Beaumont West Brook 56 Houston Bellaire 35/FINAL

WOSgrad

12 minutes ago, 82 5A State Champs said:

I only stayed for the first half, so my opinion may be skewed a little. If someone told me that Yeoman was the best option at QB, I would say there's no way. His passes were way off target, he gives away his passing direction due to him centering on one receiver, instead of making his check downs, and he runs like he's got cinder blocks attached to his feet. Once again, the offense lacked spark with him under center. When Bryce came in for a series, his running ability definitely brings another dynamic that Yeoman doesnt posses, and he marched the offense right down field, and scored. Yes, it was the first game, but there's alot of work that needs to be done if #14 is going to remain the starter. That being said he must have made some improvements in the second half, because Brook poured on the points. However, the defense wasnt on point, because we gave up 35 points to a team that we shut out 55-0, last year. IMO, give the reins to Bryce Anderson, let him grow, as he definitely gives West Brook the best chance to win. Much improvement needs to be made, as Strake Jesuit is going to bring their A game, next week.

From what I'm told by two reliable sources,  Belaire is a lot better than last year with real speed and size in the trenches and WB had some defensive assignment breakdowns, which lead to a couple of scoring drives for Belaire.  Also, you were there for a half, but I heard Yowman was on the money in the second half.  Yea, he cant run, but that kid can throw that rock.  Once that young Defense grows up and the DC gets it together, Brook will peak a couple of games into district.  They'll be fine.

2 hours ago, 82 5A State Champs said:

I only stayed for the first half, so my opinion may be skewed a little. If someone told me that Yeoman was the best option at QB, I would say there's no way. His passes were way off target, he gives away his passing direction due to him centering on one receiver, instead of making his check downs, and he runs like he's got cinder blocks attached to his feet. Once again, the offense lacked spark with him under center. When Bryce came in for a series, his running ability definitely brings another dynamic that Yeoman doesnt posses, and he marched the offense right down field, and scored. Yes, it was the first game, but there's alot of work that needs to be done if #14 is going to remain the starter. That being said he must have made some improvements in the second half, because Brook poured on the points. However, the defense wasnt on point, because we gave up 35 points to a team that we shut out 55-0, last year. IMO, give the reins to Bryce Anderson, let him grow, as he definitely gives West Brook the best chance to win. Much improvement needs to be made, as Strake Jesuit is going to bring their A game, next week.

Troy was on point from mid 2nd quarter on. 

Just now, 82 5A State Champs said:

May be, but he still runs like a fat kid dodging a red ball. With him in the game, the offense is one dimensional, with no run chances. 

He's not a runner, he's a pocket passer. If the OL does their job the offense runs itself. WB has RBs to tote the rock. 

14 hours ago, 82 5A State Champs said:

May be, but he still runs like a fat kid dodging a red ball. With him in the game, the offense is one dimensional, with no run chances. 

Yowman threw for at least 200 yards and 3 TDs and it could have easily been double that. The offense is more balanced than its has been for years. With this kid in at QB the entire field has to be defended by the opposing defense. The early issues with the offense was OC trying to pound the ball into a 8 and 9 man front. 

22 hours ago, West Brook said:

Can anyone help me understand him playing kids both was in a non district game.And wouldn't play them in the State Game

He had Johnson and Pierre playing CB and FS for a series to see how that would work. He let Johnson play CB in spots throught the playoffs and in the State championship game.

55 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

A QB that goes 23-29 for 304 yards and 4 TD's in a win is not good enough? SMH

I know right 

It’s cause fans got used to lray for the last 3 years.  And the excitement he brought cause it was more spontaneous.

as long as the oline does its job then Wb will win as far as regular season goes

the true test will be against ns  

possibly lamar could be a test