Nederland @ Beaumont United

Alpha Wolf

I've seen Ned play/scrimmage and know the new and returning players.  I was disappointed a bit in the pass blocking vs WOS.  The tandem backfield is definitely something any coach would like to have and if they can produce 4-5 yards a carry then the Dogs should be fine moving forward.  However, overall ( knowing it was a 1st game) I wasn't truly impressed with the overall play by the Dogs. With the 2 back plus the Soph this offense should be electric when all 3 are on the field IMO. Prediction (United 31 Dogs 21)

37 minutes ago, TripleFlux said:

I've seen Ned play/scrimmage and know the new and returning players.  I was disappointed a bit in the pass blocking vs WOS.  The tandem backfield is definitely something any coach would like to have and if they can produce 4-5 yards a carry then the Dogs should be fine moving forward.  However, overall ( knowing it was a 1st game) I wasn't truly impressed with the overall play by the Dogs. With the 2 back plus the Soph this offense should be electric when all 3 are on the field IMO. Prediction (United 31 Dogs 21)

They are breaking in a couple of new OL so give them time.   They will be fine.

1 hour ago, TripleFlux said:

1 hour ago, bigdog said:

They are breaking in a couple of new OL so give them time.   They will be fine.

Music to my ears...

With Wilson and company on the defensive line, they will get broke in properly...

2 hours ago, A BUC 77 said:

Going to be a good one.  Sticking with the dogs.  They were slow out of the gate last week.  Can't afford to spot BU 14 points as they did WOS.  Hope they get the rust out there heads.  I think Monte will have them prepared.

Looking forward to see what those young RB's will do on turf.  The "Butch" is always a good venue.

Being on a Thursday night, will be interesting to see what kind of crowd it will be.  I think it will be good night for HS football. 

In my opinion, the last thing Nederland will want to do is fall behind by too much and have to get away from what they really like to do is run the ball with play action passes.  Don’t put the United D in a position to where they can just pin their ears back and come after the QB...

41 minutes ago, Alpha Wolf said:

In my opinion, the last thing Nederland will want to do is fall behind by too much and have to get away from what they really like to do is run the ball with play action passes.  Don’t put the United D in a position to where they can just pin their ears back and come after the QB...

Exactly. That was St. Pius downfall..  and it all went downhill after that.. 

On 9/3/2019 at 10:50 AM, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Actually a case could be made that Port Arthur Memorial owns The Butch. Only lost 2 times there, once by a team who paid off the refs for their HC first win as HC. 

HEY NOW. I played in that game. We won fair and square we were in control most of the game. It took a few trick plays to get yall back into it. Lol

2 hours ago, JagMarine95 said:

HEY NOW. I played in that game. We won fair and square we were in control most of the game. It took a few trick plays to get yall back into it. Lol

Man that WR went damn near across I-10 and came back & caught a TD same play lol. Yall earned it though, good on Toby. If it was the 3 stooges we win. lol 😆 

25 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

There was a ref in the end zone the whole time.  Surely  you're not suggesting that he blew the call when he was probably less than 10 feet from that kid when he caught that TD pass...  😁

Those Central alums were everywhere in stripes. 

Speaking of stripes: what chapter will be officiating tonight?? 🤔 

28 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Those Central alums were everywhere in stripes. 

Speaking of stripes: what chapter will be officiating tonight?? 🤔 

We only use Houston chapters for both Beaumont schools when playing at home until they can get something worked out with the locals...