Port Neches-Groves 48 Silsbee 35/FINAL

WOSgrad

I think what has happened here was predicted. Depth hurt Silsbee. Get tired and mistakes happen. Not to take anything from our guys. They've done very well and I am excited to see this offense this year. I knew we had some talent at RB. Bost looks good too. Defense needs work, but that's not unusual. Silbee's monster backfield will dominate

21 minutes ago, FrodoNDN said:

I think what has happened here was predicted. Depth hurt Silsbee. Get tired and mistakes happen. Not to take anything from our guys. They've done very well and I am excited to see this offense this year. I knew we had some talent at RB. Bost looks good too. Defense needs work, but that's not unusual. Silbee's monster backfield will dominate

Exactly.....I knew we had the athletes to keep up at least until halftime.  I felt that the depth difference would show up somewhere during the third or fourth quarter.  When we started having all the cramps and obvious tired players you started seeing mistakes and plays that we just could no longer make..  As the year goes on and we get in better shape and those numbers level out we will be just fine.  Defense needs a little adjusting and we will need a little more variety in our passing game but we will get there and be just fine.  Next week will give us a good idea how we stack up against one of those powerhouse programs that wont have a numbers advantage. Keep working Tigers!!

27 minutes ago, Honest_Oiler said:

Where was the play at? Did the runners knee's buckle? Too many people are quick to call out horse collar.

Here is a definition of a horse collar tackle from a sports website

What is Horse Collar Tackle?

A type of football tackle where the tackling player grabs the opening of the jersey and/or shoulder pads on a player's back and pulls them to the ground.

Which is exactly what i saw. Was it a dirty play....i definitely did not think so.  I just think he was making the play.  

15 minutes ago, ST413 said:

Here is a definition of a horse collar tackle from a sports website

What is Horse Collar Tackle?

A type of football tackle where the tackling player grabs the opening of the jersey and/or shoulder pads on a player's back and pulls them to the ground.

Which is exactly what i saw. Was it a dirty play....i definitely did not think so.  I just think he was making the play.  

Reason I asked where the play took place is that if they were in the "Tackle Box" or if it was the QB in the pocket, the horse collar rule doesn't apply. 

Well I came back to Silsbee since our game got cancelled. My two cents: Silsbee run offense looked good as expected, passing looked pretty good as well. Defensively they need to tackle much better. And when they put Matin/Arline/Taylor in the secondary in the second half it helped, but seemed to hurt them as well (cramps for all three late in the third quarter and fourth). The strength of this team coming in was the fresh legs at running back with the three headed monster, but that’s not gonna happen when they are all playing defense.

im sure the coaching staff will work out the kinks. I don’t think they will see another QB like Bost for a while.

33 minutes ago, PNGFaithful said:

I thought we wouldn’t be able to score this Year without Hihnson?

You mean Johnson right?  

Offense is literally never an issue at Png besides that one random year way back, the issue was D.