Hull-Daisetta vs West Hardin (The Rivalry)

H-D BOBCAT 55

Hull-Daisetta Bobcats vs West Hardin Oilers  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this game?

• Hull-Daisetta
    • West Hardin

13 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

I agree that WH hasn't had a good team in years. However, HD also "hasn't had a good team in years". Both are among the slowest schools we will be able to find in Texas. It is fortunate that these low end programs are close enough together that they can maintain some competitive structure between each other on aΒ year in, year out basis. Would be terrible if they were forced to play a schedule of typical talent levels as seen across HD's current district and throughout the state.Β 

He is back! lmao! The Falcon! As a Newbie this time lol! I've heard about you, and read many of your posts about HD over the years. You seem to always hate on HD for some reason, not sure why the resentment... I think you like to get a rise out of folks, it's funny lol. I'll take the bate, since my buddy HD Bobcat 55 won't lol. It really makes you look kinda ignorant though, when calling teams like HD slow and no talent, especially when HD has sent kids to State in track in recent years. Adrian Anderson won the 100 and 200 I believe in State, HD as a team won 2nd place at a State track meet, you are ignorant lol. Freshman RB Devonte Broussard runs a 4.5 now, that Broussard last name has produced many fast RB's at HD, some all-state ones. Then there is HD being listed on the top winning percentage list of schools.... I do get the fact that HD can no longer compete with these D-1 powers like San Augustine, their numbers and talent just aren't there anymore...Β Β HD barely missed out on being in their regular D-2 District, where they belong, and usually dominate, which isn't a bad thing, that is playing vs teams that match them...Β I understand you don't care for small ball or HD, it's all good brother, lot's of folks are scorned from a good ole, back in the day, Hull-Daisetta Bobcat buttΒ whooping! Whether it was from the National Record 43 game winning streak HD Bobcats, or the 79 State Champs,Β it was still a butt whooping, you are sore about pal. lmao. Good to have you back Falcon.

Β 

Β 

P.S. Falcon, you do understand that HD fields about 25 total football players, that isΒ 9-12 grades to make a varsity. HD has no JV.... For HD to play and dominate schools of their actual size is pretty impressive... HD is one of the smallest D-1's in the State.Β Of course, if HD plays teams with 40 players on the sideline it probably want me good, especiallyΒ  a team with mostly upperclassmen.... The D-1 move really hurt HD, and we only missed D-2 by a small margin... If HD is so terrible and slow, how bad are these teams HD is beating 70-6 and 50-0? Β 

46 minutes ago, JohnRuthDomergue said:

He is back! lmao! The Falcon! As a Newbie this time lol! I've heard about you, and read many of your posts about HD over the years. You seem to always hate on HD for some reason, not sure why the resentment... I think you like to get a rise out of folks, it's funny lol. I'll take the bate, since my buddy HD Bobcat 55 won't lol. It really makes you look kinda ignorant though, when calling teams like HD slow and no talent, especially when HD has sent kids to State in track in recent years. Adrian Anderson won the 100 and 200 I believe in State, HD as a team won 2nd place at a State track meet, you are ignorant lol. Freshman RB Devonte Broussard runs a 4.5 now, that Broussard last name has produced many fast RB's at HD, some all-state ones. Then there is HD being listed on the top winning percentage list of schools.... I do get the fact that HD can no longer compete with these D-1 powers like San Augustine, their numbers and talent just aren't there anymore...Β Β HD barely missed out on being in their regular D-2 District, where they belong, and usually dominate, which isn't a bad thing, that is playing vs teams that match them...Β I understand you don't care for small ball or HD, it's all good brother, lot's of folks are scorned from a good ole, back in the day, Hull-Daisetta Bobcat buttΒ whooping! Whether it was from the National Record 43 game winning streak HD Bobcats, or the 79 State Champs,Β it was still a butt whooping, you are sore about pal. lmao. Good to have you back Falcon.

Β 

Β 

P.S. Falcon, you do understand that HD fields about 25 total football players, that isΒ 9-12 grades to make a varsity. HD has no JV.... For HD to play and dominate schools of their actual size is pretty impressive... HD is one of the smallest D-1's in the State.Β Of course, if HD plays teams with 40 players on the sideline it probably want me good, especiallyΒ  a team with mostly upperclassmen.... The D-1 move really hurt HD, and we only missed D-2 by a small margin... If HD is so terrible and slow, how bad are these teams HD is beating 70-6 and 50-0? Β 

I am fairly certain that 43 wins is NOT a national record for wins. I wouldΒ concur that HD has won a State Championship in their history (as Harvard has won college football National Championships). What is certain is that HD is in their current classification according to the rules which all teams compete. HD "dominance" is readily apparent through their playoff success over the last decades which includes an impressive run of futility. It is well documented that HD has been able to maintain a measure of "dominance" over the likes of WH, Burkeville, Deweyville, other local bottom feeders which has enabled HD to produce winning records despite their yearly first round exits. Now that HD has been forced out of the historic weak district and into a district with normal talent levels, HD has been relegated to their rightful position. This has been evidenced by HD's first round exits over the years by any team that HD has faced.

In regards to HD "4.5s", we will see it very soon in district. In regards to HD winning 70-6 andΒ 50-0, these will be the beatings HD will be receiving in a few weeks.Β 

1 hour ago, 89Falcon said:

I am fairly certain that 43 wins is NOT a national record for wins. I wouldΒ concur that HD has won a State Championship in their history (as Harvard has won college football National Championships). What is certain is that HD is in their current classification according to the rules which all teams compete. HD "dominance" is readily apparent through their playoff success over the last decades which includes an impressive run of futility. It is well documented that HD has been able to maintain a measure of "dominance" over the likes of WH, Burkeville, Deweyville, other local bottom feeders which has enabled HD to produce winning records despite their yearly first round exits. Now that HD has been forced out of the historic weak district and into a district with normal talent levels, HD has been relegated to their rightful position. This has been evidenced by HD's first round exits over the years by any team that HD has faced.

In regards to HD "4.5s", we will see it very soon in district. In regards to HD winning 70-6 andΒ 50-0, these will be the beatings HD will be receiving in a few weeks.Β 

You are correct 43 wins is no longer the national record, HD set it a long time ago, it has been broken a few times since.... HD'sΒ national record, I believe was broken long ago byΒ Celina....Β 

This is the hidden content, please
Β 

Β 

You have some good points, I agree the district we are in is full of good teams, one ofΒ the toughest Districts in 2A. I have no doubt HD could compete in most districts. This season will be a tough year with these starting freshman in this elite district.

4 hours ago, SherriffReesie said:

HD had a district championship 3 years ago...

HD has had many "District Championships". As stated, HD has enjoyed the single weakest conglomeration of similar schools in the region that are not found anywhere else in the state. This network has historically enabled HD to have a district that they can "win". The historic conglomerate currently is comprised throughout the HD pre-district schedule. As throughout recent memory including the "District Championship" 3 years ago, HD is "donkey punched" in the playoffs each year that they have been able to "win the district".Β 

If WH doesn’t win tonight, it will be because they beat themselves penalty wise. This is a senior heavy team with all but a couple of the seniors starting varsity when they were freshman. Football smart athletes that have been playing together since before JR high. People can say what they want. These are good respectable kids, most of them national honor society students that know how to play the game. With the new offense for this year, it puts the ball in the many different hands and theyΒ can break one at any moment. I believe it’s going to be a good productive season for the Oilers. I’m taking WH over HD because of the experience level and horses in the stable.

1 hour ago, 89Falcon said:

HD has had many "District Championships". As stated, HD has enjoyed the single weakest conglomeration of similar schools in the region that are not found anywhere else in the state. This network has historically enabled HD to have a district that they can "win". The historic conglomerate currently is comprised throughout the HD pre-district schedule. As throughout recent memory including the "District Championship" 3 years ago, HD is "donkey punched" in the playoffs each year that they have been able to "win the district".Β 

"Donkey Punched" each year in the playoffs" another ignorant statement, HD went toe to toe with mighty top ranked Alto, back to back years in the 2nd round of the playoffs, leading both games, only to fall in the 4th quarters by a few points in both games... So there goes your made up theory... Alto went on to make deep playoff runs both years.Β 

52 minutes ago, Old school fan said:

If WH doesn’t win tonight, it will be because they beat themselves penalty wise. This is a senior heavy team with all but a couple of the seniors starting varsity when they were freshman. Football smart athletes that have been playing together since before JR high. People can say what they want. These are good respectable kids, most of them national honor society students that know how to play the game. With the new offense for this year, it puts the ball in the many different hands and theyΒ can break one at any moment. I believe it’s going to be a good productive season for the Oilers. I’m taking WH over HD because of the experience level and horses in the stable.

Really, because they beat themselves, not because HD beat them...? Wow! This is why I want HD to thrash WH tonight! Nobody said WH kids were bad or dumb kids lmao... But reading a book ain't gonna help you,when HD Nation knocks the snot bubbles out of yall!Β 

Knock the snot bubbles out of you. That’s funny. I hope you areΒ going to be watching the same game I’m watching. I don’t know anything about snot bubbles but I’ll make sure to leave some Kleenex and some butt paste at the gate so you came wipe the tears out of your eyes and doctor your bottom from the spanking WH is about to give ya. This ain’t the same team!

5 minutes ago, Old school fan said:

Knock the snot bubbles out of you. That’s funny. I hope you areΒ going to be watching the same game I’m watching. I don’t know anything about snot bubbles but I’ll make sure to leave some Kleenex and some butt paste at the gate so you came wipe the tears out of your eyes and doctor your bottom from the spanking WH is about to give ya. This ain’t the same team!

WH always running gums, then after playing HD, we just hear crickets, and yall's fans have left the stadium by the 3rd quarter. Yall get beat by these freshman, it's gonna be embarrassing lmao, but it's about to happen.Β 

9 hours ago, JohnRuthDomergue said:

HDΒ was back to back undefeatedΒ District champs,Β  both years Finney was there. HD was Districts champsΒ as you mention,under Hodges as well a few seasons ago in D-2.Β 

Weeellllll.. not to jump in because I’m enjoying the back and forth. Β But.. it is hard to argue the fact that HD has only won a couple of playoff games since their state title 40 years ago. Β None recently. Β That’s kind of the standard to how good you are.

6 hours ago, JohnRuthDomergue said:

WH always running gums, then after playing HD, we just hear crickets, and yall's fans have left the stadium by the 3rd quarter. Yall get beat by these freshman, it's gonna be embarrassing lmao, but it's about to happen.Β 

I thought they would too... like I said, this whole thread didn’t age well.

7 hours ago, Old school fan said:

Experience and too many horses for HD to contain. I said it once and I’ll say it again, big men up front making holes for all those horses to run wherever they want.

Hopefully the mighty Sabine Pass will not have "too many horses" for HD. It is certain that every team in the district will certainly have "too many horses".Β Β 

Congrats West Hardin... Yall earned it... WH has a good experienced team.Β HD has a very young team and coaching staff.... The future is bright at HD, right now though, to many freshman starting, coupled with a rookie "Head Coach", spells learning curves... WH put a butt whooping on us, I tip my hat.

Β 

It's frustrating to see #12 Kole Frauenberger,Β  hands down not just HD's best player, but one of the best players in district, only get about 7-8 carries total. And those carries came after half time, when we were behind... Frauenberger should never get less than 20 carries, kid averages good yardage per carry.Β Then to see HD needing 1 yard on 4th down, and we callΒ some fancyΒ pivot counter QB keeper, for no gain... Man the crowd went nuts on that crazy play call.Β