Shug playing running back......

FrodoNDN

36 minutes ago, PA4Real said:

I knew it would happen.   Smh. Too many 3 to 5 star players not playing at these Power 5's, but NFL players come from everywhere. 

From what I've read is that he wants to play and they need him. He ask the coaches to move him there so he could play. They have had crucial injuries in the running back position.  His future as QB is still there and they are working on his mechanics, but gotta respect a kid who is a team player. They have him weighing in at 223 right now which is good size. 

55 minutes ago, BruinGrad87 said:

#6 Dual Threat QB coming out.... cmon now...

#12 in the nation is definitely good but the fact is he's the third option at QB right now and it may get worse next year when Hudson Card the #3 ranked dual threat in the 2020 class and the Duncanville QB Ja'quinden Jackson the #3 ranked athlete in that same class show up at UT. If he wants playing time and if they need him at running back then so be it but unless the guys ahead of him get injured I don't see him getting much playing time at quarterback.

16 minutes ago, PAT409 said:

#12 in the nation is definitely good but the fact is he's the third option at QB right now and it may get worse next year when Hudson Card the #3 ranked dual threat in the 2020 class and the Duncanville QB Ja'quinden Jackson the #3 ranked athlete in that same class show up at UT. If he wants playing time and if they need him at running back then so be it but unless the guys ahead of him get injured I don't see him getting much playing time at quarterback.

I doubt he'll be able to redshirt now. Hopefully he stays healthy at RB. 

43 minutes ago, PAT409 said:

Someone hits the Portal.

I'll probably get roasted for this but here it goes...

I think Roschon was an excellent 5A-II football player, but not good enough to play at National College Powerhouse, like UT is becoming again.  I think he was in a very well coached system that featured him, but when they got to teams from areas with better athletes it was evident that he was just one among many good players.

I loved watching the kid play his heart every week the chances I got to see him, but this is my opinion (As I often say... I hope I'm wrong).

Nothing personal... Fire Away!!!

UT has very little depth at RB right now. Starter Keontay Ingram true Soph, 2nd team Jordan Whittington is a true Freshman are both good to go week 1.

3rd team Daniel Jones has ankle injury, 4th string Kirk Johnson has a shoulder injury that will keep him out for a while.  One of their freshman RB recruits  Derrian Brown had a stroke during his senior year, so he is out for the season as well. Walkon Jarrett Smith out for first game.

I hope this isn't a permanent move, but Shug is electric. UT's freshman this year have a chance to really show out.

Wait one min..... WHAT MOST HATED POSTER PREDICTED THIS WOULD HAPPEN LOOOONG AGO??? Pakronos right again!!! Now, I get it. Kid is playing at a power 5 getting his education, which is the goal. If he was gonna be a qb at the next level... U of H would have been the place. Wow lol... TOLD YALL SO!!  And to clarify I never said he wouldn’t play... I said he would be no qb

2 hours ago, BruinGrad87 said:

#12 in the nation isn't good? Sheesh GTFO

This is the hidden content, please

First, I agree he was a hell of a HS Qb

UT has - probably 5,6,7 etc...Qbs just as highly touted, if not higher.

Not knocking Johnson but like Steve Wooster said At UT everyone is all state or all American etc...multiply that by 4 classes- lots of talent

8 minutes ago, pakronos said:

Wait one min..... WHAT MOST HATED POSTER PREDICTED THIS WOULD HAPPEN LOOOONG AGO??? Pakronos right again!!! Now, I get it. Kid is playing at a power 5 getting his education, which is the goal. If he was gonna be a qb at the next level... U of H would have been the place. Wow lol... TOLD YALL SO!!  And to clarify I never said he wouldn’t play... I said he would be no qb

I knew you were getting ready to fly in here man. I just told Soulja you been quiet today. 

10 minutes ago, pakronos said:

Yes, sir... I recall you saying that.  I was predicting a move to WR.

They had 2 RB'S available and they were banged up. They called him in for temporary move to RB because of all of the injuries. They said it would be for an emergency only.  They said this would not be permanent and it would not hurt his growth at QB. Herman said once the season begins the#3 QB don't get many reps. They will see him play as the #3 rb and on special teams for 4 games then decide if they want to redshirt him. Monday he went in and told them he didn't want to be used as an emergency that he was all in and wanted to play RB if that would help the team. So now they said he will get some carries against Tech. Now who is to say he don't do very well and they keep him at RB. This is not a knock on him at QB so for the ones saying I told you so. Everyone knew he would not play QB for at least 2 years at UT. Honestly you could put him on defense and he would excel. He is a stud athlete and the coaches want him on the field. They still see him as there future QB  from what Herman said in his podcast yesterday.

17 minutes ago, Eagle91 said:

They had 2 RB'S available and they were banged up. They called him in for temporary move to RB because of all of the injuries. They said it would be for an emergency only.  They said this would not be permanent and it would not hurt his growth at QB. Herman said once the season begins the#3 QB don't get many reps. They will see him play as the #3 rb and on special teams for 4 games then decide if they want to redshirt him. Monday he went in and told them he didn't want to be used as an emergency that he was all in and wanted to play RB if that would help the team. So now they said he will get some carries against Tech. Now who is to say he don't do very well and they keep him at RB. This is not a knock on him at QB so for the ones saying I told you so. Everyone knew he would not play QB for at least 2 years at UT. Honestly you could put him on defense and he would excel. He is a stud athlete and the coaches want him on the field. They still see him as there future QB  from what Herman said in his podcast yesterday.

I understand fully what you're saying and I heard the same words from Herman myself..

Also i understand and know that all coaches fabricate things(lie) to kids in the moment of conversations like this . Only time will tell

51 minutes ago, Eagle91 said:

Heck, put Shug at any position on the field & he will shine.  Natural athlete & incredible hard worker.  That kid just wants to play.  His , God given talent & attention to detail, as well as his physical ability,  will see him through!

2 hours ago, pakronos said:

I agree you did, but they have not moved him from QB, they are using him at running back for now. I think he wanted the move. From my understanding from his buddies is that he wants to play now and does not care where. And it does make sense because I don't think he'd see the field in the next two years if Sam stays healthy. I don't see Sam leaving early. They are still working with his mechanics which is not unusual for a freshman QB. Shug is always going to be a competitor for what ever position he is in. He just has that over the top mental ability to maintain focus. He has great leadership abilities.....and now 6'2" and 220+, should be interesting...