Newton 52 Silsbee 21/FINAL

WOSgrad

For us, Not much of a running game until the game was pretty much in control..why..they did what i expect most everyone to do, especially those who have enough talent to keep up with our recievers on the go routes....you arent going to out athlete newton.  As far as the defense, hmm lots of talent on that Newton side but yes we have to tackle better and at least have someone cover or attempt to cover the receivers.  I saw too many with noone near them.  We have to be able to establish a little variety in that passing game,  it came around some later in the year last year, lets get it going again.  One difference i have noticed so far this year is we seem to be using even more players both ways..that makes it tough.  Tonight we had about 11 more players on the sidelines but i dont know if we really used many more players than Newton did. 

5 minutes ago, ST413 said:

ThisTiger fan isnt turning on either the team or coaches. Both need to learn and get better going on but we play these tough early games for that reason.  

Well I’m just curious what it will take for the Silsbee fans to stand up? . we score a touch down and half the stands are sitting ... I promise you the food isn’t bad .. but it’s not that good ... I promise you the players see that 

1 hour ago, JagMarine95 said:

Something I've always wanted to know....How good is Nate Williams in comparison to Josh Foster and his he the younger  brother of Noah Williams

Well in my opinion. Nate will be better than Foster come his senior year. He’s just a Jr. he will be back next year and yes he is the younger brother of Noah Williams. Foster could throw and get out the pocket but QB was not his strong position. Nate is definitely a QB. The kid looked promising. 

17 minutes ago, HOTROD309 said:

Everyone always complains about coach ... blah blah blah .. then goes 5 rounds deep and he’s the best thing since sliced bread ... trust the process ... Yes I would love to to see wins but would rather another deep run ... If you can do better step up and quit being sideline coaches 

Maybe they should stop being sideline coaches. Half of them never played a down of football. And the other half was just on a team. Silsbee dropping down to DII handed them that run in the playoffs. A coach has to know when to make adjustments. Too many talented players on the side line. So yea it’s coaching.  

Silsbee got made fun of last year after two games and look what happened. While we kelp winning in the playoffs y'all where packing your cleats and playing basketball or trying to play basketball. Is this the start we wanted? Heck no, not in the least. It is what it is. Now, just like last year, we have to find a way. The heart of the team graduated last year, that was an exceptional group. It's y'alls time now, y'alls time to find a way, to find that heart.  Just one game at a time, one practice at a time. We'll get there. TigerNation!!!

3 minutes ago, STiger85 said:

Silsbee got made fun of last year after two games and look what happened. While we kelp winning in the playoffs y'all where packing your cleats and playing basketball or trying to play basketball. Is this the start we wanted? Heck no, not in the least. It is what it is. Now, just like last year, we have to find a way. The heart of the team graduated last year, that was an exceptional group. It's y'alls time now, y'alls time to find a way, to find that heart.  Just one game at a time, one practice at a time. We'll get there. TigerNation!!!

Did you read the words you typed?  So while Silsbee was still winning. Newton was playing basketball or trying to play basketball. No dude. Newton was on that run to Jerry’s world.  For a repeat. Which they did. SMH. 

I don’t think Silsbee fans turning on their team, I believe it's more so frustration from watching tonight, that was not Silsbee Football tonight out there, they are better than what I personally saw tonight, the good news is that it wasn't a district game, but IMO I'd burn that game tape. 

17 minutes ago, STiger85 said:

Who was playing basketball? I’m confused on this comment. 🤔