New Caney 28 Crosby 8/FINAL

WOSgrad

18 minutes ago, Football Freak said:

Man, New Caney is playing pretty good ball right now. I knew Crosby was gonna be down a little bit, but I didn't expect this game to be this lopsided. I figured it would be much closer.

I’m not taking anything away from New Caney, they have a good team, but.....Crosby was playing with a 3rd string QB who is the starting RB.  Also, Crosby dropped 3 long, wide open passes that would have been TDs.  This would have changed the game entirely.  I was however disappointed in Crosby’s overall lack of enthusiasm and play throughout the game. Tough game next with Manvel. 

27 minutes ago, CCRed said:

I’m not taking anything away from New Caney, they have a good team, but.....Crosby was playing with a 3rd string QB who is the starting RB.  Also, Crosby dropped 3 long, wide open passes that would have been TDs.  This would have changed the game entirely.  I was however disappointed in Crosby’s overall lack of enthusiasm and play throughout the game. Tough game next with Manvel. 

I agree. Crosby had a dropped touchdown on the 1st play of the game. Hit the receiver in the hands and he dropped it. Another one two plays later. I've never seen a Crosby team that didn't have at least one sure handed WR. Even with the starting QB playing I'm unsure how that corrects the lack of catching issue. Long season for the Cougars! 

I know Crosby fans are disappointed with not even being able to break double digits for the first time since 2012(Rio’s first game), but look at the bright side. The 8 points Crosby scored on New Caney is probably 8 more than Prieto will be able to dial up in Brazoria County tomorrow. 

On the flip side I think the district is still weak enough to win. Probably not a good thing if you want Prieto gone though. With Crosby about to turn in an enrollment over 1,900 I would imagine this is the only year he has a shot at having a respectable record before the school board starts to hear rumbling. Was in Frisco watching my son play yesterday and you truly get the grasp of how far away the 5A schools in this coverage area are.