Hull-Daisetta vs West Hardin (The Rivalry)

H-D BOBCAT 55

Hull-Daisetta Bobcats vs West Hardin Oilers  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this game?

• Hull-Daisetta
    • West Hardin

Hull-Daisetta and West Hardin (Saratoga) 1st played each other 95 years ago, way back in 1924... The two small country towns are only 7 miles apart, and man can the game between the teams get heated. After the game, we are all friends and some even family, back to the norm. Who wins this one? WH has everyone back on both sides of the ball, HD has a bunch of athletic freshman starting this season. Should be a good game, HD holds the overall series lead 41-9. 

HD 44

WH 18

WH by a few ,,,., west Hardin’s whole year last year was carried on the back of one little sophomore RB and now from my understanding there is him pluse 2 or 3 more in the back field that at any given moment getting the ball are dangerous, West Hardin has been down the past years but this year seems hd is down, with that being said I was also told WH had 5 unsportsmanlike penalty’s against them against acadiana 3 of which brought TD’s back and that’s an easy way to loose a game, this is always a hard fought game between both schools but WH takes it this year I think they just got a little better “horses in there stable” with a little more experience where it matters  

I understand HD's victory was against Burkeville, which is not a good measuring stick by any means, but I was really impressed by the freshmen and the team as a whole.  I don't think we are talking state champions by any stretch of the imagination, but I think we are going to get some wins this season.  I do think HD takes this one and don't care by how much.  If this class of freshmen stay together and stay healthy they are a special group, that's a big IF.   

13 hours ago, XXPLAYAXX said:

WH wins this one by 14. HD wins one game vs the cripple and the blind and they are state bound with a bunch of freshmen. West Hardin is senior heavy and wins easily!

Could very well happen, WH playing at home, returning 10 on each side of the ball, HD is starting multiple 14-15 year old freshman players... Psych! Just kidding it's HD that WH is playing, it's snot bubble time!

4 hours ago, HD94 said:

I understand HD's victory was against Burkeville, which is not a good measuring stick by any means, but I was really impressed by the freshmen and the team as a whole.  I don't think we are talking state champions by any stretch of the imagination, but I think we are going to get some wins this season.  I do think HD takes this one and don't care by how much.  If this class of freshmen stay together and stay healthy they are a special group, that's a big IF.   

I agree HD has a special core of young studs for years to come. 

17 hours ago, Honest_Oiler said:

Literally no toss up about it. WH hasn't had a good team in years. 49-6, HD wins. WH starts playing trashy after getting down on the scoreboard.

I agree that WH hasn't had a good team in years. However, HD also "hasn't had a good team in years". Both are among the slowest schools we will be able to find in Texas. It is fortunate that these low end programs are close enough together that they can maintain some competitive structure between each other on a year in, year out basis. Would be terrible if they were forced to play a schedule of typical talent levels as seen across HD's current district and throughout the state.