Beaumont United 35 Nederland 10/FINAL

WOSgrad

Great day to be a Timberwolf!

First of all, from the opening kickoff, there was no mistake who the better team was. United just seemed faster and more physical than Nederland,  however, Many penalties held us back from  what we were truly capable of.  I hope they correct that for next week.

Nederland did have some good spots though.  The big interior lineman for Nederland clogged that middle up and stopped any and every running play up the middle.  I hear that kid was a sophmore, don't know if thats true or not.  Nederland also has the good looking RB which started gashing United at one point.  I have NO earthly idea why they went away from that.  Finally, the Nederland kicker has a foot of a mile.  Kicked that long FG with distance to spare.  I was thoroughly  impressed. Also, Nederland  will need to learn how to tackle in open space.  Almost seem like they were scared when United  RB's came rumbling downhill and wanted to arm tackle...

Besides the penalties,  I loved the play selection and seen some wrinkles they've been working out on offense.  But I have no idea why we started huddling up and not going to the hurry up offense.  That was strange.  I also have no idea when we went to the 5 we set and ran it half a possession and went away from it and NEVER  went back to it.  Nederland never had an answer for that and made NO adjustments to it. Also, EVERY week and getting more and more impressed with the young DB Rivers!  Kid is just a flat out baller.  3rd week in a row he's had a pick 6 and he also comes up and makes good open field tackles in the edge.  Sky is the limit for this kid and I'm so fortunate to be able to see him growing right before my eyes.  Usual suspects did their thing.  Our 3 headed monster and RB did their thing, Wilson, Burrell, and Eaglin. QB play was good.  I just love that extra dynamic we have with his feet that we DIDN'T  have last year.  

Special shout out to the Timberwolf  D-Line for flexing their muscles again for the second week in a row.  Those guys just get after it and as one Nederland fan described, fast and mean.

Game ball goes to the United coaching staff for actually making a halftime adjustment that works, even after Nederland had taken full control of the game's momentum before halftime.

Side note,  second week in the row we wore Maroon pants.  I think we need to stay with them and leave the gold ones in the closet. Too many tail kickikgs I saw last year when they wore them.  

Ps.  Nederland will be un the district championship conversation  in weeks to come.  Mark my words.

I knew Nederland didn’t have a chance being down by 2 scores.  First half was a defensive, penalty ridden battle.  The pick six was a huge mistake by the quarterback as well as the first interception.  

BU made the right changes after the half.  They will making a lot of noise as the season goes on .

Ned will be fine.  Like someone said before, seen to many 1-2, 0-3 starts and turn out with good playoff runs.

12 hours ago, Alpha Wolf said:

#2 Rivers with a 65 yard INT return for a TD, PAT good...

Including the scrimmage, that's 3 weeks in a row he has done that.  Kid is just a sophomore....

Bulldogs 7

Timberwolves 14

1:04 left in the 2nd...

i will say it again this kid is the real deal!!!!!!! and only 15  all state as a freshman at legacy last year on defense and offense 

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

First of all, from the opening kickoff, there was no mistake who the better team was. United just seemed faster and more physical than Nederland,  however, Many penalties held us back from  what we were truly capable of.  I hope they correct that for next week.

Nederland did have some good spots though.  The big interior lineman for Nederland clogged that middle up and stopped any and every running play up the middle.  I hear that kid was a sophmore, don't know if thats true or not.  Nederland also has the good looking RB which started gashing United at one point.  I have NO earthly idea why they went away from that.  Finally, the Nederland kicker has a foot of a mile.  Kicked that long FG with distance to spare.  I was thoroughly  impressed. Also, Nederland  will need to learn how to tackle in open space.  Almost seem like they were scared when United  RB's came rumbling downhill and wanted to arm tackle...

Besides the penalties,  I loved the play selection and seen some wrinkles they've been working out on offense.  But I have no idea why we started huddling up and not going to the hurry up offense.  That was strange.  I also have no idea when we went to the 5 we set and ran it half a possession and went away from it and NEVER  went back to it.  Nederland never had an answer for that and made NO adjustments to it. Also, EVERY week and getting more and more impressed with the young DB Rivers!  Kid is just a flat out baller.  3rd week in a row he's had a pick 6 and he also comes up and makes good open field tackles in the edge.  Sky is the limit for this kid and I'm so fortunate to be able to see him growing right before my eyes.  Usual suspects did their thing.  Our 3 headed monster and RB did their thing, Wilson, Burrell, and Eaglin. QB play was good.  I just love that extra dynamic we have with his feet that we DIDN'T  have last year.  

Special shout out to the Timberwolf  D-Line for flexing their muscles again for the second week in a row.  Those guys just get after it and as one Nederland fan described, fast and mean.

Game ball goes to the United coaching staff for actually making a halftime adjustment that works, even after Nederland had taken full control of the game's momentum before halftime.

Side note,  second week in the row we wore Maroon pants.  I think we need to stay with them and leave the gold ones in the closet. Too many tail kickikgs I saw last year when they wore them.  

Ps.  Nederland will be un the district championship conversation  in weeks to come.  Mark my words.

I wasn't at this game so I can't comment directly but the game and scrimmage that I saw were some of the same things.  Ned needs to get the O line lined out and stop all of the dumb penalties.   Probably need to focus on the run game and pass less.  I was listening and I am not sure why they went away from the run game with the exception of the 2nd - 3rd  and longs caused by the penalties.

2 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Great post game analysis bro as you always do.  Nothing else needs to be said.  Time to get ready for PA...

I am eating crow.  I didn't think that they could pull it off against a program such as Nederland.  I heard the referees stuck it to United by incorrectly placing the football behind the first down marker on 2 occasions and threw flags on several first downs.  They also called back 2 touchdowns against United.   Hats off to the coaching staff!  It was good to hear that the BU coaches made adjustments at halftime.  This win will be a big boost to that program.  Not many people (including myself) thought that at this time of the year they would be 2-0.   Now my Tigers will go out tonight and shock everyone in the area and beat Newton.  

2 hours ago, navydawg31 said:

@BMTSoulja1 How were the younger dogs in your eyes that I told you to watch for.. I know you are a straight shooter. 

Well, you are right. I saw something. They fought tough.  Reminds me of the young Bulldog team yall has in the 2010 football season.  They were young, but was scrappy and you seen then turning the corner soon and you know they were going to peak really soon.   That group went on to win consecutive district titles dominating other teams.  This 2019 team I see like that.  They have some nice young talent.  Theyll only get better.  Watch.