Barbers Hill 62 Montgomery 31/FINAL

WOSgrad

22 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

Don't look too much into this one, I was there. Montgomery isn't very good. Our QB and Cauley went off. Need work on defense like every year. Should contend for a playoff spot though.

What do you mean “Montgomery isn’t very good” ?  They beat Vidor.  Hmm...

Not looking into anything, I was there as well. Just last week we played a good Mag team with Div I talent and tonight not so much. BH is young and will grow as the year moves on. Kapoua and Cauley will keep getting into sync and if #80 keeps working and develops those hands they will be a tough combo to cover. Mostly impressed with the Soph RB Hagler! Good lord I though this kid would need a year under his belt to adjust to varsity speed, but he looked very good for a Soph on a varsity field. Betz looked good a RB as well. on Defense Hefferman , McCauley and Hamby were flying around the field.  Keep up the intensity Eagles!

25 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

Not looking into anything, I was there as well. Just last week we played a good Mag team with Div I talent and tonight not so much. BH is young and will grow as the year moves on. Kapoua and Cauley will keep getting into sync and if #80 keeps working and develops those hands they will be a tough combo to cover. Mostly impressed with the Soph RB Hagler! Good lord I though this kid would need a year under his belt to adjust to varsity speed, but he looked very good for a Soph on a varsity field. Betz looked good a RB as well. on Defense Hefferman , McCauley and Hamby were flying around the field.  Keep up the intensity Eagles!

I agree with you, I seen alot of positives. Defense needs to tighten up though. No playoff win if D doesn't step up. Plain and simple. Offense hasn't been an issue in the last of years. Some good plays on D tonight, some bright spots, king-Bradley and Hefferman all over the field. The middle was opening up way too much. That will haunt us later down the road. One more week to shore that up.