Newton vs Silsbee Who you got?

EAGLEFOREVER

10 hours ago, DeuceSixSuited said:

They were not a good team. They were a great team. 3A division 2 teams DO NOT lose 3 BIG TIME D1 athletes and just reload. Now, I still think Newton is one of the best 3a teams in the state. They might even win it again. That does not mean that they are still anywhere close to as good as last year. It is not possible. 

Newton have been loosing great players for years and still be great. The difference between Newton and other teams is they prepare to lose players. The players coming up are prepared to be just as great      This is why their program works. Yes WT is gone. But Drew has been groomed to take his place. Who do you think was coaching when WT was out sick?  And like any father. He passed it on. Newton will beat Silsbee again. 

6 minutes ago, Fast Turtle said:

Expect a great game to be played tonight. Newton put a thumping on Silsbee last year, but i think this game is decided by a score or two. I'm picking Newton to win 32-28.

It won’t be that close. No way Newton is giving up 28 points to a mediocre Silsbee team. 

29 minutes ago, KB24 said:

It won’t be that close. No way Newton is giving up 28 points to a mediocre Silsbee team. 

You could be absolutely correct and I hope that you are right. I am going into this game by looking at a really good Silsbee team going to the 5th round of the 4A playoffs last season. That has to speak for something. As we all know, they have great ball players and they will find the endzone. I would love to see Newton win by 3-4 touchdowns, but I am predicting a close battle only because I think Silsbee is much improved.

3 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

And there it is. True colors are shining thru.

Let me State what I know. Silsbee practices their Varsity against their Jv. They don’t run during practice. Therefore. They have no endurance and they measure their practice performance against a bunch of freshman. Who by they way they don’t focus on at all. Those boys are not getting the attention nor training they should if you expect them to be the future  face of the Tigers. So yes they are mediocre. I’m not speaking as a fan. When I watch a game I look at plays, coaching tendencies, players performance.  I don’t say a team is going to win because I’m a fan or from the area. Let’s keep it real. They could be better than they really are. And for their district they are. But this game will not be close. I could be wrong. We will see. 

1 hour ago, KB24 said:

This is the crap that makes me hate Newton Fan.  That "mediocre" Silsbee team was a state semi-finalist last year and lost practically nobody.  

Newton, on the other hand, lost three D1 players, no telling how many other good kids, the HC and the OC....

The only thing that I know for sure about Newton is that they have the most delusional fan base in the land. 

I'm personally hoping that Silsbee beats the brakes off of the Eagles so that their fans can go back into hiding until they get into the JV playoffs. 

3 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

This is the crap that makes me hate Newton Fan.  That "mediocre" Silsbee team was a state semi-finalist last year and lost practically nobody.  

Newton, on the other hand, lost three D1 players, no telling how many other good kids, the HC and the OC....

The only thing that I know for sure about Newton is that they have the most delusional fan base in the land. 

I'm personally hoping that Silsbee beats the brakes off of the Eagles so that their fans can go back into hiding until they get into the JV playoffs. 

Lol. Wishful thinking. 

Everyone talks about Newton lost this and that. Newton have been here before. For decades Newton has been a powerhouse team with good players. No not all went to D1 schools but that’s another subject. Could say something that will tarnish a man’s legacy. But won’t. Nevertheless they have had good players. They have lost a coach before. And year after year they do what they do, Play ball. So please get over the fact what they have lost because I guarantee they have. Whether you want to believe it or not. Newton has some Great players that are ready to step up and be the next Barlow, Foster, and Brown. And Drew will not be WT but he is ready to continue the Newton Tradition that his dad passed on to him. Word of advice stop focusing on what Newton don’t have and if you want to beat them focus on what they do have. 

11 minutes ago, KB24 said:

Everyone talks about Newton lost this and that. Newton have been here before. For decades Newton has been a powerhouse team with good players. No not all went to D1 schools but that’s another subject. Could say something that will tarnish a man’s legacy. But won’t. Nevertheless they have had good players. They have lost a coach before. And year after year they do what they do, Play ball. So please get over the fact what they have lost because I guarantee they have. Whether you want to believe it or not. Newton has some Great players that are ready to step up and be the next Barlow, Foster, and Brown. And Drew will not be WT but he is ready to continue the Newton Tradition that his dad passed on to him. Word of advice stop focusing on what Newton don’t have and if you want to beat them focus on what they do have. 

But y'all were spouting the same stupid crap when you started 0-3 in 2015.

It's like my brother-in-law that is carrying that "this is the Cowboy's year" every freaking year.  Even the year they started Quincy Carter.  "Man, have you seen them 'Boys?  This is our year!  Quincy Carter is something else!  We aren't even gonna notice that Aikman retired and Emmitt is in Arizona."

The sad fact of the matter is that I'm glad that you guys have football up there.  God Himself admits that he didn't give y'all anything else.  

20 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

It's like my brother-in-law that is carrying that "this is the Cowboy's year" every freaking year.  Even the year they started Quincy Carter.  "Man, have you seen them 'Boys?  This is our year!  Quincy Carter is something else!  We aren't even gonna notice that Aikman retired and Emmitt is in Arizona."

The sad fact of the matter is that I'm glad that you guys have football up there.  God Himself admits that he didn't give y'all anything else.  

This is not even worth a reply. But just because you think you know what you are talking about. Newton didn’t go 0-3 at the beginning of that season in 2015. They beat Tatum the first game and yes they lost four in a row. One being to a not so good BC. But they also went on to the third round of the playoffs that year. And that’s bouncing back from losing in the 2014 State championship. 

49 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I can see your frustration as it frustrates me as well. Newton has a great chance at beating every 3A team this season once again, but I see the next three games going either way for Newton. They are pretty loaded when speaking of starters, but there is no depth this year. A few injuries could ruin Newtons year. If starters are healthy, then they could possibly have another undefeated season. Time will tell. As a proud Newton fan, I am definitely not going into the next three games thinking Newton will win with ease. All three games will be very close, but the Eagles could definitely end up with a few losses here and that should not be frowned upon if so. We all know Newton is good, but we have to stay humble and realistic. 

36 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Wow. Hate much? 

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

Now I'm not saying it  will turn out this way because, 1- this is high school football and 2- I don't know enough about either team but if it turns out like he projected it are you going to give him a hug and apologize to him?

40 minutes ago, Fast Turtle said:

I can see your frustration as it frustrates me as well. Newton has a great chance at beating every 3A team this season once again, but I see the next three games going either way for Newton. They are pretty loaded when speaking of starters, but there is no depth this year. A few injuries could ruin Newtons year. If starters are healthy, then they could possibly have another undefeated season. Time will tell. As a proud Newton fan, I am definitely not going into the next three games thinking Newton will win with ease. All three games will be very close, but the Eagles could definitely end up with a few losses here and that should not be frowned upon if so. We all know Newton is good, but we have to stay humble and realistic. 

They could also go 3-0 in this stretch.  Like I said earlier, I like Newton's chances tonight better than I did before last week.  

I'm trying to decide if I feel like riding over to watch the game.  It should be a good, close one.