kids to look out for this year on the hardwood ??

56 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Most of the experts I have spoke to has Hefner above Harrison.

As much as some appear to really not want it to be the case, it is Hefner by a decent margin.  He was a high D1 recruit for a reason and It says a lot that when Buzz got the A&M job, he amped up his recruitment even more.  And Buzz is one of the most respected guys at the collegiate level.   

Hayden’s ability to shoot ball, combined with his size and athleticism, and his ability to make his teammates better is going to make him a problem at the next level as well. 

1 minute ago, TxHoops said:

As much as some appear to really not want it to be the case, it is Hefner by a decent margin.  He was a high D1 recruit for a reason and It says a lot that when Buzz got the A&M job, he amped up his recruitment even more.  And Buzz is one of the most respected guys at the collegiate level.   

Hayden’s ability to shoot ball, combined with his size and athleticism, and his ability to make his teammates better is going to make him a problem at the next level as well. 

Exactly.

Every ranking that I have seen (and these rankings are from some very good experts in ranking players who see these guys play at the highest levels of summer ball) have Hefner well ahead of Harrison.

Just on the small amount of what I have seen of these two, I would have to put Hefner ahead of Harrison. But I will let the real experts decide this debate.

I value what Jim and Doug have to say.

20 hours ago, DefenderGameOn said:

is that how we judging a player now? i hope not 

not to mention one is 4a and the other is 6a 

everyone has there  own opinion i'm just gonna add my opinion it's not a more accomplished high school player just because you get a bigger scholarship doesn't make you better its just the next level and expectations but show me the numbers in high school in this area and show me one that compares to bre i answer that none.

lets see

freshmen year newcomer of year in district ,all region,mvp region3,all tournament state team,super gold first team, avg 21.5pts 5asst 3stls STATE CHAMP

sophmore year all district,all region, mvp region3. all state.all tournament state,super gold first avg 25.0 4asst 4stls STATE CHAMP

junior year all district all region all region3 team all state super gold 1st team avg 21.0pts 4 asst 3stls

senior year 

like i was sayIng show me  that quit looking at size and acknowledge the facts 

by the way probably will leave silsbee high school the all time leader in points not bad for a 5' nothing guard 

3 hours ago, kingjames said:

everyone has there  own opinion i'm just gonna add my opinion it's not a more accomplished high school player just because you get a bigger scholarship doesn't make you better its just the next level and expectations but show me the numbers in high school in this area and show me one that compares to bre i answer that none.

lets see

freshmen year newcomer of year in district ,all region,mvp region3,all tournament state team,super gold first team, avg 21.5pts 5asst 3stls STATE CHAMP

sophmore year all district,all region, mvp region3. all state.all tournament state,super gold first avg 25.0 4asst 4stls STATE CHAMP

junior year all district all region all region3 team all state super gold 1st team avg 21.0pts 4 asst 3stls

senior year 

by the way probably will leave silsbee high school the all time leader in points not bad for a 5' nothing guard 

Definitely not bad at all..and I wouldn’t want any of those others on my team over him size or not.  You will see no other player give what he does from the opening tip to the end of the game.  All out all the time...   Sure size may be be an upside factor for a player but so can heart!! And no one has more heart than Bre does.

21 hours ago, kingjames said:

lets see

senior year 

I completely agree.  I said before in here that height is the ONLY thing you can take from him and had he been taller, more closer to 6', he would be without a doubt, imo the best player in SETX.  Yes, I've been watching him play for years now.  Kid is a gamer.

On 9/18/2019 at 5:40 PM, AggiesAreWe said:

Exactly.

Every ranking that I have seen (and these rankings are from some very good experts in ranking players who see these guys play at the highest levels of summer ball) have Hefner well ahead of Harrison.

Just on the small amount of what I have seen of these two, I would have to put Hefner ahead of Harrison. But I will let the real experts decide this debate.

I value what Jim and Doug have to say.

I really don't think it's a decent margin like some are suggesting. Most of these guys recruitment happen on the AAU scene and Hefner has played with a high level team(Houston Defenders) for a good while, and Kasen has stayed loyal to the area for the most part and hasn't spent much time on The Circuit. I think once he puts together a state championship run this year and finally takes his ACT/SAT, he's gonna get some bigger offers and will really have some tough decisions to make.

1 hour ago, 2020VISION said:

I really don't think it's a decent margin like some are suggesting. Most of these guys recruitment happen on the AAU scene and Hefner has played with a high level team(Houston Defenders) for a good while, and Kasen has stayed loyal to the area for the most part and hasn't spent much time on The Circuit. I think once he puts together a state championship run this year and finally takes his ACT/SAT, he's gonna get some bigger offers and will really have some tough decisions to make.

Isn't he already committed to LU?

• 1 month later...
On 9/10/2019 at 8:53 AM, 409ANALYST said:

I saw the Silsbee vs. United game last year and yes I must admit Kasen Harrison can play.  Harrison played well at the end of the game but Bray Bray comes at you like he wants to destroy you from the beginning of the game to the end of the game.   I also look at the fact on the biggest stage that Bray Bray takes his game to another level in the regional tournaments and his appearances in the 2 state championship games.  

I quoted an earlier post of mine.  65 points!  Enough said!  Bray Bray is a BEAST!   I have not heard in several years when a ball player scored in the 60's.  Keep in mind they only play 8 minute quarters in high school.  He shows up HUGE on the biggest stages and against guys who are ranked in the state and the nation.