Newton vs Silsbee Who you got?

EAGLEFOREVER

I think it’s time to Get Mr Briscoe involved and start passing the ball to mix it up a bit the run is already there I don’t want Mr Briscoe to sit the bench at QB while Mr Foster continues to Struggle in the passing game I know Mr Briscoe has to get his feet wet but remember Mr Dontre Thomas he broke records  in just 1 season maybe we have another star sitting on the bench at QB that if we don’t play him we will never know I say put Briscoe under center and let’s go.

36 minutes ago, MBaller#1 said:

I think it’s time to Get Mr Briscoe involved and start passing the ball to mix it up a bit the run is already there I don’t want Mr Briscoe to sit the bench at QB while Mr Foster continues to Struggle in the passing game I know Mr Briscoe has to get his feet wet but remember Mr Dontre Thomas he broke records  in just 1 season maybe we have another star sitting on the bench at QB that if we don’t play him we will never know I say put Briscoe under center and let’s go.

Last weeks the passing game was not bad. I don’t feel you can get a very good judgement based on last night. I can’t remember many passes attempted that weren’t deep routes.  Newton’s coverage was too good for those to work .  By the time the ball could be thrown Foster was under too much pressure.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/6/2019 at 10:55 AM, KB24 said:

Newton produces play makers. It’s not just something that started. I remover a Anthony Byerly, Fred Kenebrew, James Boy, DJ Dean, Kevin Shorter. And I can name plenty more. That were just as good. Is a Newton thang and most wont understand 

The game last night kind of shows what I was talking about. Newton scores 51 against Gilmer last year and 0 against Gilmer this year. Losing Barlow, Foster, Brown, the big lineman, etc... absolutely hurt them. Brown, Foster, and especially Barlow can NOT just be replaced. Newton is still legit and will most likely still win state BUT they losing those seniors last year definitely hurt them. 

31 minutes ago, DeuceSixSuited said:

The game last night kind of shows what I was talking about. Newton scores 51 against Gilmer last year and 0 against Gilmer this year. Losing Barlow, Foster, Brown, the big lineman, etc... absolutely hurt them. Brown, Foster, and especially Barlow can NOT just be replaced. Newton is still legit and will most likely still win state BUT they losing those seniors last year definitely hurt them. 

No it didn’t hurt them. Yes loosing any good player year after year puts any team in a rebuilding stage. If you watched the game and understand play calling you would have noticed you can’t call the same plays and not make adjustments. Everyone so focused on the players they don’t see the coaching staff has changed too.  Those boys are still talented and can play just as good as those that left. Coaching and play calling also plays a BIG factor in any game. New OC. Did not make adjustments. He call the same plays. That was the difference in that game. 

19 minutes ago, KB24 said:

No it didn’t hurt them. Yes loosing any good player year after year puts any team in a rebuilding stage. If you watched the game and understand play calling you would have noticed you can’t call the same plays and not make adjustments. Everyone so focused on the players they don’t see the coaching staff has changed too.  Those boys are still talented and can play just as good as those that left. Coaching and play calling also plays a BIG factor in any game. New OC. Did not make adjustments. He call the same plays. That was the difference in that game. 

So the QB and RB for Newton have Offers from TCU, Arkansas, etc? My bad I did not realize that man. College coaches know talent and if they have all those offers, then I am wrong. 

1 hour ago, KB24 said:

Gilmer is a good team too, lets not ignore that fact

On 9/28/2019 at 8:07 AM, KB24 said:

Hello?