Port Neches-Groves 48 Silsbee 35/FINAL

WOSgrad

5 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

So how much was Garth missed tonight? 

I did not attend the game.  Listened to the PN-G radio broadcast, only.  PN-G missed Garth.  According to the PN-G radio team, he will not return this year.  Texas will honor his verbal commitment.  He will heal-up, rehab, graduate, and focus on playing football in Austin.  PN-G will miss him.  Good size and athleticism, 2-years of experience, and a great teammate and friend to kids on the team.  Hard not to miss those great qualities.  All of that said, the Indians have to find the next man up.  In the 2nd half, the PN-G OL created some running lanes.  I heard the radio team mention the names Sasser, Dickerson, Callier, Lusauckis, Burt, and I am probably missing one or two other names.  Breaking News: PN-G will not go undefeated.  The Indians will have some growing pains.  They have several kids that are worth watching.  If the Indians avoid injuries, they should be a tough out in district.  Bost can throw the ball around the yard, there are a few good WRs, and a solid rotating group of RBs.  Remember the name Vaughn.  JR RB.  North/south runner and he runs with some meanness.  I like the Vaughn/Connor combo at RB.  Nice change of style at the RB spot.  Everyone likes to hammer the PN-G defense.  Per the radio team, the Indians were in position to make some stops, but the Silsbee RBs and WRs made some plays.  The Tigers wanted to win, too.  Their kids did not just roll over and let PN-G stop them.   You tip your cap to the other guys and recognize that they want to play well, too.  PN-G won because of depth.  The Indians wore down Silsbee in the second half.  The Tigers got tired and then turned the ball over.  For PN-G, @ Huntsville and home for Tomball may be some of the growing pains that I mentioned above.  Keep getting better Indians...stay away from injuries.  Bost and Vaughn are some nice pieces to the puzzle.  Just need to tighten up the secondary and keep playing hard on defense.

Go Indians.  Peace. 

59 minutes ago, 1989NDN said:

I did not attend the game.  Listened to the PN-G radio broadcast, only.  PN-G missed Garth.  According to the PN-G radio team, he will not return this year.  Texas will honor his verbal commitment.  He will heal-up, rehab, graduate, and focus on playing football in Austin.  PN-G will miss him.  Good size and athleticism, 2-years of experience, and a great teammate and friend to kids on the team.  Hard not to miss those great qualities.  All of that said, the Indians have to find the next man up.  In the 2nd half, the PN-G OL created some running lanes.  I heard the radio team mention the names Sasser, Dickerson, Callier, Lusauckis, Burt, and I am probably missing one or two other names.  Breaking News: PN-G will not go undefeated.  The Indians will have some growing pains.  They have several kids that are worth watching.  If the Indians avoid injuries, they should be a tough out in district.  Bost can throw the ball around the yard, there are a few good WRs, and a solid rotating group of RBs.  Remember the name Vaughn.  JR RB.  North/south runner and he runs with some meanness.  I like the Vaughn/Connor combo at RB.  Nice change of style at the RB spot.  Everyone likes to hammer the PN-G defense.  Per the radio team, the Indians were in position to make some stops, but the Silsbee RBs and WRs made some plays.  The Tigers wanted to win, too.  Their kids did not just roll over and let PN-G stop them.   You tip your cap to the other guys and recognize that they want to play well, too.  PN-G won because of depth.  The Indians wore down Silsbee in the second half.  The Tigers got tired and then turned the ball over.  For PN-G, @ Huntsville and home for Tomball may be some of the growing pains that I mentioned above.  Keep getting better Indians...stay away from injuries.  Bost and Vaughn are some nice pieces to the puzzle.  Just need to tighten up the secondary and keep playing hard on defense.

Go Indians.  Peace. 

Yep, I agree. The next two games are gonna be a good test. Huntsville brings a good defense, although they lost their big guy on d to graduation. Heard Tomboll is stout too. But hey, these are the guys you face in the playoffs if you make it. We'll see.

10 hours ago, ST413 said:

Exactly.....I knew we had the athletes to keep up at least until halftime.  I felt that the depth difference would show up somewhere during the third or fourth quarter.  When we started having all the cramps and obvious tired players you started seeing mistakes and plays that we just could no longer make..  As the year goes on and we get in better shape and those numbers level out we will be just fine.  Defense needs a little adjusting and we will need a little more variety in our passing game but we will get there and be just fine.  Next week will give us a good idea how we stack up against one of those powerhouse programs that wont have a numbers advantage. Keep working Tigers!!

I don't how Silsbee conditions their guys, but WOS has a brutal conditioning regimen. That is why they compete til the end with teams with depth. 

15 minutes ago, FrodoNDN said:

I don't how Silsbee conditions their guys, but WOS has a brutal conditioning regimen. That is why they compete til the end with teams with depth. 

Why is Silsbee's  conditioning in question  while playing a team that has over twice the number of kids and why are you comparing them to WO-S?

Just a few quick stats:

Silsbee                    PNG

Total Yds                    429                          436

Passing Yds              170                          171

Passing                      8/13/3/2                14/25/2/1

Rushing                     44-259                     33-265

Penalties                   11-110                     5-54

Turnovers                 3                                1

Individual stats

Passing

R. Foster      7/12/156/2/2      B. Bost   14/25/171/2/1

J. Briscoe    1/1/14/1/0

Rushing

D. Taylor     15-74 TD                Z. Hernandez   12-24 TD

A. Arline     13-94 TD                L. Vaughn            8-96 TD

C. Martin    11-61                     B. Bost                  7-62 TD

M. Jones     4-33                      D. Conner             6-83 TD

Receiving 

K. Cartwright  5-145 2TD       K. Wuenschel   5-105 TD  

Q. Kelly            1-14 TD           P. Proenza         3-26

J. Hunt            1-10                 Z. Hernandez    1-15 TD

Congrats PNG on a hard fought win. This was a good game to watch, PNG just had fresher leg in the end. Both offenses showed they could strike fast and grind it out, both defenses showed they can make the offense work for a yard but also need work to get off the field. The difference in this game was turnovers and penalties. At half time both were the same and the end of the game it was one sided. This was just a hard hitting, tough game that both teams can learn off of. Good luck the rest of the year PNG. TigerNation!!!

2 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Why is Silsbee's  conditioning in question  while playing a team that has over twice the number of kids and why are you comparing them to WO-S?

Because the team you are playing has nothing to do with your own guy’s cramping on the sideline. Silsbee players will play the same amount each game regardless of how many the opposing team has.

4 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Wow.  Didn't  expect Cartwright to be this good this early.  Definitly going to be great seeing this Foster/Cartwright connection! 

You thought I was joking when I said that connection would be a beast?  I'm not surprised at those two, btw the demise of the QB position at Silsbee concerning Foster was greatly exaggerated. 

14 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

You thought I was joking when I said that connection would be a beast?  I'm not surprised at those two, btw the demise of the QB position at Silsbee concerning Foster was greatly exaggerated. 

I was the one who started the conversation on the qb battle, and I asked the other day about who would step up at receiver. Both questions were answered last night for sure.

2 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Let's see if we cramp vs Lumberton 

Oh lord, you’re missing the point of what I’m saying. Playing against bigger teams doesn’t cause cramps. If they are cramping next week against Newton what will you say then? My point is, conditioning would be a concern of mine going forward.

6 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

What I am saying is in response to Silsbee being tired in the second half. I don't know what they do for conditioning but WOS always seems to last 4 quarters. Just comparing to depth of each team. If WOS can do it why can't Silsbee, all I am saying.

2 hours ago, L-Train11 said:

Oh lord, you’re missing the point of what I’m saying. Playing against bigger teams doesn’t cause cramps. If they are cramping next week against Newton what will you say then? My point is, conditioning would be a concern of mine going forward.

Conditioning is a factor for sure... 

Its the first game and playing both ways the whole game against a team that requires your best athletes to stay on the field reveals the gaps between 100% conditioned and 90% conditioned. 

It will always be a concern when dealing with athletes....

I find it hard to believe that Silsbee is the only team that has leg cramps. It wont be a concern going forward, never is in  my opinion. 

1 hour ago, Silsbee92 said:

Conditioning is a factor for sure... 

Its the first game and playing both ways the whole game against a team that requires your best athletes to stay on the field reveals the gaps between 100% conditioned and 90% conditioned. 

It will always be a concern when dealing with athletes....

I find it hard to believe that Silsbee is the only team that has leg cramps. It wont be a concern going forward, never is in  my opinion. 

You are correct, and the only reason I brought it up was because literally at one point all three backs were on the sideline cramping. I just found it odd. Of course Taylor has been out all year so that’s expected with him.