Youth baseball

MikeN82ndABN

Concurrently im trying to get my son who is 10 atm into fall ball. We live in vidor, we tried the whole old hwy 90 baseball fields and unfortunately, they don't have their shit together.  They told everyone that they would have everything setup before fall ball registration was closed for piranhas or marauders baseball in the event that there wasn't enough signups we could go there for registration... (Sigh)... well they finally contacted us yesterday and told us there wasn't enough players so it was being dissolved. In from what I understand fall ball registration for piranhas and marauders is over.  My son really loves baseball, but now he can't play because of a few idiot's don't know wtf they're doing. So does anyone have any suggestions as to where he can play for fall? Or does he have to wait till spring? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

On top of that, I'm really not really too confident in vidor old hwy 90 anymore and kind of don't want him to play there next year anyways.  The games are almost rigged, by rigged I mean umpires who don't know baseball rules i.e. a kid who made no attempt to swing at the ball got hit in the hand so hard there was a blood blister immediately.  The umpire called a strike. On top of that, that particular umpire was so biased about who he was umping for, other teams had no chance.  I watched a kid slide home touch the plate before the catcher had the ball and he called the kid out. There was one umpire who was the base umpire, he was too busy fucking with his shades when the kid on our team wad going to tag a kid or at second, he ran into the umpire (at this point the umpire should have called dead ball, runner goes back to second, play is reestablished), but they said the umpire is a part of the field and it wad the pitchers fault (not the stupid pos who was to busy dicking with his shades instead of paying attentions fault) and awarded the runner 3rd base (mind you the kid was almost tagged when the umpire got in the way). Then there was the issue of all stars.  Now I know some of you may say, well it's your kid of course you feel he got robbed, well let me explain.  My son was the most consistent batter on the team, he got at least one hit per game while the other kids never swung or hit the ball when they did swing. The day of all star announcement, I watched two kids who never hit the ball, never caught the ball or pitched worth a damn got to go while there was several other kids outside of my son (was my son's first year, so I realize he has to pay his dues) but the other kids were phenomenal and wasn't chosen because their parents weren't on the board or coaches.  I watched one kid who was spectacular, cried cause he knew he deserved it.  Hell I knew he deserved it. The bullshit behind old hwy 90 is a joke. I really don't want my son(s) exposed to this kind of bigotry. Im fair, and i wish i had control over that field cause nothing pisses me off more then a bunch of adults who get together to only support their friends.  This is why vidor allstars loses each year cause they don't get good players, just "hey it's my friends son, and i love my friend so his kids get allstars, doesn't matter they can't field, can't hit, can't pitch, his mom and dad are my friends. I don't care if i hurt another kids emotions, self esteem or future career, just for the sake of keeping my friend" mentality. It's no longer Protect Our Nation's Youth (PONY) it's protect our friends feelings.  it's all about who you know versus what you can do, and I don't know anyone, I left the area in '99 to join the army, I have no friends since I've been back, and really have no time for friends as im always working, my kids are my friends. But I digress... anyone have any suggestions of where we can go for a better experience?

I know I am going on a rant.  It's just baseball is my passion, and it's now my son's passion and I want to help that blossom into something great, he's a great batter with one hell of an eye for the ball. His throwing and catching need some work. But I've been working with him daily on throwing and catching, practice hitting when it's not raining or wet and this Friday we're going to showtime sports in vidor to do batting drills.