Pasadena Dobie at Beaumont United Scrimmage/Post comments here

WOSgrad

29 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I just got home from this scrimmage and I have some observations.

#1.  Dobie blitz every other down.  And I mean blitz like everything and the kitchen sink.  That neutralized  the Timerberwolf running game.

#2. Due to Dobie blitzing so much, screen passes and quick passes in the seams were wide open all day.  United went to this a few times for positive yards and IMHO, Could've did this all night.

#3 Dobie's weird misdirection offense was hard for the United D to catch on to but as the scrimmage went on, they were better equipped to slow it down. 

#4. United's Best Linemen didn't play.

#5.  Things were very vanilla on United's side while Obviously, Dobie was trying to win as they unveiled a reverse flea flicker type play.

I think United will be fine for kickoff next week and look forward to them cleaning some things up.

PS... Shout out to the Sophemore that made plays all night.  Good open field tackles and the 90 yard INT return for paydirt.

Very good analysis.  I don’t know if I’ve ever seen a high school team blitz as much as they did in this scrimmage, let alone an actual game.

2 hours ago, Alpha Wolf said:

After watching the video, the INT return was 98 yards...

I saw that same video.  I also seen a few Do ie players made a horrible effort to tackle this kid on that return...  almost to the tune of trotting on the play...  I have no idea what that was about...  almost like they gave up...

51 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I saw that same video.  I also seen a few Do ie players made a horrible effort to tackle this kid on that return...  almost to the tune of trotting on the play...  I have no idea what that was about...  almost like they gave up...

But I thought you said they were trying to "win" though??  

11 hours ago, Uncle Pig said:

Is being selective when you can hit the QB changing the rules?

10 hours ago, Go-rilla said:

Haha.... think bear bryant qbs wore red shirts??

Pig, I just went back and watched the highlights of the scrimmage on Dobie's Maxpreps page.  If I didn't want my QB getting hit, I would have had him wearing a red jersey.  Guess what?  They didn't have any of their QB's wearing a red jersey the entire scrimmage and with the type of offense they run, they were asking him to get hit.  All of ours wore red jerseys, hence the reason the refs blew the whistle early when it came to our QB's.  So you saying our coaches changed the rules is BS and sounds like you are the one full of crap...

On 8/26/2019 at 8:23 AM, Alpha Wolf said:

Pig, I just went back and watched the highlights of the scrimmage on Dobie's Maxpreps page.  If I didn't want my QB getting hit, I would have had him wearing a red jersey.  Guess what?  They didn't have any of their QB's wearing a red jersey the entire scrimmage and with the type of offense they run, they were asking him to get hit.  All of ours wore red jerseys, hence the reason the refs blew the whistle early when it came to our QB's.  So you saying our coaches changed the rules is BS and sounds like you are the one full of crap...

Is the same guy coaching that pulled a Chris Webber and called time out against LP when they had none left? If so then the Wolves are in for another boo boo year. Look for a repeat of the mighty Timberwolves 2018 season..2-8. Make no mistake the Wolves will have  better players than most all of the teams they line up against, but ole Willie Taggart Wolf will somehow mess things up. 

44 minutes ago, Uncle Pig said:

Is the same guy coaching that pulled a Chris Webber and called time out against LP when they had none left? If so then the Wolves are in for another boo boo year. Look for a repeat of the mighty Timberwolves 2018 season..2-8. Make no mistake the Wolves will have  better players than most all of the teams they line up against, but ole Willie Taggart Wolf will somehow mess things up. 

Relax

5 hours ago, Uncle Pig said:

Yes AL is still coaching and I’ll be the first to stand up and say that I wasn’t a fan of his hiring last year when I know some of the other names that were on the list.  Yes there were a few games like the Laporte game that should have been won last year that weren’t.  But we are past that point now.

There was just as much talent on last years team as there is on this one in my opinion .  The problem was (including one of my own sons ) after being Jaguars for 3 years and Panthers for 3 years, those kids didn’t buy in on being United as Timberwolves.  Hell the coaches didn’t even buy in last year and the kids could see it. 

Fast forward one year.  God himself has reshaped the structure of this team if you know what I mean.  This group of seniors and juniors are not talking about being Jaguars and Panthers, they have bought in on being Timberwolves and being United.  Even the coaches are more on the same page this year than they were last year.  Everybody at 3443 Fannett Rd simply wants to win.  Case in point, last years volleyball team who suffered from the same issues as the football team only won 9 games all year.  Well this years team has bought in and already has 8 wins with a lot more games to go.  I expect and believe that The U will have more than 2 wins and you should too...

1 minute ago, Uncle Pig said:

Just calling it like I see it. United(Central and Ozen) have always had some of the best players in the state, yet they can’t seem to get it together. Not fair at all to those kids.

Same can be said for a few teams around here including mine, you my guy bruh, relax, let em cook up.