Newton vs Silsbee Who you got?

EAGLEFOREVER

12 hours ago, KB24 said:

Newton have been loosing great players for years and still be great. The difference between Newton and other teams is they prepare to lose players. The players coming up are prepared to be just as great      This is why their program works. Yes WT is gone. But Drew has been groomed to take his place. Who do you think was coaching when WT was out sick?  And like any father. He passed it on. Newton will beat Silsbee again. 

Yes they have been losing* talent every year. They do not lose talent like Barlow, Brown, and Foster all in one year. They have guys that will replace them and be very good, but not close to what those 3 could do. 

2 minutes ago, DeuceSixSuited said:

Yes they have been losing* talent every year. They do not lose talent like Barlow, Brown, and Foster all in one year. They have guys that will replace them and be very good, but not close to what those 3 could do. 

Although 2012 didn’t go to state. That was the best set of players I’ve yet to see and I’ve been out of school 30 years. They lost pure talent and year after year they adjust and someone else come along. That’s the system Newton has. They don’t sit around and wait to train and teach these kids the game. I saw that JV game last night. Silsbee has pure talent on that team and lousy coaching is hurting them. I heard some Newton V players talking about this one kid from Silsbee (#2) how good he is and sure nuff. He was playing some ball. Newton JV played an entirely different ball game than Silsbee. When the time come they will be the next man up. This is what sets Newton apart from other teams. 

15 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

They could also go 3-0 in this stretch.  Like I said earlier, I like Newton's chances tonight better than I did before last week.  

I'm trying to decide if I feel like riding over to watch the game.  It should be a good, close one. 

We aren’t all delusional. We know we lost some badass players last year, plus W.T. plus Neece. We know replacing them is impossible but we are confident They’ve passed along the tools to rebuild another really good team. Humble but confident. 

1 minute ago, KB24 said:

Although 2012 didn’t go to state. That was the best set of players I’ve yet to see and I’ve been out of school 30 years. They lost pure talent and year after year they adjust and someone else come along. That’s the system Newton has. They don’t sit around and wait to train and teach these kids the game. I saw that JV game last night. Silsbee has pure talent on that team and lousy coaching is hurting them. I heard some Newton V players talking about this one kid from Silsbee (#2) how good he is and sure nuff. He was playing some ball. Newton JV played an entirely different ball game than Silsbee. When the time come they will be the next man up. This is what sets Newton apart from other teams. 

I get that Newton reloads. I completely understand this. They are a powerhouse. BUT you do not replace BARLOW and not lose a step. The one filling in is still really good I'm sure, but Barlow is the best RB I have seen in person. On all levels. I am not saying that Newton is not good anymore. I am simply saying that you can not just replace the 3 kids mentioned and not lose a step. 

2 minutes ago, NEagles95 said:

We aren’t all delusional. We know we lost some badass players last year, plus W.T. plus Neece. We know replacing them is impossible but we are confident They’ve passed along the tools to rebuild another really good team. Humble but confident. 

THIS is what I need other people to understand!! My goodness lol 

1 minute ago, DeuceSixSuited said:

I get that Newton reloads. I completely understand this. They are a powerhouse. BUT you do not replace BARLOW and not lose a step. The one filling in is still really good I'm sure, but Barlow is the best RB I have seen in person. On all levels. I am not saying that Newton is not good anymore. I am simply saying that you can not just replace the 3 kids mentioned and not lose a step. 

Playing devil's advocate. Those three had to start somewhere, what if they are three more coming better than them. Will not know this till later in the year.

13 minutes ago, EAGLEFOREVER said:

Playing devil's advocate. Those three had to start somewhere, what if they are three more coming better than them. Will not know this till later in the year.

Pretty positive that when they were freshmen, everyone knew they were going to be that special. Come on now! Some people just have it

5 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I saw last year's wave of talent Newton had almost  10 years prior in pee wee football.   Everyone knew about it.  I didnt know those 3 by name, but I'm sure they were little ones on those earlier teams....

Newton produces play makers. It’s not just something that started. I remover a Anthony Byerly, Fred Kenebrew, James Boy, DJ Dean, Kevin Shorter. And I can name plenty more. That were just as good. Is a Newton thang and most wont understand 

Just now, NEagles95 said:

Last year our peewee flag team ran all over everybody except Silsbee. 

2016 Silsbee Pee Wee beat Newton. As a matter a fact that same kid From silsbee #2 was on that team. That’s the kid Silsbee need to coach up. I’m no Silsbee fan but that kid got pure talent. 

9 minutes ago, KB24 said:

2016 Silsbee Pee Wee beat Newton. As a matter a fact that same kid From silsbee #2 was on that team. That’s the kid Silsbee need to coach up. I’m no Silsbee fan but that kid got pure talent. 

Just found who that kid is. He related to James Boy and Thats Jerry McLemore class of 95 nephew. Wow. No wonder good. I’m definitely going to follow him. Well Silsbee. You just may have something with that kid. 😆