Katy 24 Galena Park North Shore 21/FINAL

WOSgrad

3 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

They had a whole halftime to hydrate more. They sure looked hydrated up 21-7. Katy adjustments were phenomenal in the 2nd half. 

That's exactly what it was, 2nd half adjustments. Atheletes all over the field, but coaching and preparation prevailed. No doubt, Katy earned that one. But will they meet again?

1 minute ago, Tigers94 said:

So does West Brook have a chance now? Or is North Shore gonna be really pissed the rest of the year and take it out on everyone else.

I think this will get NS attention now, but we don't know how good WB will be at that time. Whole lotta weeks in between. Regardless it should be a fun game, btw from someone inside the program: Banks might be back WB week. 

Just got back, great game big crowd. Actually if Katy hadn’t mistackled on the two big north shore plays, hitch td from 85 out-2missed tackles at point of catch and kickoff return by north shore on pooch kick with several missed tackles on athletic run, the tigers would have won by 17 or so. Katy’s offensive line would challenge the bill o brian Texan offensive line right now. Their defensive line also dominated especially in the second half. The grind it out old school offense with play action passes will go undefeated again until November in reliant when they meet up with North shore again. Katy will get better as the season goes, but to only a certain percent. They were better organized, more discipline, and in better shape than a much younger north shore squad.

now north shore showed , what I thought , a great ,deep defense. In the first half alone Katy’s offensive line forced 3 def lineman to leave the game and not return. So the second half was played with a majority back up d lineman. Even though Katy controlled the second half, north shore defense kept them out of the end zone in a bend but don’t break effort. North shore defense has the potential to be as good as last years. Their offense needs experience in the o line and tonight will serve as a big teaching tool for coach Kay and staff. They need their injured stud receiver back. The offense like the d will improve. 

Unless major injuries inflict these two teams, their rematch in November will be epic. But as an old coach said, it’s a long season. But what a great way to open it up for the whole country to see this marvelous spectacle called Texas high school football. 

9 minutes ago, coach bear said:

Just got back, great game big crowd. Actually if Katy hadn’t mistackled on the two big north shore plays, hitch td from 85 out-2missed tackles at point of catch and kickoff return by north shore on pooch kick with several missed tackles on athletic run, the tigers would have won by 17 or so. Katy’s offensive line would challenge the bill o brian Texan offensive line right now. Their defensive line also dominated especially in the second half. The grind it out old school offense with play action passes will go undefeated again until November in reliant when they meet up with North shore again. Katy will get better as the season goes, but to only a certain percent. They were better organized, more discipline, and in better shape than a much younger north shore squad.

now north shore showed , what I thought , a great ,deep defense. In the first half alone Katy’s offensive line forced 3 def lineman to leave the game and not return. So the second half was played with a majority back up d lineman. Even though Katy controlled the second half, north shore defense kept them out of the end zone in a bend but don’t break effort. North shore defense has the potential to be as good as last years. Their offense needs experience in the o line and tonight will serve as a big teaching tool for coach Kay and staff. They need their injured stud receiver back. The offense like the d will improve. 

Unless major injuries inflict these two teams, their rematch in November will be epic. But as an old coach said, it’s a long season. But what a great way to open it up for the whole country to see this marvelous spectacle called Texas high school football. 

I don’t think NS was prepared for that Hoff kid. To put up over 200yds on NS is amazing. 

1 hour ago, D3zii said:

Gary had a great game plan...that offense will wear the best defenses down in the 4th. 

Congratulations to Katy 

P.S I always kinda thought Duncanville will be the team to beat this season 

I think it’s way too early to be talking bout the team to beat. I definitely agree that Duncanville is one of if not the best team in 6A, but 6A D1 is just so dang serious! I mean serious! 

6 minutes ago, Uncle Pig said:

I think it’s way too early to be talking bout the team to beat. I definitely agree that Duncanville is one of if not the best team in 6A, but 6A D1 is just so dang serious! I mean serious! 

Yea I hear you but it wa just a lil preseason prediction