Newton vs Silsbee Who you got?

EAGLEFOREVER

6 hours ago, KB24 said:

Newton. Newton won 76-0 tonight.  Was up by 60 at halftime. 5 different RB scored and the passing game was on point. Williams looked pretty good. And of course Newton’s defense is not giving their opponents an inch. 

This was against a bad Kirbyville team to though let’s be honest. But I also still think Newton wins this one in a close game 

Liked what I saw from Newton vs Kirbyville. Passing game coming together. Running game hard to stop. The backs from Newton run Hard and the young #9 comes in and caps it off. Hard to bring down. Defense is on target .Once the receivers stop dropping the should have caught balls Newton will be hard to beat. Silsbee will be tough and the depth deficit Silsbee faced against PNG will be in their favor in this game. If there's a weakness in Newton its depth. They have to stay healthy. Newton's  got what it takes to 3peat. Just do it . I think Newton wins against Silsbee. 🏈🏈🏈peat👍

1 hour ago, aTmfan06 said:

This was against a bad Kirbyville team to though let’s be honest. But I also still think Newton wins this one in a close game 

Close game. We will see. Newton’s defense don’t give up many points. Regardless of who they play. If they give up 30 they have scored 60+. 

7 hours ago, EAGLEFOREVER said:

The defense is what I need to know about. This game should provide that information. A low scoring close game with either outcome would be a good indicator.

I had the same concern at the first of the year. After the Kirbyville game, I'm ok with the defense. What Ole Moe said worries me. Last night Jon Meek (I think he was doing the play by play) said Nate Williams was doing exceptionally well at throwing on the run, but if nobody can catch it you are a one demensional team. I was sure hoping they would find some pass catchers this year. We will see.

7 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I just cant gauge Newton right now.  With the big 3 gone, I just don't know about them.   The Kirbyville win is deceptive and I know Silsbee can score but are inexperienced  on defense...  this makes for a close game.  

Newton has had many big 3 in the past and still manage to come back. Never underestimate Newton. Loosing Barlow and Foster will not make that big of a difference. If teams think that, they have already lost.