that note I have never witnessed a team that is as good at two point conversions as Newton is this year. Their success rate is incredible.

13 hours ago, HOTROD309 said:

Everyone always complains about coach ... blah blah blah .. then goes 5 rounds deep and he’s the best thing since sliced bread ... trust the process ... Yes I would love to to see wins but would rather another deep run ... If you can do better step up and quit being sideline coaches 

Great post!!

Most of what I was going to say was already said.   But the thing that bothered me the most is the HORRIBLE  tackling  and HORRIBLE  interior blocking.  Newton exploited  these Silsbee deficiencies all night long.  These are the main things that need to be fixed ASAP if Silsbee are going  to do what they are trying to do.  There were some better playcalling that  could've been done,  but seems that it would've been an uphill  battle anyway because Newton is just that good.  And I can say it with my chest out.  I was wrong.  The loss of the 3 d-1 players appears to not have slowed this team down.  Low on numbers (I counted 28 kids on the team), but they get after it, ESPECIALLY  in defense.  If they stay healthy,  no doubt they make it back to the 'ship.  

Coach Smith  and staff made a believer out of me since he's  been in Silsbee and I won't doubt him and his staff now.  Silsbee will get it together in these next couple of upcoming games.

P.S.  Silsbee quarterbacking was NOT the issue tonight,  contrary to 'popular' belief...

30 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Most of what I was going to say was already said.   But the thing that bothered me the most is the HORRIBLE  tackling  and HORRIBLE  interior blocking.  Newton exploited  these Silsbee deficiencies all night long.  These are the main things that need to be fixed ASAP if Silsbee are going  to do what they are trying to do.  There were some better playcalling that  could've been done,  but seems that it would've been an uphill  battle anyway because Newton is just that good.  And I can say it with my chest out.  I was wrong.  The loss of the 3 d-1 players appears to not have slowed this team down.  Low on numbers (I counted 28 kids on the team), but they get after it, ESPECIALLY  in defense.  If they stay healthy,  no doubt they make it back to the 'ship.  

Coach Smith  and staff made a believer out of me since he's  been in Silsbee and I won't doubt him and his staff now.  Silsbee will get it together in these next couple of upcoming games.

P.S.  Silsbee quarterbacking was NOT the issue tonight,  contrary to 'popular' belief...

Silsbee fans need to relax. Silsbee is a good team. I told y'all from the beginning, Silsbee is slow out the gate. Always have been. They get better as the year progresses. I don't know why.

One thing that people forget, is that PNG and Newton are both really good teams, and kids may still be getting moved around to different spots right now to make their team better at this point in the season. One thing that really benefits the Tigers is that in November, when it's really cold outside, that running game really helps , as with Newton. 

Just a few quick stats

Silsbee                               Newton

Passing

R. Foster  5-11-104-1-0  N. Williams  8-16-172-2-0   

Rushing

A. Arline   15-80              K. Watson    19-123 2TD

C. Martin 11-70  2TD     V. Fowler      11-58 2TD

D. Taylor  10-21              N. Williams   7-50

Receiving

J. Hunt    1-83 TD          D. Seastruck  4-90 2TD

Q. Kelly   1-10                C. Spivey        2-38

K. Cartwright 1-8          R. Phillips       1-32

21 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I don’t think Silsbee fans turning on their team, I believe it's more so frustration from watching tonight, that was not Silsbee Football tonight out there, they are better than what I personally saw tonight, the good news is that it wasn't a district game, but IMO I'd burn that game tape. 

I think I would study it.