Predictions: PN-G at Silsbee

Reagan

10 hours ago, JaspD55 said:

Did not see 2nd scrimmage, but Foster played better than you think. Receivers doing there own thing and not running there proper routes, makes QB look worse than it should. Against Vidor receiver taking wrong angle on screens, you can see on film ,twice should have been touchdown. Just youth, will get better.

Been told Briscoe is a defensive starter, so that should settle your QB debate, for now

I think ppl are getting caught up to much in who should be the starting quarterback.both are talented.and it's not just abt the qb.its abt the team getting better each. Take for example Clemson who won the national title switched QBs.and I can even do better than that.even my yrs at w.o 86-87. Had two.somethings just plays itself out.even silsbee last year switched QBs.its all abt getting better as a team each week. 

Let's see how the Silsbee O-Line blocks this year minus Lightfoot.  I'm sure the coaching staff will have then ready to open up those holes for those 3 horses in the backfield.   Is it true that Tarver is put and won't play this week?  If it's true, then the running game may take a step back a little.  Also, is the PN-G O-Line all the way healthy?  I heard some of them are dinged up and remember, Big boy got carted off in Thursday's scrimmage.  I hope he's  good to go.  What's  his status?  This game will hinge on trench warfare, more so with Silsbee as their bread and butter is the power running game.  

5 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Lol.  There was NO fighting between families.  Lol.

Johnson was the starting QB last year.  Is that who  you're talking about?  If so, did you see those first two games that he started?  Did you like the offensive prodiction?

Not taking anything away from the Sophmore, but a betting man would roll with EXPERIENCE  and RESULTS. Still don't understand how this is still even a debate.

Their loss?  Better QB?  Too many unanswered questions for anyone to make a bold statement like that.  That kid has not even played a down of varsity football.

You're trippin for real.  

I hate I'll miss the game this Friday,  but I do plan on the next game vs. Newton...

Let's go a little bit further and say the production of the first three games from last year. Now, game one was against the 5A #15 PNG Indians and a top QB in the nation, game two was against the #1 3A team in the nation Newton Eagles and their barrage of D1 players and game three was against the 5A #20 Nederland Bulldogs, that went down to the wire. I ask you who on our schedule was better than the first three teams? NOBODY! So, comparing the production in the first three game against the last twelve is irrelevant. Also, Johnson was not the starting QB last year, the QB position was a platoon project and it wasn't working. Johnson was just the better QB last year. As good as Briscoe is, Foster has the experience of starting in ten games last year, playing in twelve games and like the man said a betting man would roll with experience. From what I seen in practice and the two scrimmages, I think Briscoe has done a little better, but maybe not enough. Do I think Briscoe should start over Foster, No. Foster has game time and that means a lot. Lets see Foster's production against these first three team that are not as good a last year. I expect to see Foster take that next step. TigerNation!!!

P.S. First pass of the season last year was a Johnson to Turk 75 yard TD. 

8 minutes ago, STiger85 said:

Let's go a little bit further and say the production of the first three games from last year. Now, game one was against the 5A #15 PNG Indians and a top QB in the nation, game two was against the #1 3A team in the nation Newton Eagles and their barrage of D1 players and game three was against the 5A #20 Nederland Bulldogs, that went down to the wire. I ask you who on our schedule was better than the first three teams? NOBODY! So, comparing the production in the first three game against the last twelve is irrelevant. Also, Johnson was not the starting QB last year, the QB position was a platoon project and it wasn't working. Johnson was just the better QB last year. As good as Briscoe is, Foster has the experience of starting in ten games last year, playing in twelve games and like the man said a betting man would roll with experience. From what I seen in practice and the two scrimmages, I think Briscoe has done a little better, but maybe not enough. Do I think Briscoe should start over Foster, No. Foster has game time and that means a lot. Lets see Foster's production against these first three team that are not as good a last year. I expect to see Foster take that next step. TigerNation!!!

P.S. First pass of the season last year was a Johnson to Turk 75 yard TD. 

I don't want to  run a kid down, but Johnson made some questionable errors especially in that PN-G game last year,  and pretty much made us one dimensional and continued the same thing week two.  I know they were against very good teams, but he was the starter at that time and it didn't pan out.  We even had to bring in the hot shot RB to play QB some and he did a decent job doing that.  ...and I remember the long pass to Turk.  I'm also the one that originally said you can't teach experience.   I'm rolling with the one that proved himself.  Now, if Briscoe is athletic, he should get on the field some and I'd like that as it will put Silsbee in positions  to win games.  I just think that it won't be at QB.  

8 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I don't want to  run a kid down, but Johnson made some questionable errors especially in that PN-G game last year,  and pretty much made us one dimensional and continued the same thing week two.  I know they were against very good teams, but he was the starter at that time and it didn't pan out.  We even had to bring in the hot shot RB to play QB some and he did a decent job doing that.  ...and I remember the long pass to Turk.  I'm also the one that originally said you can't teach experience.   I'm rolling with the one that proved himself.  Now, if Briscoe is athletic, he should get on the field some and I'd like that as it will put Silsbee in positions  to win games.  I just think that it won't be at QB.  

Actually, It was having to make decisions while running for your life, in both games. Why would you even think about running a kid down in situations like those first two games, two first games against highly rank teams with great football tradition in highly hostel environment, I'm sure there was some errors. That hot shot RB was the scheduled starting QB in rotation, not someone that they "had to bring in" and no he didn't do a decent job. I declare Soulja, what where you watching? Do you remember the first time Foster started against a ranked team with great football tradition in a highly hostel environment? Yeah, he made some "questionable errors" also. It's something that happens in that type of environment. Foster had the chance and opportunity to get more experience and he took advantage of it. Like I said Foster should be the starter and I'm looking forward to seeing him take that next step. Because this years team will need a better QB than we had last year and with a year of experience under his belt everybody will be looking for it. TigerNation!!

7 minutes ago, STiger85 said:

Actually, It was having to make decisions while running for your life, in both games. Why would you even think about running a kid down in situations like those first two games, two first games against highly rank teams with great football tradition in highly hostel environment, I'm sure there was some errors. That hot shot RB was the scheduled starting QB in rotation, not someone that they "had to bring in" and no he didn't do a decent job. I declare Soulja, what where you watching? Do you remember the first time Foster started against a ranked team with great football tradition in a highly hostel environment? Yeah, he made some "questionable errors" also. It's something that happens in that type of environment. Foster had the chance and opportunity to get more experience and he took advantage of it. Like I said Foster should be the starter and I'm looking forward to seeing him take that next step. Because this years team will need a better QB than we had last year and with a year of experience under his belt everybody will be looking for it. TigerNation!!

Running for your life, yes I seen it.  Do you have those stats?  I remember big sacks being taken, not throwing the ball away.  I seen just chunking the ball into coverage to avoid a sack.  I dont care how good the competition is.  Those are things you can't  do as a starter in varsity  over and over again.  

Thw Hot shot RB did well, but his natural position is RB and he has been gifted at it for years, even before high school.  He did well, but it shouldn't have had to be like that.  I'm glad Foster got his stuff together and graced the reigns  and took off.  

And I know you want what's best for the team and I understand your angle on this.  I want what's best too.  Believe it or  not, I'm still following the team and when i see those kids, I talk all of them up.  They know they have a leader in Foster and he's  gained all of their confidence and trust INCLUDING  the coaching staff...

...and I see that Garth is out for the season. Tough loss, big guy.  I hope he makes a full recovery and suites  up to play in the burnt  orange next year.   

PN-G run game will be affected because they usually run to his side of the field, but the QB throws darts and Silsbee's secondary better grow up fast or this kid could nickel and dime them for a big night...

32 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Running for your life, yes I seen it.  Do you have those stats?  I remember big sacks being taken, not throwing the ball away.  I seen just chunking the ball into coverage to avoid a sack.  I dont care how good the competition is.  Those are things you can't  do as a starter in varsity  over and over again.  

Thw Hot shot RB did well, but his natural position is RB and he has been gifted at it for years, even before high school.  He did well, but it shouldn't have had to be like that.  I'm glad Foster got his stuff together and graced the reigns  and took off.  

And I know you want what's best for the team and I understand your angle on this.  I want what's best too.  Believe it or  not, I'm still following the team and when i see those kids, I talk all of them up.  They know they have a leader in Foster and he's  gained all of their confidence and trust INCLUDING  the coaching staff...

Why yes, yes I do have the stats! I will not put them on here, but will message them to you if you like. Then all I want you to do is type on here "STiger85 was right". Yes I remember the games, the whole games. I know both starting QBs having to do what they could to survive. We only gave up two INTs in the first two games, one game a piece, both going for TDs. The INT in the Newton game, if I remember right, was tipped and intercepted. The receiver was open. Like I said if I remember right. Just so you know there is no angle here. I am a Silsbee Tiger through and through and bleed maroon & white.  I will not sugar coat things about the Tigers, I see no since in it as people on here will find about it. As I have stated on here already, Foster is the QB, he has the time, the experience and he has earned it, your preaching to the choir. I just can't wait to see that next step. 

Silsbee has plenty of athletes that will step up at the receiver position this year. Just like last year, not one receiver this year started last year and I think that group turned out pretty good so I like our chances. Again, let them get some game experience and don't judge them on the first couple or three games. 

20 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Lol.  There was NO fighting between families.  Lol.

Johnson was the starting QB last year.  Is that who  you're talking about?  If so, did you see those first two games that he started?  Did you like the offensive prodiction?

Not taking anything away from the Sophmore, but a betting man would roll with EXPERIENCE  and RESULTS. Still don't understand how this is still even a debate.

Their loss?  Better QB?  Too many unanswered questions for anyone to make a bold statement like that.  That kid has not even played a down of varsity football.

You're trippin for real.  

I hate I'll miss the game this Friday,  but I do plan on the next game vs. Newton...

So you are saying. Taylor wasn’t QB last year. And that their was no fight/disagreement between the parents. Wow. Silsbee fans are delusional. 

7 minutes ago, KB24 said:

So you are saying. Taylor wasn’t QB last year. And that their was no fight/disagreement between the parents. Wow. Silsbee fans are delusional. 

I'm actually a United fan that's followed Silsbee football closely the last 12 or so years.  And I agree with you that  there are some Silsbee fans that are delusional... for the most part, most are well knowledgable and nice people,  at least from my experiences.   Have a blessed kickoff week!  ✌️😎

19 minutes ago, FrodoNDN said:

Having Garth out is a big bummer. The kids senior year looking to go to the Longhorns, bad deal. Haven't been able to keep up with our team much this year,  wondering if my Indian buddies are out there?

what happened to the big guy,hopefully he gets back quickly!!

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I'm actually a United fan that's followed Silsbee football closely the last 12 or so years.  And I agree with you that  there are some Silsbee fans that are delusional... for the most part, most are well knowledgable and nice people,  at least from my experiences.   Have a blessed kickoff week!  ✌️😎

As we move on from this non argument, Tiger fans should be more concerned with the New Supt, principle, teachers, and counselors, big turn over this year. It may be fine, might not. Takes a village , including parents, to make a long playoff run, everybody working together to keep the kids on the field. That's a big part of WSO, and Newtons success. Now lets play some Football!

On 8/24/2019 at 12:16 PM, prepballfan said:

Been watching him play for many years he has a great knack to run at the right time 

I haven't seen PNG lately.  In JH there was a big kid that played RB on the A team.  He wasn't super fast but quick for his size and could score.  Should be a Soph now.  He still at RB?  JV or Varsity?