LSU at Texas

UTfanatic

I don’t know why Coach O would lie about the locker room issue.  I haven’t read or heard Holtz comment about it but if he did indeed say it was the case that weekend, I don’t think anyone would doubt it because Skip, through Trey, is part of the family.  I also can’t imagine that would be intentional with LA Tech given the Holtz family’s support of the University.   

I do think Coach O (who I’ve always thought to be a good guy) was less than genuine about the “cramps” issue.   As WGL pointed out, didn’t happen with a single Tiger offensive player.   Short of LSU having separate conditioning programs for the different units, that alone is hard to believe.  

But I’m not even that bent out of shape about the “flopping” either.  Although I’m not a fan of the tactic in any sport, if the Tigers were doing it intentionally to counteract the speed of the UT’s no huddle offense, they wouldn’t be the first team to employ that tactic in the sport.  And it’s not technically against the rules.  But if more teams start doing this, I can’t imagine there won’t be some punitive repercussion inserted in the rules soon.  

And again, as with WGL’s experience, I didn’t have a single encounter with an LSU fan that wasn’t entirely positive.  To the contrary, they were fantastic.  Much respect to them.  

As for the band, fan’s seats, etc, I couldn’t care less.  There were plenty who shelled out enough to get a good seat, there were several in our section.  Give UT the same allotment next year, in the worst section you can provide. There will plenty of us sitting in LSU donor seats anyway, just like the Tiger fans who opened their wallets this year.  Despite what any school wants to claim about their fan base, there will always be those who are willing to sell their tickets to one game and use the money to pay for the rest of the games for that season (and who can blame anyone who wants to do that).  It’s been that way forever.  

On 9/9/2019 at 7:22 PM, PhatMack19 said:

This is the hidden content, please

This is the hidden content, please

In other news, my understanding is Skip Holtz has all but called Orgeron a liar.  The whole thing seemed awful fishy to begin with because if it had happened with La Tech it would have been unintentional, and would have been rectified.  Skip is part of the family.  I don’t know why Coach Mushmouth felt compelled to make this an issue, but for the convenient “cramps” (aka flopping) which was “suffered” in abundance on one side of the ball.  What he neglected to anticipate is the abundance of technology available in this day and age.  Bringing La Tech into the discussion was not wise either, but he likely could have been completely unaware of Skip’s connection with the school.  

On 9/10/2019 at 4:24 PM, TxHoops said:

I don’t know why Coach O would lie about the locker room issue.  I haven’t read or heard Holtz comment about it but if he did indeed say it was the case that weekend, I don’t think anyone would doubt it because Skip, through Trey, is part of the family.  I also can’t imagine that would be intentional with LA Tech given the Holtz family’s support of the University.   

I do think Coach O (who I’ve always thought to be a good guy) was less than genuine about the “cramps” issue.   As WGL pointed out, didn’t happen with a single Tiger offensive player.   Short of LSU having separate conditioning programs for the different units, that alone is hard to believe.  

But I’m not even that bent out of shape about the “flopping” either.  Although I’m not a fan of the tactic in any sport, if the Tigers were doing it intentionally to counteract the speed of the UT’s no huddle offense, they wouldn’t be the first team to employ that tactic in the sport.  And it’s not technically against the rules.  But if more teams start doing this, I can’t imagine there won’t be some punitive repercussion inserted in the rules soon.  

And again, as with WGL’s experience, I didn’t have a single encounter with an LSU fan that wasn’t entirely positive.  To the contrary, they were fantastic.  Much respect to them.  

As for the band, fan’s seats, etc, I couldn’t care less.  There were plenty who shelled out enough to get a good seat, there were several in our section.  Give UT the same allotment next year, in the worst section you can provide. There will plenty of us sitting in LSU donor seats anyway, just like the Tiger fans who opened their wallets this year.  Despite what any school wants to claim about their fan base, there will always be those who are willing to sell their tickets to one game and use the money to pay for the rest of the games for that season (and who can blame anyone who wants to do that).  It’s been that way forever.  

Ticket allotments for LSU were cut to 3,000 due to the stadium construction.

In return, UT paid LSU $1.5 million. 

Same will take place next year with UT receiving less tickets and $1.5 million. 

4 hours ago, Bandwagon Ranger said:

Ticket allotments for LSU were cut to 3,000 due to the stadium construction.

In return, UT paid LSU $1.5 million. 

Same will take place next year with UT receiving less tickets and $1.5 million. 

Exactly what they were told - no school is going to boot season ticket holders out of their seats to create some for opposing fans.  Again, if you want a good seat, pay for it. 

14 minutes ago, Whoopi Goldberg's Lips said:

Where did the tweet originate from, wise guy??? Lulz

Tough pill to swallow for aggy to realize that even their beloved SEC considers them a joke.  Especially harsh to get slapped across the face while you are attempting to get another whiff of a jock you’ve been openly sniffing for a decade. 😂

8 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Tough pill to swallow for aggy to realize that even their beloved SEC considers them a joke.  Especially harsh to get slapped across the face while you are attempting to get another whiff of a jock you’ve been openly sniffing for a decade. 😂

Smells like onions and shame...