WOSgrad

Magnolia 35 Barbers Hill 10/FINAL

Recommended Posts

1

Keep the updates coming. Magnolia is a tough team I was hoping the Eagles could hang with them, but they return a ton and 3 of the O-line I read all have FBS offers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

End of the 3rd.Mag 21 BH 10... Since last update Eagles stuff Mag on a 4th and 3rd near the goaline.. BH gets taged for a horse collar  and the Eagles recover a Fumble deep in their territory. BH just punted to Mag to end the 3rd. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, BHEagles said:

Just saying hope this isn’t another long season with a over priced coach. 

if it isn't this one it will be the next over priced coach :) 1st game of the year against a good team. I just hope the coaches got to see what they wanted and make adjustments as we move to district. I still have confidence in this staff and if they can get through a season with out the injury bug I think they can compete for the DC. Mag returned 6/6 from last years team which I think put a similar whoopin on us not to mention they are DIV 1 5A and play in a tough district with Lufkin and College Station and still are picked to finish 3rd.  My Point is that they returned a good team with a QB that earned new comer of the year and an O line with 3 going to the next level. BH is starting over this season with new QB/RB and lost some beef on the line from last year. BH will get it going and I expect we will see a better showing from the Eagles next week against a much weaker Montgomery team. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/31/2019 at 12:43 AM, BHEagles said:

Just saying hope this isn’t another long season with a over priced coach. 

They have a great staff at BH, and they pay everyone in their district more than other districts so why do you have to hate on coaches that make a little more money.  It's not like they're taking food off your table.  I'm generally happy for people when the make a good salary and work hard for it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest ECBucFan
2 hours ago, RidinTheRange said:

They have a great staff at BH, and they pay everyone in their district more than other districts so why do you have to hate on coaches that make a little more money.  It's not like they're taking food off your table.  I'm generally happy for people when the make a good salary and work hard for it.

Well, lets be real here. When a state wide search is conducted and high dollars are paid for THE biggest name (plus family) in HS football, its given higher expectations will follow. That should not surprise anyone. Simply "competing" for the local district is a pretty low bar. That could have been done with any number of local candidates at a reduced price. But who know, the season is barely underway. BH may very well win the district and make a deep run. I hope so.  

Don't call me a "hater" for just seeing the obvious. I am definitly not a "hater", I want all Chambers Co. schools to do well.      

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ECBucFan said:

Well, lets be real here. When a state wide search is conducted and high dollars are paid for THE biggest name (plus family) in HS football, its given higher expectations will follow. That should not surprise anyone. Simply "competing" for the local district is a pretty low bar. That could have been done with any number of local candidates at a reduced price. But who know, the season is barely underway. BH may very well win the district and make a deep run. I hope so.  

Don't call me a "hater" for just seeing the obvious. I am definitly not a "hater", I want all Chambers Co. schools to do well.      

Most of the BH people I know are happy with just making the playoffs. I don’t get it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, ECBucFan said:

Well, lets be real here. When a state wide search is conducted and high dollars are paid for THE biggest name (plus family) in HS football, its given higher expectations will follow. That should not surprise anyone. Simply "competing" for the local district is a pretty low bar. That could have been done with any number of local candidates at a reduced price. But who know, the season is barely underway. BH may very well win the district and make a deep run. I hope so.  

Don't call me a "hater" for just seeing the obvious. I am definitly not a "hater", I want all Chambers Co. schools to do well.      

I think BHisd is thinking more long term than just these first few seasons.  BH was much like Allen when Coach Westerberg began there, just a little blip on a major highway with huge expectant growth and the intent to stay a one horse town for the community.  I believe they sought him out because the admin understood the commonalities of the situations and Coach Westerberg had proven that he knew how to turn it into a big time winner.  Not saying that BH will ever get as large as Allen eventually became, but the current football staff has proven it knows how turn a growing community into a powerhouse!  It would be cool if he can do it again,  and I wouldn't bet against him!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, RidinTheRange said:

I think BHisd is thinking more long term than just these first few seasons.  BH was much like Allen when Coach Westerberg began there, just a little blip on a major highway with huge expectant growth and the intent to stay a one horse town for the community.  I believe they sought him out because the admin understood the commonalities of the situations and Coach Westerberg had proven that he knew how to turn it into a big time winner.  Not saying that BH will ever get as large as Allen eventually became, but the current football staff has proven it knows how turn a growing community into a powerhouse!  It would be cool if he can do it again,  and I wouldn't bet against him!

How long does he get?  I posted the following 2 years ago:

"Well....I think he can coach a varsity football team.  I am a big fan of what I have seen as far as the athletic department.  But...this is a different path.  TW was an offensive coordinator/assistant coach for some years at Allen until he was promoted to HC in 2004.  He was working under his mentor and then took over a position he was groomed to lead.  And he had tremendous success.  That isn't what he is doing at BH.  He is stepping into the shoes of somebody else that he probably has no connection with. (I have no idea).  This is a different process.  And at this price point, do you think there is enough patience to allow TW to figure it out?

If BH goes 2-7 this year (a real possibility) and then 4- 6 next year (not likely) then the shine will have worn off.  Pressure may mount to see somebody else come in.

Barbers Hill checks the boxes for resources and facilities.  No expense has been spared for the AD/Head Coach.  A professional coach is in the business of winning.  TW earned a spot at this high paying table with his past history of success.  He can't eat there forever without picking up the bill with W's.  No coach can.  

Every team has bad breaks.  Every team has injuries, blind refs, rainstorms, broken buses, and The Flash just enrolled at your crosstown rival.  The Head Coaches employment status will be by Wins and Losses.  

I am a wuss, I love a good turnaround story.  The more success he has then the more great experiences and life lessons those kids have.  I wish them all Good Luck and God Bless."

BH went 8-2 in 2016, 6-3 in 2017, 6-3 in 2018 for the regular season.

I have asked the question before and I am not trying to stir up anything,  

How long does he get?

Does BH need to win district this year?  Playoffs? Winning record?  

I think the money and prestige matters.

When do the BH faithful say "This may not be working out"?

I have an answer in my head but I am curious of the answer of some of the BH posters.

Cheers!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...


  • Member Statistics

    42,898
    Total Members
    1,837
    Most Online
    Ls19214
    Newest Member
    Ls19214
    Joined
×
  • Create New...