West Orange-Stark 21 Nederland 20/FINAL

WOSgrad

Just now, Gasilla said:

WOS actually has 3 good kickers right now. Ibarra, of course. Santos the punter is also a great kicker and the freshman you are asking about (who is a Soph now) is the kicker for the JV. He'd be on the varsity for most teams. Feast or famine over here. The kicking game is in as good of shape as it has EVER been.

Well heck they definitely need to send us one! Lol

16 minutes ago, Realville said:

Yes they do and he can boot it! They actually have two good kickers. I wish we could get one of them from them Lol! Ours transferred to Kelly and our starting QB transferred to PNG a few weeks ago.

Who from VHS transferred to PN-G?  Thanks.

Go Indians.  Peace.

I was impressed with Ned's running game, passing game and their defense. I think they will be very solid this year. 

I was impressed with same for WOS, but most impressed with their heart. I saw more heart last night than I did all of last season. To have 3 turnovers, several mishandled balls and have a come from behind 4th qtr win in a hostile environment is a pretty good deal.

37 minutes ago, Gasilla said:

WOS actually has 3 good kickers right now. Ibarra, of course. Santos the punter is also a great kicker and the freshman you are asking about (who is a Soph now) is the kicker for the JV. He'd be on the varsity for most teams. Feast or famine over here. The kicking game is in as good of shape as it has EVER been.

The kid you’re referring to is a junior also not sophomore 

1 hour ago, Gasilla said:

I was impressed with Ned's running game, passing game and their defense. I think they will be very solid this year. 

I was impressed with same for WOS, but most impressed with their heart. I saw more heart last night than I did all of last season. To have 3 turnovers, several mishandled balls and have a come from behind 4th qtr win in a hostile environment is a pretty good deal.

Agree on all points. WO-S' three turnovers nearly cost us the game, but the way they hung in and came back in the 4th after giving up the lead showed guts. If they had not taken a knee and run out the clock at the end (which was the right thing to do), I think WO-S scores again. Many good signs for the Mustangs going forward. The Chain Gang is back to the level of play that dropped off some last year, our QB showed patience and accuracy, the receiving corps had better hands than what showed in the scrimmages, the O-line shined, and how about the kicking game? Wow. Two of WO-S' rotating tailbacks were not suited up, so Gales (#41) carried a heavy load going both ways and still getting 100+ yards rushing. That young man does not go down easy. Only a sophomore. 

I expected a hard fought game because after all this was Nederland, it was at their place, and what I saw in their scrimmages impressed me. This was one of the better Nederland teams we've seen in a good while. We've seen Vidor, PNG, and Nederland up close and Nederland looks the best of the three. The running game will carry them and their passing looks decent enough to give them a good balance. Their D was good, as well. 

I'm glad Ned is getting turf. That field was a sloppy mess before the game even started. 

10 hours ago, jake94 said:

Great ballgame.

WOS came out firing and controlled the first half. The Dogs settled in and played very well in 2nd half. The high snap on the XP was huge and trying a 44 yard FG on a wet field is not smart on 4th and 5 imo. That turned the game around. Chain Gang is for real. Ned offense is exciting to watch. Fuseleier and both RBs look great for the Dogs. Ned dropped what looked like it might have been a TD on a slant route with under 3 to play. Both teams look very good to me. Good luck the rest of the way to the Stangs and congrats on a hard fought win.

That slant route was a great play call because it was a play action using their best running play formation, then throwing to the opposite side into the slot and it nearly worked, but #40 from WO-S deflected the ball. I'm sure you'll see that one break a few big plays for Ned in future games. In last year's game, both Ned and WO-S looked like average teams IMO. Much improvement for both teams at the starting point this time around. That was a playoff-like quality game. 

33 minutes ago, griff said:

Agree on all points. WO-S' three turnovers nearly cost us the game, but the way they hung in and came back in the 4th after giving up the lead showed guts. If they had not taken a knee and run out the clock at the end (which was the right thing to do), I think WO-S scores again. Many good signs for the Mustangs going forward. The Chain Gang is back to the level of play that dropped off some last year, our QB showed patience and accuracy, the receiving corps had better hands than what showed in the scrimmages, the O-line shined, and how about the kicking game? Wow. Two of WO-S' rotating tailbacks were not suited up, so Gales (#41) carried a heavy load going both ways and still getting 100+ yards rushing. That young man does not go down easy. Only a sophomore. 

I expected a hard fought game because after all this was Nederland, it was at their place, and what I saw in their scrimmages impressed me. This was one of the better Nederland teams we've seen in a good while. We've seen Vidor, PNG, and Nederland up close and Nederland looks the best of the three. The running game will carry them and their passing looks decent enough to give them a good balance. Their D was good, as well. 

I'm glad Ned is getting turf. That field was a sloppy mess before the game even started. 

The field was in midseason form

So, on the WOS drive that put them ahead, did anyone else notice the guy that walked over to the middle section and tried to quiet the crowd?  Something to the effect of “calm down, we have the ball....we are being too noisy”.  Then turned and told the cheerleaders to quit cheering during the offensive drive.  They did so....and looked very confused.

24 minutes ago, JagMarine95 said:

I was present at this one......for the rest of the season #41 needs to have 20-25 carries a game. FEED HIM THE ROCK 

The problem is he starts both ways. If one of the younger rovers step up on defense he want have to play as many snaps on defense.its early and I think someone will give coach T what they're looking for. Bcz on both Nederland long runs the rovers were out of position.but they need that tough minded opponent that if u make a mistake and they will take it to the house.and it's what Nederland done.this non district schedule will benefit them bf they face silsbee with all them backs.

I believe WOS is much improved this year especially at the QB position.  The most impressive thing I saw from them was their heart.  For the dogs I believe they will continue to get better as the season goes on. Staying healthy is always been key for Nederland. If QB play and tackling improves I think the dogs can have a real good year. Their running game was good and will get better. I feel like they were getting a little over 5 yards a carry against a pretty good defense. Hopefully WOS is on the schedule next year!

On 8/31/2019 at 3:46 PM, dj said:

The problem is he starts both ways. If one of the younger rovers step up on defense he want have to play as many snaps on defense.its early and I think someone will give coach T what they're looking for. Bcz on both Nederland long runs the rovers were out of position.but they need that tough minded opponent that if u make a mistake and they will take it to the house.and it's what Nederland done.this non district schedule will benefit them bf they face silsbee with all them backs.

Its all about conditioning. There are are players across the state that carry heavy workloads on both sides of the ball and barley come off the field. Especially at the 2A 3A and sometimes 4A level